Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foxygaga View Post

Update!
    i just got a notification five minutes ago that my document has been mailed to my new address . What could it be? I hope the document is my green card.
    Based on your description previously, it is not your green card.

It's either an RFE, interview notice or other type of notice such as biometric reuse or case transfer.

Comment

• Hi,

Can someone please help me understand what are the next step/timeline for me?

Below is info about my case:

05/08/2020 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485
      07/17/2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
      05/27/2021 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485 - Medical
      06/09/2021 We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
      07/09/2021 Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing. Lee Summit

I am waiting since then, my service center is TSC

My Attorney said usually they ask for medical at the time of interview but they asked me to mail it instead.

Comment

• badbunny congrats .. how was ur interview? .. I have mine on september 17Th, same office...

@sandiegorussian I have a friend who was granted asylum by an IJ and she was interviewed , just questions about her application nothing crazy, got her green card a week later.

Comment

• [QUOTE=GM1985;n768587]badbunny congrats .. how was ur interview? .. I have mine on september 17Th, same office...

THANK YOU!
          it was pretty straight forward. I’d say it was just like a regular marriage interview. We had a good amount of marital solid evidence. Officer asked basic questions; how do we know each other, where did we meet, where did we get married, when did we get married, do we know each other’s parents, what are their names, do we have children, who do we live with, what do we like about each other, officer looked at all of our evidence and took a few pages from it all, looked through pictures, then proceeded to go through my I-485 application and asked me all the questions, and that was it.
          wishing you the best of luck! It’s easier than we perceive it to be.

Comment

• [QUOTE=badbunny;n768592]
            Originally posted by GM1985 View Post
            badbunny congrats .. how was ur interview? .. I have mine on september 17Th, same office...

THANK YOU!
            it was pretty straight forward. I’d say it was just like a regular marriage interview. We had a good amount of marital solid evidence. Officer asked basic questions; how do we know each other, where did we meet, where did we get married, when did we get married, do we know each other’s parents, what are their names, do we have children, who do we live with, what do we like about each other, officer looked at all of our evidence and took a few pages from it all, looked through pictures, then proceeded to go through my I-485 application and asked me all the questions, and that was it.
            wishing you the best of luck! It’s easier than we perceive it to be.
            Ooh nice. Are you the derivative or the principal? Were you guys married before your asylum case approval? Do you know why you got an interview even though you already had one in 2019?

Comment

• I have a question guys. Do we always get an interview before the green card approval if we have a spouse as a derivative? This is when you both applied together for the green card. Thanks in advance for replying.

Comment

• Processing time update

13.5 Months to 39 Months based on grant of asylum more than 1 year ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Nfard View Post
                  Hi,

Can someone please help me understand what are the next step/timeline for me?

Below is info about my case:

05/08/2020 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485
                  07/17/2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
                  05/27/2021 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485 - Medical
                  06/09/2021 We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
                  07/09/2021 Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing. Lee Summit

I am waiting since then, my service center is TSC

My Attorney said usually they ask for medical at the time of interview but they asked me to mail it instead.
                  Usually, if they send an RFE for you to mail the medical it means that you will not be interviewed. Is your case based on marriage or employment?
                  Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                  Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                  Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                  ---
                  All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

Usually, if they send an RFE for you to mail the medical it means that you will not be interviewed. Is your case based on marriage or employment?

Its Asylum based.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Asylee0220;n768594]
                      Originally posted by badbunny View Post

Ooh nice. Are you the derivative or the principal? Were you guys married before your asylum case approval? Do you know why you got an interview even though you already had one in 2019?
                      I’m the derivative.

We were married before the asylum case approval. Wasn’t included in the asylum case because we didn’t know each other at the time it was submitted.

I don’t know exactly, but I do know that prior to the Trump administration I-730 applicants were rarely getting interviews. And also my attorney said I-485 is “technically” marriage based since we’re still supposed to be married so that could be why. The interview was very much like a regular marriage based case according to my attorney.

Comment

• [QUOTE=badbunny;n768623]
                        Originally posted by Asylee0220 View Post

I’m the derivative.

We were married before the asylum case approval. Wasn’t included in the asylum case because we didn’t know each other at the time it was submitted.

I don’t know exactly, but I do know that prior to the Trump administration I-730 applicants were rarely getting interviews. And also my attorney said I-485 is “technically” marriage based since we’re still supposed to be married so that could be why. The interview was very much like a regular marriage based case according to my attorney.
                        People -

There is no point to try to fit these stories into some type of "narratives". You don't need to read too much into who got interviewed and why.

Generally speaking, just follow the instructions they send you and as long as you have a valid case, you should be fine.

Comment

• Hello guys,

Does anybody know of anyone who applied for asylum recently? Do you know how long the process takes nowadays? Does it take years now or months (like it was under Trump's administration)?

Is the asylum applicant still able to apply for a work permit after 150 days?

Comment

• [QUOTE=flando;n768648]
                            Originally posted by badbunny View Post

People -

There is no point to try to fit these stories into some type of "narratives". You don't need to read too much into who got interviewed and why.

Generally speaking, just follow the instructions they send you and as long as you have a valid case, you should be fine.
                            flando -

Everyone deals with these situations differently. If you’re dealing with an immigration process with such peace, enough not to “read too much into” this too much, then great congratulations!
                            But if MY story helps someone in any sort of way, I’m happy to share. And so is everyone on this forum, at the end of the day that’s it’s purpose.
                            I’m sure most of us follow the instructions and have valid cases, but personally speaking the wait time was excruciating.

Comment

• Hello, I applied for I485 on October 2019. It’s still shows that fingerprints were taken since January 2020. I just don’t know what to do. I see people are getting there GC who applied later. Should I try to contact a congressman?
                              My service center is Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylumgranted View Post
                                Hello, I applied for I485 on October 2019. It’s still shows that fingerprints were taken since January 2020. I just don’t know what to do. I see people are getting there GC who applied later. Should I try to contact a congressman?
                                My service center is Texas.
                                TSC is very slow, i applied Aug 2019, still waiting.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X