Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buchavka21
    I'm a little bit shocked. Here's what USCIS requested from me:
    1. Birth certificate was not sent. Hello? Hey? It is written clearly on uscis site that asylees and refuges have the option of NOT to submit their birth certificate. If you saw that they require to send to them if jesus lord you do not have your bc you would literary loose your mind. Thanks God I have it otherwise it would have been real hard to get what they ask if you dont have one.
    2. Police clearance. That one I thought was really a joke. They say in the letter although we obtained your fingerprints twice they came back "unclassified" both times. Why the **** did you take it then everytime I wasted my time to go to their offices in the middle of nowhere? It took you a year to inform me about your shitty done job to identify me? No words, guys .
    3. Medical records which were expected.
    Resume: if are gonna be applying soon for your I-485 dont listen to the **** they post on their web site. Send them EVERYTHING you have even if they dont ask for that. Otherwise expect surprises like me. Good news I finally got my RFE.
    I totally get your anger towards USCIS. well you know it's USCIS.. you should provide them whatever they asking for. just be happy that your case is moving and you're almost final steps to receive your green card soon.

It's wasn't probably easy for most of us waiting years to get the green. it takes about years to complete process with courts and then we had to wait about a year to apply for green card. but even we waited months to receive it by mail assuming everything is OK.. that's not the case always, depending on your luck you will get the green card.

I have been waiting 10 months since my filed date and my application is still additional review and application is suspended until review complete.

It has been almost 6 years that I have been waiting to receive it and for many other it maybe longer.

Just don't upset and provide them what asking you. after everything when you get the green card. just take deep breath and be relax. good luck!

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Originally posted by Buchavka21
      I'm a little bit shocked. Here's what USCIS requested from me:
      1. Birth certificate was not sent. Hello? Hey? It is written clearly on uscis site that asylees and refuges have the option of NOT to submit their birth certificate. If you saw that they require to send to them if jesus lord you do not have your bc you would literary loose your mind. Thanks God I have it otherwise it would have been real hard to get what they ask if you dont have one.
      2. Police clearance. That one I thought was really a joke. They say in the letter although we obtained your fingerprints twice they came back "unclassified" both times. Why the **** did you take it then everytime I wasted my time to go to their offices in the middle of nowhere? It took you a year to inform me about your shitty done job to identify me? No words, guys .
      3. Medical records which were expected.
      Resume: if are gonna be applying soon for your I-485 dont listen to the **** they post on their web site. Send them EVERYTHING you have even if they dont ask for that. Otherwise expect surprises like me. Good news I finally got my RFE.
      1) I didn't experience this issue when my RFE was issued, because I included my birth certificate in my original application regardless. I guess you'd just have to do so.

2) From my research online, police clearance is often needed if for some reason USCIS is unable to match your fingerprints or your fingerprints are not well-established in their database to run their background check on you on their end. An alternative to this problem is to have the applicant obtain police clearance reports from the county/state that they have long lived in recently...something to that effect. In your case, you'd need to obtain one from the closest police office to your former address in DC, given that you spent the last 2 or 3 years living in DC, I presume.

3) That was expected...

At least, there is some movement on your case and an RFE means that your file has been pulled out of the queue/storage center and has been assigned to an officer for adjudication. Expect your green card soon and start counting towards your citizenship!!

Goodluck
      Last edited by mekus21; 08-21-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Uscis text message

Hello guys,

Application submitted : 02/16/2018 on Texas Service Center
        Biometrics notice: 03/02/2018 that They don't need any bio metrics and they will use my old biometrics that I used with my old case

After about 5.5 months of waiting

On 8/15/2018 I received an email says that they are still reviewing my case and they last took action on my case in July 18/ 2018 but when I checked my online tool I did not find any action took from March 02 2018.

Today on 8/22/2018, I received a text message from USCIS saying that they are still reviewing my case and they will notify me when my status has changed.

I feel that they are handling my case now but I did not get any updates on my status since 03/02/2018 except for the email they sent me on 8/15/2018 and the text message that I received today.

Anybody has experience with that, By uscis sending me this email and text message, Is that mean that they are working on my case or that just general messages??

Comment

• Originally posted by georgekaram View Post
          i have been waiting since late 2013. they say being processed.

Sorry to ask but why????? Do you have any complications with your case? Were you approved by IJ or AO?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
            Hello guys,

Biometrics notice: 03/02/2018 that They don't need any bio metrics and they will use my old biometrics that I used with my old case

On 8/15/2018 I received an email says that they are still reviewing my case and they last took action on my case in July 18/ 2018 but when I checked my online tool I did not find any action took from March 02 2018.

Today on 8/22/2018, I received a text message from USCIS saying that they are still reviewing my case and they will notify me when my status has changed.

I feel that they are handling my case now but I did not get any updates on my status since 03/02/2018 except for the email they sent me on 8/15/2018 and the text message that I received today.

Anybody has experience with that, By uscis sending me this email and text message, Is that mean that they are working on my case or that just general messages??

That very well might be a good sign. I have not received any notification by email nor text message since I filed in January 2018 from TSC. (Except the one time that they told me they don't need any new fingerprints since they can use the previous ones.)

Comment

• service request

Oct 23, 2017: Priority Date (NBS)

June 28, 2018: DHS account status changed
              We received your case
              You do not need to do anything at this time
              We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by July 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.
              but the notice never received, so i opened service request for missing mail

August 22, 2018: USCIS response

The status of this service request is:

We have researched your above mentioned case and concern, below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your case is currently in line for processing. We process cases in the order in which they are received. Please note that our processing times at www.uscis.gov/processingtimes are general estimates. Individual processing times vary. You do not need to do anything at this time. We will schedule your case for an interview as soon as possible and/or if additional information is required to process your case, you will receive written correspondence outlining the required documentation. We regret that we cannot provide a definitive timeframe on the processing of your case, but assure you that we are committed to the timely processing of cases.
              Anyone experience this? I have contacted congressman and Senator, they said my application is under additional review just about week ago.

Comment

• Processing time has changed

Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
                Hello guys,

Guys, the processing time for i485 based on grant of asylum for more than 1 year in Texas Service Center now is 6 Months to 26.5 Months, Above that's what happened with me in the last days, I hope that they are processing my case in the mean time since their fast cased are processed in 6 months. I hope they can start moving fast.

Update: I checked my email today and I found that they also sent me an email that (We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on August 8, 2018) Hope to hear soon from them
                Last edited by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer; 08-23-2018, 04:07 AM. Reason: update

Comment

• Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post

Update: I checked my email today and I found that they also sent me an email that (We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on August 8, 2018) Hope to hear soon from them

Hi,
                  Did you sign up for email notification about actions on your case? Or they just sending it to you without any requests from your side?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
                    Hi,
                    Did you sign up for email notification about actions on your case? Or they just sending it to you without any requests from your side?
                    I did sign up for the online tool on USCIS website page notification/alerts but when I go to check my status, I do not find any recent updates and the last update was March 2, 2018.
                    Last edited by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer; 08-23-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• local office

My case was filed October 23rd, 2017

Case Was Received At My Local Office
                      On June 28, 2018, we received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN1234567890, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
                      back then I did few service requests

We have researched your above mentioned case and concern, below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your case is currently in line for processing. We process cases in the order in which they are received. Please note that our processing times at www.uscis.gov/processingtimes are general estimates. Individual processing times vary. You do not need to do anything at this time. We will schedule your case for an interview as soon as possible and/or if additional information is required to process your case, you will receive written correspondence outlining the required documentation. We regret that we cannot provide a definitive timeframe on the processing of your case, but assure you that we are committed to the timely processing of cases.
                      I did a researched online and it seema USCIS usually transfer cases local office for interviews but my case is based on asylum and was granted by an IJ by back in 2016. Does anyone got such notification on USCIS dhs account?

Comment

• New Email

Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
                        Guys, the processing time for i485 based on grant of asylum for more than 1 year in Texas Service Center now is 6 Months to 26.5 Months, Above that's what happened with me in the last days, I hope that they are processing my case in the mean time since their fast cased are processed in 6 months. I hope they can start moving fast.

PD: 02/26/2018

Guys they sent me another email today 8/28/2018 that says

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on August 14, 2018

I have 5 applications with them in TSC. They sent me two emails in 6 days with new update on when they last took action but nothing has changed yet in case status. Does anyone experienced that before??

Comment

• I just checked the processing dates, and now they are processing cases from August 26,2016.

Comment

• local office

Does anyone know why USCIS transfer asylum based application to local office? "Case Was Received At My Local Office"

My case was handled by NSC for 8 months and now it has been received by NYC filed office 2 months ago. I haven't seen many people got transferred their cases to local office other than family/employee based green cards for interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by kDon View Post
                              Does anyone know why USCIS transfer asylum based application to local office? "Case Was Received At My Local Office"

My case was handled by NSC for 8 months and now it has been received by NYC filed office 2 months ago. I haven't seen many people got transferred their cases to local office other than family/employee based green cards for interviews.

It is very likely that they are planning to schedule you for an interview. I think that is good news! When did you file?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirzi View Post
                                It is very likely that they are planning to schedule you for an interview. I think that is good news! When did you file?
                                that's really weird coz I filed my gren card application on 10/23/2017. my case was granted by IJ on 09/28/2016.

For asylum based green card there shouldn't be an interview for green card applications?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X