Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Dear All Good day
    I am applying for green card , i have arrested in my home country and i have no such evidence .
    1.What can i submit for this.

Please advise
    Jafriee
    You need to talk to a Attorney..

Comment

• Did anyone here applied for I-131 for both Advance Parole and RTD using the I-485 receipt ?

Comment

• New Card Is Being Produced

On February 24, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. Case History

07/26/2018

Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another USCIS office.

04/26/2018

We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our Nebraska Service Center location is working on your case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

Yes a lot of jobs you need a gc
          i want to join military if I dont have one I can not join the
          and also I took many police officer exams. many departments require at least a green card. A few of departments I can join with asylee status. Most of good police departments they need a green card or citizenships.
          Hatori1980 you are right! Me too! I have tried to join the marines since 2018 that my asylum petition got approved, but the require at least a GC. it's so fustrating because we don't know how long. I practice Judo here, and I have won a lot of medals and trophees in some competitions here in Texas. In my team there are a lot of military guys and veterans, also in those type of competitions there are a lot of army and marine recruiters. Apparently I can be easily accepted, and the training would be quite easy for me as an athlete. But guess what? that only thing I need is a GC. My project to join the military is been on hold for 2 years; now I am 26 yo and don't want to reach the limit of age for the recruitment by the time I get my GC.
          Another reason for me to join the military service is, I'll get the citizenship in few months instead of 5 years

Comment

• Hi guys, I had a question about RTD’s.

What if I wanted to travel using my RTD but the country does not issue visas to RTD? Can I use my passport for the visa stamp? I called the consulate of Qatar yesterday and they told me since I have a green card and Jordanian citizenship I can apply for an E-VISA even though I am a US Asylee.

Any advice on how safe this is? Traveling is such a hassle.

Comment

• Hello

Today the new public charge law went into effect. Does that apply for asylee based i485 applications as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by jabadama View Post
                Hello

Today the new public charge law went into effect. Does that apply for asylee based i485 applications as well?
                No asylees are not subject to the public charge policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                  Did anyone here applied for I-131 for both Advance Parole and RTD using the I-485 receipt ?
                  As an asylee, you don't need advance parole. You only need the RTD even if your I485 is pending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waitingforgcsolong View Post
                    New Card Is Being Produced

On February 24, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. Case History

07/26/2018

Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another USCIS office.

04/26/2018

We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our Nebraska Service Center location is working on your case.
                    Congrats! After waiting for so long. Did you receive USCIS notice to redo your biometrics recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

Congrats! After waiting for so long. Did you receive USCIS notice to redo your biometrics recently?
                      Thank you! No, I didn't redo my biometrics recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                        Did anyone here applied for I-131 for both Advance Parole and RTD using the I-485 receipt ?
                        Asylees are not required to have an Advance Parole, there is no reason to apply for it. If you have applied for an Advance Parole withdraw the application. You are only required to apply for and have a U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571.

Comment

• Originally posted by jabadama View Post
                          Hello

The following people with these status or visa is not affected by the new rule:

- Permanent residents (green card holders)

- People who are applying for or already have any of the following visa/status: U.S. citizenship, T visa: labour or sex trafficking victims, U visa: crime victims, asylum/asylee, refugees, Special Immigration Juvenile (SIJ) and Violence Agsint WOmen Act (VAWA) Self-Petition.

Comment

• Originally posted by thescientist_7453 View Post
                            Hi guys, I had a question about RTD’s.

What if I wanted to travel using my RTD but the country does not issue visas to RTD? Can I use my passport for the visa stamp? I called the consulate of Qatar yesterday and they told me since I have a green card and Jordanian citizenship I can apply for an E-VISA even though I am a US Asylee.

Any advice on how safe this is? Traveling is such a hassle.
                            In the end, It will be a personal decision you will have to make. Qatar doesn't recognize the U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 for visa purposes. However, in my opinion, I would not use the Jordanian passport, After a grant of asylum, you should never use the passport of your country of origin, using it for any reason is seeking the protections under such a document. Use another destination or simply wait until you become a U.S. citizen. One of the reasons you should not use your passport of your country of origin, should you need to be returned, or was denied entry, you will be returned to the country of the document that you presented to the Immigration Officer. For whatever reason, once you use a U.S. Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 you will always be returned to the United States as that is issuer of the document.

Travelling is not much of a hassle unless it depends on where you are from and where you are travelling to.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmy51116 View Post

I got this reply from 80% of schools that are offering the required program. Is there anything I can do, I can't deny my status as I need to apply through a common portal which asks for immigration information. Can I request expediting based on it?

Good morning and thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we require applicants to hold US citizenship or be US permanent residents. Those holding "H" visa's are also eligible to apply. If your asylum status changes and you hold US permanent residency prior to the end of the application cycle, then you would be eligible to apply for this cycle.

Sincerely,
                              Duly noted! There are other options, how long has your application Form I-485 been pending? If it has been over a year, you should reach out to your Senator in your state, fill out their immigration assistance application and indicated your intention to attend medical school and see what they can do for you, Secondly, you can request an expedition and submit evidence of the same if you have it. Again, give it a go and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

As an asylee, you don't need advance parole. You only need the RTD even if your I485 is pending.
                                My attorney made me apply for Advance Parole. Now I applied for RTD with the same receipt (I-485). Interesting to see what's gonna happen?

Whether they will accept my RTD or deny it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X