No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys can you please help me with all documents I need to send when applying for GC (because of grant of asylum in Feb 2019)? Are these enough?

1- i-485 form
    2- medial exam report
    3- asylum approval letter
    4- asylum i-94
    5- photos
    6- copy of my travel document as proof of identity and my travels abroad
    7- copy of my EAD as proof of identity
    8- copy of rental agreement / work / tax return as proof of 1 yr residency in USA

Do I need to submit anything else?
    Please let me know if you can think of anything that I must submit. I don't want to get a request for evidence, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by garbage View Post
      I got my green card!
      Again I was wrong. It was not uscis fault. It was the USPS fault. Address in the mail is right there with big letter and yet mailman updated as incomplete was about the send it back. Today I called uscis, they could not give me definite answer.
      Then I went to local USPS they said it was incomplete address it returning to the sender back. I talked to the manager very firm but nicely. They said since it's monday morning It could be still in office. they tracked where it is. I went there, again it was moved to different usps office, I said alright I am gonna try all in. I run to that address. What do you know they are about ship it. I explained the situation they digged up and pull the mail. Thats how avoided the head ache. Now card is in hand. What a rollercoaster.
      thanks everybody.
      below my timeline:

12.3.2018 - Application sent
      2.27.2020 - Biometrics
      3.2.2020 - new card being produced
      3.5.2020 - new card sent to mailing address
      3.7.2020 - mail returning to sender due incomplete address
      3.9.2020 - literally tracked down the mail and card in hand

card dated back 3.2.2019.

Stay tight everybody. Everything has its own time.
      Congrats buddy! I know that feeling man

Countdown to citizenship come 2024

I learned something new from your flea in a jar analogy, and that is so true! Many times we are so conditioned by our environment, our backgrounds, our experiences or by the people around us that we fail to see that we could go higher than we thought.

Anyway, it's time to conquer the world! May we all aim higher than others!

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
        Guys can you please help me with all documents I need to send when applying for GC (because of grant of asylum in Feb 2019)? Are these enough?

1- i-485 form
        2- medial exam report
        3- asylum approval letter
        4- asylum i-94
        5- photos
        6- copy of my travel document as proof of identity and my travels abroad
        7- copy of my EAD as proof of identity
        8- copy of rental agreement / work / tax return as proof of 1 yr residency in USA

Do I need to submit anything else?
        Please let me know if you can think of anything that I must submit. I don't want to get a request for evidence, thanks!
        Your birth certificate! Don't forget that or you may receive an RFE later on which could potentially delay your case.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanana View Post
          I got notifications to provide new medical evidences for my family, but I just got 3 notification letters for 4 applications while the case status on USCIS website shows that they sent 4 notifications. In this case, do you know how long does it take to request a copy from USCIS website? and is there any problem if I send 3 medical forms first, then send the other form after I receive the copy of the missing notification? Please note that, the missing is one of a derivative application.
          Please advise. Thank you.
          To be on the safer side, I would just redo and send in all 4 medical reports. It doesn't hurt to redo and send in the 4th one. You're this close to getting an approval and you wouldn't want anything delaying your cases further.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

Your birth certificate! Don't forget that or you may receive an RFE later on which could potentially delay your case.
            Thank you! I was confused about Birth Certificate, the form says it's not required for Refugees or Asylees (it makes sense because we cannot go back to our country or even our embassy to get a copy)
            • All Form I-485 applicants, except refugees and asylees, must submit a photocopy of their birth certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority from the country of birth. Although refugees and asylees are not required to submit a photocopy of their birth certificate, if the birth certificate is available, refugees and asylees should submit a copy of the birth certificate. USCIS will only accept a long-form birth certificate which lists at least one parent.
            • If your birth certificate is unavailable or does not exist, you must prove its unavailability or nonexistence and provide acceptable alternative evidence of birth. (Refugees and asylees do not need to prove unavailability or nonexistence of their birth certificate.)

The form says SHOULD not MUST but also specifically says NOT REQUIRED.

Has anyone here had issues with birth certificate? I don't have my birth certificate so I'm worried

Last edited by gtaid1; 03-12-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Any one getting approval from Tsc ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
                Any one getting approval from Tsc ?
                Nothing that I've heard of. What is your application date and Service Center? Did you receive a fingerprint appointment lately?

Comment

• Anybody here who filed I 730 at Texas service center. I applied in October 2018 but still shows same update as of day first. The processing time goes up every month.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny1122 View Post
                    any one getting approval from tsc ?
                    asylum approved april 2018
                    gc filed july 2019
                    2nd finger print done feb 25 2020
                    tsc centre

Comment

• Originally posted by Ali khan swat View Post
                      Anybody here who filed I 730 at Texas service center. I applied in October 2018 but still shows same update as of day first. The processing time goes up every month.
                      Same picture here man ! In February 2019 filed i-730 to TSC nothing new accept the NOA and fee waiver message. Case status showing error message as always

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post

asylum approved april 2018
                        gc filed july 2019
                        2nd finger print done feb 25 2020
                        tsc centre
                        I applied for gc in May 2019 and did fingerprints on feb 27th 2020
                        Nothing have changed yet. Still waiting

Comment

Thank you! I was confused about Birth Certificate, the form says it's not required for Refugees or Asylees (it makes sense because we cannot go back to our country or even our embassy to get a copy)
                          • All Form I-485 applicants, except refugees and asylees, must submit a photocopy of their birth certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority from the country of birth. Although refugees and asylees are not required to submit a photocopy of their birth certificate, if the birth certificate is available, refugees and asylees should submit a copy of the birth certificate. USCIS will only accept a long-form birth certificate which lists at least one parent.
                          • If your birth certificate is unavailable or does not exist, you must prove its unavailability or nonexistence and provide acceptable alternative evidence of birth. (Refugees and asylees do not need to prove unavailability or nonexistence of their birth certificate.)

Has anyone here had issues with birth certificate? I don't have my birth certificate so I'm worried
                          It is clear, It is your interpretation of it is incorrect. In other words, Once the Birth Certificate is available and in your possession or have access to apply for a new one, then you ought to submit same to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, USCIS with any applications that requires it.

Comment

If your birth certificate is available, it is highly recommended that you submit it with your I485 application, especially if you submitted a copy of it when you filed your asylum. USCIS has access to your immigration record and the officer can see any and all previously filed forms and supporting documents by you in the past. If you did submit your birth certificate when you filed your asylum, your USCIS officer can see that and could initiate an RFE to submit it if missing among your I485 package. Many former asylees who did not submit their birth certs with their I485 have had RFEs sent to them asking for it.

The choice is entirely up to you.
                            Last edited by ceci1073; 03-16-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• I guess with this Coronovirus drama, all offices will be closed and processing times delayed even more

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                                I guess with this Coronovirus drama, all offices will be closed and processing times delayed even more
                                I have the same thoughts

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X