Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Interview

Originally posted by kDon View Post
    that's really weird coz I filed my gren card application on 10/23/2017. my case was granted by IJ on 09/28/2016.

For asylum based green card there shouldn't be an interview for green card applications?

You are right, Shouldn't be, but sometimes it's happened. Usually nothing serious but just in case ask your layer to go with you. Layer knows your case better, and might have some ideas why they want you to come for an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirzi View Post
      It is very likely that they are planning to schedule you for an interview. I think that is good news! When did you file?
      Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
      You are right, Shouldn't be, but sometimes it's happened. Usually nothing serious but just in case ask your layer to go with you. Layer knows your case better, and might have some ideas why they want you to come for an interview.
      I don't think there will be an interview but here is the response to my SR

Your case is currently in line for processing. We process cases in the order in which they are received. Please note that our processing times at www.uscis.gov/processingtimes are general estimates. Individual processing times vary. You do not need to do anything at this time. We will schedule your case for an interview as soon as possible and/or if additional information is required to process your case, you will receive written correspondence outlining the required documentation.

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

Does anyone know why USCIS transfer asylum based application to local office? "Case Was Received At My Local Office"

My case was handled by NSC for 8 months and now it has been received by NYC filed office 2 months ago. I haven't seen many people got transferred their cases to local office other than family/employee based green cards for interviews.
        Did you file as a primary applicant or as a derivative of an asylee?

What country are you from?

Comment

• TSC transferring cases to another office for jursidiction

Guys, I have been tracking TSC i485 receipts and I have found that they are heavily working on cases who are their pd around 5-30 of August 2017 by sending RFE and stuff like that, but the the thing that I don't understand that almost 80% of i-485 cases is transferred to another office for Jurisdiction. I think they really might trying to push some of the loads to the local offices. I also noticed huge amount of people that their PD on December 2017 they got their interviews and got approved after they got transferred from TSC to another offices.
          Last edited by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer; 08-29-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• another interview after IJ

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
            Did you file as a primary applicant or as a derivative of an asylee?

What country are you from?
            I am the primary application and I am from Sri Lanka. I just called Level 2 officer regarding my case and I mentioned that my case is received by Local Office. he said that it is completely normal but you will have an interview for the green card application.

When I apply for the asylum back in 2013 My case was referred to IJ by IO. and then my case was granted back in September 2016 and I applied for the green card on 10/23/2017. Now it has been nearly 10 months and 8 months it was handle by NSC and since last 2 months it was received by NYC field office.

It's really strange that there will be an interview called again. because from what I heard my green should be received by mail or may be asked for supporting docs before sending the green card.

but for some reasons, there be another interview before issuing me the green card.

What I heard from the L2 office was that there are new rules since last year October an interview needs to be called before issuing the green card and some applicants pickup by a random call for an interview. that's sounds really strange.

Did anyone hear about this?

Comment

• i485 Delay at TSC

I am the primary application and I am from Sri Lanka. I just called Level 2 officer regarding my case and I mentioned that my case is received by Local Office. he said that it is completely normal but you will have an interview for the green card application.

When I apply for the asylum back in 2013 My case was referred to IJ by IO. and then my case was granted back in September 2016 and I applied for the green card on 10/23/2017. Now it has been nearly 10 months and 8 months it was handle by NSC and since last 2 months it was received by NYC field office.

It's really strange that there will be an interview called again. because from what I heard my green should be received by mail or may be asked for supporting docs before sending the green card.

but for some reasons, there be another interview before issuing me the green card.

What I heard from the L2 office was that there are new rules since last year October an interview needs to be called before issuing the green card and some applicants pickup by a random call for an interview. that's sounds really strange.

Did anyone hear about this?
              Usually, for asylee or refugee-based green cards, there should be no interview after filing for the green card. But in certain cases, the office or officer might decide to refer the applicant for an interview if clarification or certain info is needed.

Also, Trump's administration is not so friendly towards Muslims and if you are, it may partly be the reason for the interview call.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                Usually, for asylee or refugee-based green cards, there should be no interview after filing for the green card. But in certain cases, the office or officer might decide to refer the applicant for an interview if clarification or certain info is needed.

Also, Trump's administration is not so friendly towards Muslims and if you are, it may partly be the reason for the interview call.
                Thank you for the reply. I am not a Muslim. It has been nearly 6 years since I applied for asylum and I went through the AO and IJ and cases granted.

the strangest thing is I never heard of an interview for asylum based green card after the grant by IJ. I didn't find any forums or articles refers to such information.

Comment

• Originally posted by kDon View Post
                  Thank you for the reply. I am not a Muslim. It has been nearly 6 years since I applied for asylum and I went through the AO and IJ and cases granted.

the strangest thing is I never heard of an interview for asylum based green card after the grant by IJ. I didn't find any forums or articles refers to such information.

Actually it is not that strange at all. The law indicates that: "Officers will make the decision to interview an asylee applicant for adjustment of status on a case-by-case basis." See 8 CFR 209.2(e). In a case that any of us is called for interview, that is because a decision has been made to interview us for our green card applications. It is always a good idea to have all the paper work ready, and consult/hire an immigration attorney.

Disclaimer: This is not a legal advice, and in no way should be regarded as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buchavka21
                    Hi guys,
                    I need your advice if you were in a similar situation. Before applying for my i-485 but already being an Asylee I applied for a RTD and paid for it 220$. It was in June 2017. In August 2017 I applied for my i-485. This year my RTD expired and I recently applied for my second RTD while my I-485 is still pending. But yesterday USCIS returned all my docs back saying that they did it because I hadn't sent any payment with my docs. As far as I know you are not paying for your RTD if you're i-485 is pending, right? And I attached the notice of action that my i-485 is in progress. Nevertheless, they still returned the application demanding the payment. Any ideas? At first I thought maybe it's because I already had my RTD, but I applied for it before my i-485 and I paid for it in full. So what the heck then? Thanks

Did you pay for your I-485, or the fees were waived?

Comment

Hi guys,
                      I need your advice if you were in a similar situation. Before applying for my i-485 but already being an Asylee I applied for a RTD and paid for it 220$. It was in June 2017. In August 2017 I applied for my i-485. This year my RTD expired and I recently applied for my second RTD while my I-485 is still pending. But yesterday USCIS returned all my docs back saying that they did it because I hadn't sent any payment with my docs. As far as I know you are not paying for your RTD if you're i-485 is pending, right? And I attached the notice of action that my i-485 is in progress. Nevertheless, they still returned the application demanding the payment. Any ideas? At first I thought maybe it's because I already had my RTD, but I applied for it before my i-485 and I paid for it in full. So what the heck then? Thanks

In any event, I would just go ahead and pay it. Also, I would not be applying as a "pending adjustment of status" which would qualify you for an "advance parole". I would apply to renew "refugee travel document" as an approved asylee which would require the $220.00 fee again. They do not tend to renew based on pending green card while you are an asylee. Same applies to the EAD.

Comment

• Denied

Originally posted by ray11 View Post
                        Hi rayon6798, my asylum with my mother got approved in early 2017 in NYC. Filed for i 485 on may 2018. Any updates for yours ?
                        Hey i received an update on August 30,2018 saying they denied my i-485 application because i filed a couple days before my 1 year been granted asylum.

So i had to file all over again, but i make sure send my application to Nebraska office and it was accepted so far. Praying that they don't transfer it at all

Comment

• Originally posted by rayon6798 View Post
                          Hey guys sharing my timeline waiting.......

May, 2015: Asylum approved
                          May, 2016: Sent out i485
                          June, 2016: Asylum application received at TSC/priority date
                          June, 2016: Biometrics done for i485

June 2016: Notice for Evidence ( Family information form)

June 6, 2017: Received notice for Evidence.

i was told my case was transfer to the Brooklyn office from May 2017.

On December 4,2017 received a letter from Brooklyn office stating that my medical has expired since it has been over 1 year. also stated if requested for an (interview) the new medical is required.

No update on my i485 case for nearly over 2 year.

Raised over numerous service requests and Info pass during this period, no useful response gotten.

Last info pass visit on July 13, 2018 i was told my case in Preliminary review which i should received an interview notice once completed.... SMH

Originally posted by rayon6798 View Post
                          Hey i received an update on August 30,2018 saying they denied my i-485 application because i filed a couple days before my 1 year been granted asylum.

So i had to file all over again, but i make sure send my application to Nebraska office and it was accepted so far. Praying that they don't transfer it at all
                          Hi rayon6798,
                          so after waiting for your i-485 since May 2016 (more than 2 years), you finally received a letter saying that you filed a few days too early?

Comment

• i485 Denial at TSC

Originally posted by rayon6798 View Post

It is sad to hear that you had to wait for 2 years only to have your application denied. It really sucks.

Wow, wait you sent your new i485 package directly to NSC without changing address and it was accepted?

Comment

• Interview at local office

Did you anyone received a interview notice for the green card application based on grant of aslyum?

My priority date is 10/23/2017 and application was pending for 11 months now. I just went to Infopass appointment at NYC Field office and IO said.. my application will be scheduled for an interview. Haven't seen such thing for green card application after granted by IJ.

Comment

Hi y'all.
                                My case was approved yesterday and I'm expecting my green card shortly. Thus, I have a question. Do you use/have been using your national foreign travel passport? I have mixed info. Some lawyers say you must not use your national passport and only use RTD, others say theres no legal ground for that restriction and you just must not return to the country of your asylum. Please, respond only those guys who traveled outside of US with their national foreign passport and how was the experience like at the boarder on the way back?
                                Thanks 😘

First of congratulations!!! It good to hear about the good news since you struggled a lot past few weeks.

About the passport and traveling. By default you shouldn't be traveling the country where you have the treat. But depending on your situation people do travel. You can use the national passport to travel to any country and green card to return the country. But I don't about RTD and I assume people use RTD only when they are asylum seekers with pending green card. But now you're a permanent resident of USA. So you won't be required to use that RTD any longer.

I have a question.. your case was handled by TSC right? What's your priority date and did you receive the approval based on estimated time frame or it was outside normal processing? And have you had an interview for green card? Because mine was referred to an interview as I told by the infopass appointment today. My cass is outside normal processing time and 11 months pending at NYC field office. Were your case ever transferred to local office before the decision?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X