Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post

Agree on that . When you feel some support here it’s comforting. We are from New York. I have seen a lot of cases from New York were transferred to Texas. Originally all cases from New York were sent to Nebraska. This transfer made any good. Long waits . 1-3 years in Texas is waiting time for asylum based green card . Unfortunately
    Hi guys, USCIS updated dates for Texas, wait few more months and you can open a claim with USCIS about “outside normal processing time” case

Comment

• Why the h they are going back and forth?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fru-Fru View Post
        Why the h they are going back and forth?!
        No idea, maybe adjusted workload between offices, transferred cases etc.
        But I haven't seen any updates on their website.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunmeikaz View Post

Hi guys, USCIS updated dates for Texas, wait few more months and you can open a claim with USCIS about “outside normal processing time” case
          Yup .but I’m not rising my hopes too high . They could change it any second back to 2017.

Comment

• USCIS Begins Producing Security-Enhanced Travel Documents

Last Reviewed/Updated: 10/24/2019

To prevent secure document tampering, counterfeiting, and fraud, we will begin producing on Oct. 24 a new security-enhanced U.S. travel document, which is a booklet that looks similar to a U.S. passport and serves dual purposes. The travel document can serve in place of:
            • Form I-327, Permit to Reenter the United States: Lawful permanent residents use the Reentry Permit to return from temporary travel outside of the United States and, in some cases, may use a Reentry Permit for travel in place of a passport; and
            • Form I-571, Refugee Travel Document: Those with refugee or asylum status use a Refugee Travel Document if they wish to temporarily travel outside of the United States and, in some cases, may use a Refugee Travel Document for travel in place of a passport.

The new travel document will include a variety of secure features:
            • Redesigned booklet cover
            • Four montages containing three images, each of notable U.S. architecture, used throughout the booklet
            • A combination of first-, second- and third-level security features (overt, covert and forensic)
              • Overt is something you can see with the eye, such as the central image of the Statue of Liberty.
              • Covert is something that requires a tool, such as a magnifying glass, to see fine detail artwork.
              • Forensic is something that requires laboratory examination.

Prior versions of the travel document will remain valid until their expiration date.

Comment

• CASE APPROVAL YESTERDAY TEXAS SERVICE CENTER
              Application in may 2018
              several info pass and congress follow up past months
              interviewed at local office Oct 2019
              RFE for expired medicals Oct 2019
              RFE submitted Oct 2019
              Case approved November 2019
              18 months in total to get green card,wish you guys still awaiting Texas center all the best,God bless America.

Comment

• Aisabini Congratulations! Enjoy your new “Green” life !

Comment

• Originally posted by Aisabini View Post
                  CASE APPROVAL YESTERDAY TEXAS SERVICE CENTER
                  Application in may 2018
                  several info pass and congress follow up past months
                  interviewed at local office Oct 2019
                  RFE for expired medicals Oct 2019
                  RFE submitted Oct 2019
                  Case approved November 2019
                  18 months in total to get green card,wish you guys still awaiting Texas center all the best,God bless America.
                  Hey, congrats!!!

Why they wanted another interview? What was it about?

Comment

• Thanks guys,wish you all the best too.
                    Few people go in for green card interview and we were one of them,overall it was okay and the key is honesty

Comment

Thanks guys,wish you all the best too.
                      Few people go in for green card interview and we were one of them,overall it was okay and the key is honesty
                      Congrats! What was your green card interview about?

Comment

Thanks guys,wish you all the best too.
                        Is it the same scenario as Asylum interview? How long does it take?

Comment

• yes,basically touched on bit of asylum story again ,employment,school for kiddo etc. it took about 20 mins each,like i said with honesty your story will be consistent and the officers are very kind.
                          Good luck guys

Comment

• Hi Guys, I had great news. I just got the Green Card. My I-485 timelines:
                            07/14/19 I-485 application submitted
                            07/16/19 UCCIS received, case allocated to Nebraska Service Center, Credit Card Charged
                            08/02/19 Biometrics appointment letter
                            08/14/19 Walk-in biometrics in the USCIS support center
                            08/16/19 Fingerprint review was completed
                            11/22/19 I-485 application was approved
                            11/29/19 GC in hand

It seems Nebraska Service Center processes Green Card applications much faster than any other service center. I didn't expect I could get GC so soon, not to mention I had a speeding ticket that had been dismissed before the application.
                            Last edited by petendt; 11-30-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by petendt View Post
                              Hi Guys, I had great news. I just got the Green Card. My I-485 timelines:
                              07/16/19 UCCIS received, case allocated to Nebraska Service Center, Credit Card Charged
                              11/29/19 GC in hand

It seems Nebraska Service Center processes Green Card applications much faster than any other service center. I didn't expect I could get GC so soon, not to mention I had a speeding ticket that had been dismissed before the application.
                              Congratulations! NSC is definitely faster than TSC (3 times as fast). NSC is taking about 4 months on average to approve I485 applications and about 4.5 to 5 months on average to approve I131 (travel document) applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by petendt View Post
                                Hi Guys, I had great news. I just got the Green Card. My I-485 timelines:
                                11/29/19 GC in hand

Congratulations!! I think you have one of the fastest timeframe

Comment

Working...
                                X