Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

I just don’t know how to cope with this anymore. I haven’t seen my family for 4 years. I have patiently waited for this card for 2 years soon, just to figure out that is not enough. I’m all cried out, helpless and mad ????
    I feel you. Every time when I try to calm myself and accept situation, I get stressed again. And it’s killing because I can’t do anything but wait up to 45 stupid month. I thought that all struggles with documents ended when I got approval after my interview, but I guess it was just the beginning.
    I still have some hope that it all ends sometime soon for all of us. And want it to be over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

I feel you. Every time when I try to calm myself and accept situation, I get stressed again. And it’s killing because I can’t do anything but wait up to 45 stupid month. I thought that all struggles with documents ended when I got approval after my interview, but I guess it was just the beginning.
      I still have some hope that it all ends sometime soon for all of us. And want it to be over.
      I feel that I can't simply move on, feel like a normal person and not "something in between". I can't buy a house where you often need a green card, travel with more confidence. I only have a permit for work and is that only supposed to make me a happy person? I can't even work for the jobs I want to work for, cause you either need a green card or citizenship..

Comment

• Those 45 months are just insane. They even went further back than they were last year. It's nonsene. I know that isn't actually accurate, and we've seen they've approved some cases from 2018 in the last days. I'm just hoping they change those dates in the upcoming weeks.....

Comment

• Hello!

This is the timeline for my I-131 petition

June 12, 2020We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.

October 1, 2020Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

but yesterday I received a notification that I have an appointment to take the biometrics on 11/13/2020
          I don’t understand. Why my case already says fingerprints were taken but I have to take again the biometrics

Is this normal? I tried to call to USCIS to speak with someone but it is impossible

Comment

• Little update here. Finally my son’s green card approved
            asylum approved march 2017
            i485 applied May 2018
            biometrics waived off
            RfE Medical Sep 01
            Response to RFE received Oct 14
            New card is being produced 29 October
            and i m still waiting for mine. Hopefully this week they approve mine as well ????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

You are welcome! Unfortunately, You CANNOT travel to United Arab Emirates with a U.S. Refugee Travel, Form I-571. If you visit the United Arab Emirates Consulate Website, they make it explicitly clear that they don't accept TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. You have a choice to travel to another country in the region that accepts the US Refugee Travel Document, FORM I-571 or delay travel until you become a NATURALIZED US CITIZEN, and then you can apply for US PASSPORT and travel to the United Arab Emirates under American protection.

TRAVELLING TO CANADA WITH A US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 (ASYLEES ONLY)

If you possess a US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and you are an ASYLEE. Please bear in mind that a VISA is required to travel to Canada. (At this time, most foreign nationals CANNOT travel to Canada including you even if you have a valid VISA or ETA, Electronic Travel Authorization to protect Canadians from the Coronavirus Outbreak as outlined by their Prime Minister). Canada accepts Passengers with the U.S. Refugee Travel Document FORM I-571 issued to refugees and it must be valid for the period of intended stay. You will need a VISITORS VISA to travel to Canada. You don't need an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). Please note: The visa is an official document stamped in your US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. It costs $100 Canadian dollars. You may need to give biometrics with your application.

REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS THAT OBTAINED SUCH STATUS THROUGH ASYLYM TRAVELLING TO CANADA

If you possess a US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 and you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT that obtained such a status through asylum, You have VISA FREE ACCESS to Canada. Please bear in mind although you have a VISA FREE ACCESS to Canada. If you are flying or transiting through Canadian airport. You will need a eTA, Electronic Travel Authorization. YOU DON'T NEED A VISITORS VISA. An eTA costs $7 Canadian dollars, It will be electrically linked to your US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571. Most applicants get their eTA approval (via an email) within minutes, like I did. However, some request can take several days to process if you're asked to submit supporting documents. To apply for a eTA to travel to Canada, visit ...

THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE, CANADA & CRIMINAL RECORD ⬇

A Canadian Immigration Officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you apply for a visa, or a eTA or in this case when you arrive at the Canadian port of entry. Under Canada's Immigration law, if you have committed or been convicted of a crime, you may not be allowed entry into Canada even if you are a US citizen. In other words, you may be "criminally inadmissible". This includes both minor and serious crimes, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol and possession of a or trafficking in drugs or controlled substances. You can find a list of criminal offenses in the Criminal Code of Canada and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. Also, note, if you were convicted of a crime when you were under the age of 18,r you may still be able to enter Canada.

Depending on the crime, how long ago it was and how you have behaved since, you may still be allowed to visit Canada. If you can convince an immigration officer that you meet the legal terms to be deemed rehabilitated or applied for rehabilitation and were approved or were granted a record suspension or have a temporary resident permit.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
              The information contained above is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. I am a Permanent Resident who obtained such a status through asylum, I am an avid user of the US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571, my responses are usually from own personal experience and the travel information is provided from TIMATIC, it is the Travel Information Manual Automatic it is the same system Passenger Services Agent use at the airport to determine if you are able to travel to a destination.
              Hi, Asylee Expert
              I have a question, for asylum based i485, does it need to be approval on Refugee Travel Document if concurrent filing?
              It means that i485 would not be processed until Refugee Travel Document approval? or they are independent processing?
              Yesterday we noticed an obvious backward on asylum based I485 and Refugee Travel Document(I131) from originally 04/15 back to 03/26.
              For NSC, Refugee Travel Document is very slow, but i485 is quite fast.
              For TSC, just the opposite. RTD is very fast, but I485 is slow like turtle.
              Thank you for your answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahiaman View Post
                Little update here. Finally my son’s green card approved
                asylum approved march 2017
                i485 applied May 2018
                biometrics waived off
                RfE Medical Sep 01
                Response to RFE received Oct 14
                New card is being produced 29 October
                and i m still waiting for mine. Hopefully this week they approve mine as well ????????????
                hey i think thats an approval for greencard. what else it could be. Lets hope for the best .
                Good luck

Comment

I feel that I can't simply move on, feel like a normal person and not "something in between". I can't buy a house where you often need a green card, travel with more confidence. I only have a permit for work and is that only supposed to make me a happy person? I can't even work for the jobs I want to work for, cause you either need a green card or citizenship..
                  We all are in the same boat. But as far as i know there is no condition for being a permanent resident if you want to buy a house.

Comment

• Yes sahil its an approval for my son’s green card. Mine is still pending they mix my name with some other girl same name as mine and she visited india so many times but i have sent out so many proofs that i never left the country. I hope they will give me a fair decision as well fingers crossed ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

We all are in the same boat. But as far as i know there is no condition for being a permanent resident if you want to buy a house.
                      Well, not for the First Time Home Buyer program which has fairly much better APR options and offers.

Comment

Well, not for the First Time Home Buyer program which has fairly much better APR options and offers.
                        If you arae a first time home buyer, dont go with FHA. Rather go with conventional as you can get a home for as low as 5% down. Because with the Mortgage insurance stays there till the life of your loan

Comment

Actually, you can. As an asylee, you are considered as a Lawful Permanent Resident for scholarships and loans. I applied and was approved for a FHA loan 2 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post

Actually, you can. As an asylee, you are considered as a Lawful Permanent Resident for scholarships and loans. I applied and was approved for a FHA loan 2 months ago.
                            With FHA you get stuck as you have to pay Mortgage insurance till the life of your loan. So better do conventional for 5%down rather than FHA 3.5% . Coz with Conventional your Mortgage insurance goes away when your house is paid 20%. So do the math and by putting 1.5% down gives you more value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

With FHA you get stuck as you have to pay Mortgage insurance till the life of your loan. So better do conventional for 5%down rather than FHA 3.5% . Coz with Conventional your Mortgage insurance goes away when your house is paid 20%. So do the math and by putting 1.5% down gives you more value.
                              I work at the bank. There are no restrictions on refinancing out of FHA into a conventional loan with no mortgage insurance. There are never any prepayment penalties on FHA loans, so you can refinance any time you want.

If you received your FHA loan before June 2013, you are eligible for mortgage insurance cancelation after five years. You must have 22% equity in the property, and you must have made all payments on time. For homeowners with FHA loans issued after June 2013, you must refinance into a conventional loan and have a current loan-to-value of at 80% or greater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylver View Post

I work at the bank. There are no restrictions on refinancing out of FHA into a conventional loan with no mortgage insurance. There are never any prepayment penalties on FHA loans, so you can refinance any time you want.

If you received your FHA loan before June 2013, you are eligible for mortgage insurance cancelation after five years. You must have 22% equity in the property, and you must have made all payments on time. For homeowners with FHA loans issued after June 2013, you must refinance into a conventional loan and have a current loan-to-value of at 80% or greater.
                                Its very informative.
                                Thanks for Sharing

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X