Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post
    Hi guys. I sent my I-485 with petition for RTD in May 2019 to Texas crevice center. In July my petition for RTD was transferrd to Nebraska and I received it in October. BUT GC still at the stage where “Fingerprints were taken” message appears. Ugh
    Idk
    Is your I-485 petition got transferred to Nebraska Service center ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSTER0910 View Post
      Well. USCIS just updated the processing times showing that i485 could take 6.5 to 29 months and they went backwards to Sep 20 2017....... I don't know what to think. I guess TSC will take even longer
      Wow, see the starting range doesn't matter but the ending range they keep on increasing it which is 29 months now earlier it was 26 month.

I don't know what's happening at Texas Service Center whether its because of work load or political game but one thing I can say

God please help us all !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

I am exactly in the same situation and I was wondering why they had to transfer our cases... Does anybody know what might be the reason?

Thanks in advance!!!
        I guess you fall under the Texas Service Center Jurisdiction but you sent your petition to Nebraska Service Center.

Just Curious, from which state you are ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanessa24 View Post
          @Nick213 and @luckycharm4111
          To answer you and others who have asked,
          1. I'm the principal. So I think it's pretty rare to be called for an interview.
          2. The officer never told me what was the reason, and I didn't dare to ask
          3. Well the officer didn't ask any question specific to the underlying asylum, but it did come up in some other question the officer asked. To me, the overall experience was not as lighthearted as for those who were having marriage-based GC interviews. I saw officers smiling at and greeting those people, while my officer had a solemn look which did make me a bit nervous. The officer first asked me to take an oath (which I think is for everyone). Then we went over my addresses and my employment history, and a slew of yes or no questions. However there was this particular question that the officer asked me to explain in details which is my past association with the communist party. I’m from a communist country and joined the party’s youth league while in school. Fortunately, I formally renounced my association many years ago after becoming aware of the atrocious nature of the party. The officer asked about when I joined, why I joined, how I renounced the association and how I learned about the renouncement movement etc. And this is also where it touched upon the underlying asylum. The officer typed down every word I said and had me sign it. I’m not sure if this was the whole reason for the interview or if I was just randomly picked as I said I didn’t ask... But I’m glad I was able to clean that off, so that there will be no future risks of having my GC revoked due to concealment or something. In the end, the officer gave me a piece of paper saying my case will be under review and it may take 120 days for a decision. Luckily it was approved after a week.

Thank you everyone! Hope this can provide some insight for those in need.
          Thank you very much Vanessa24 and I'm glad you are done with I-485 process.

Comment

1. I'm the principal. So I think it's pretty rare to be called for an interview.
            3. Well the officer didn't ask any question specific to the underlying asylum, but it did come up in some other question the officer asked. To me, the overall experience was not as lighthearted as for those who were having marriage-based GC interviews. I saw officers smiling at and greeting those people, while my officer had a solemn look which did make me a bit nervous. The officer first asked me to take an oath (which I think is for everyone). Then we went over my addresses and my employment history, and a slew of yes or no questions. However there was this particular question that the officer asked me to explain in details which is my past association with the communist party. I’m from a communist country and joined the party’s youth league while in school. Fortunately, I formally renounced my association many years ago after becoming aware of the atrocious nature of the party. The officer asked about when I joined, why I joined, how I renounced the association and how I learned about the renouncement movement etc. And this is also where it touched upon the underlying asylum. The officer typed down every word I said and had me sign it. I’m not sure if this was the whole reason for the interview or if I was just randomly picked as I said I didn’t ask... But I’m glad I was able to clean that off, so that there will be no future risks of having my GC revoked due to concealment or something. In the end, the officer gave me a piece of paper saying my case will be under review and it may take 120 days for a decision. Luckily it was approved after a week.

Vanessa, congratulations on your GC, and I am glad it is over for you Did you submit your medical along with I-485?

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

I guess you fall under the Texas Service Center Jurisdiction but you sent your petition to Nebraska Service Center.

Just Curious, from which state you are ?
              Texas

Comment

• My case is on TSC if I moved to Nebraska jurisdictions
                Does my case move with me or still in TSC?

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSTER0910 View Post
                  Well. USCIS just updated the processing times showing that i485 could take 6.5 to 29 months and they went backwards to Sep 20 2017....... I don't know what to think. I guess TSC will take even longer
                  They can not do that it keep backing up so you can not inquire it because when it is almost you time it goes back of date

Comment

Vanessa, congratulations on your GC, and I am glad it is over for you Did you submit your medical along with I-485?
                    Yes I did. Because I didn't want to have any delay caused by a RFE, but nonetheless I couldn't avoid the one month delay caused by the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

They can not do that it keeps backing up so you can not inquire it because when it is almost you time it goes back of date
                      Feeling hopeless

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I was wondering If anyone of you has traveled outside of US with an asylum based pending I-485. Mine has been pending since March 2019 at TSC.

I do have an active advance parole that expires in March 2020 and I have just applied for a new travel document.

I badly need to travel outside of US, but I'm very anxious about it. I've heard this is pretty risky and high chances to not be allowed to come back. Please share experiences.

Thanks and let us hear great news soon!

Comment

thanks for sharing, I hope it will be helpful for other folks also

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post
                            My case is on TSC if I moved to Nebraska jurisdictions
                            Does my case move with me or still in TSC?
                            I guess once you move and update your address on USCIS, they will move your file or you can talk to customer service about it.

In general, it is their internal stuff and some times we don't get the answer from them. It all about talking to the right person.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Is your I-485 petition got transferred to Nebraska Service center ?

No. My I-485 still at TSC. They just transferred RTD and left my I-485 without any changes.

Comment

mmbt can you please share the link. Thanks!!!
                                These reports provide data on various aspects of USCIS operations. In addition, certain tables list the USCIS office responsible for the adjudication.You can find additional data by vis

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X