Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post
    If your case transferred to local office most likely you have to interview by the local office my friend he did that last year
    he is from China.
    Do you know what the interview was about? I have personally never heard of anyone having an interview for asylum based green card. I am glad you knew someone who went through the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylver View Post

I think they want to interview us again, but can't due to COVID. The strange thing is that my case status does not indicate that my case was transferred to the local office, yet it is there, according to the Immigration Officer II. It might be some internal procedure. I can only guess what is going on.
      have you received a letter by any chance? I have heard that sometimes it takes them a while to update your status online and you may receive a letter first.
      do you know what’s the reason for an interview? It’s kinda scary and I don’t think it’s normal...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drshabs View Post
        Do you know what the interview was about? I have personally never heard of anyone having an interview for asylum based green card. I am glad you knew someone who went through the same thing.
        Recently many asylum based GC applicant were interviewed in field office, the interview is not related to asylum at all, it is just to establish eligibility for GC.
        the selection is randomly, not all get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drshabs View Post
          have you received a letter by any chance? I have heard that sometimes it takes them a while to update your status online and you may receive a letter first.
          do you know what’s the reason for an interview? It’s kinda scary and I don’t think it’s normal...
          I didn't receive any letters from USCIS and my status is still the same. People here say that the interviews were related to their i-485 applications, not the underlying asylum claim, but they may ask about anything. They also pick applicants randomly to maintain quality control. That's what others here say.

Comment

• Thank You!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congrats, soon you will be applying for GC.

The most important question would be to which service center you will be filling your application ?

If you are filing for Texas Service Center then don't waste a single day and file it ASAP once you are eligible to file for GC. Every day counts towards some months in the processing times delay

TIP: Do you know you can send your I-693 (medical) later once you get you receipt. It doesn't have to be in the initial application packet.
              Hi!! Thank you!!

I live in California, and I was told that my center is the Nebraska one, but im not sure.

Thank you so much for the info!!

Comment

• Originally posted by xtovar View Post

Hi!! Thank you!!

I live in California, and I was told that my center is the Nebraska one, but im not sure.

Thank you so much for the info!!
                Yes, Californians send to Nebraska.

Comment

• Greetings everyone. I need help on some few things. I was granted asylum on Sept 2019, on Sept 2020 I applied for GC which is still pending.

So I decided to contact my lawyer and apply for a travel document. I clearly stated to my lawyer that I do not have a valid passport and I expect to file for RTD instead, the lawyer was adamant and went ahead and filed for AP instead. The country I wanted to visit requires me to obtain a visa which I cannot use AP in lieu of a passport

How do I travel without a passport even if I have AP?
                  is it possible to request the lawyer cancel the AP?
                  will that affect my application for GC?

The lawyer said she filed for AP in case of emergency but even if I have the AP and there is an emergency and I need a visa that does not solve any problem because I do not have any passport.

Besides even when my GC will be granted I still need to apply to RTD to be able to travel.

Please help me share your thoughts. Thanks.

Comment

• Have you guys seen that USCIS updated their processing times from 14 to 45 months to 18 to 43.5?

This processing times system couldn’t be more inefficient

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                      Have you guys seen that USCIS updated their processing times from 14 to 45 months to 18 to 43.5?

This processing times system couldn’t be more inefficient
                      This made me sad : (

Comment

• Originally posted by Pellyn View Post
                        Greetings everyone. I need help on some few things. I was granted asylum on Sept 2019, on Sept 2020 I applied for GC which is still pending.

So I decided to contact my lawyer and apply for a travel document. I clearly stated to my lawyer that I do not have a valid passport and I expect to file for RTD instead, the lawyer was adamant and went ahead and filed for AP instead. The country I wanted to visit requires me to obtain a visa which I cannot use AP in lieu of a passport

How do I travel without a passport even if I have AP?
                        is it possible to request the lawyer cancel the AP?
                        will that affect my application for GC?

The lawyer said she filed for AP in case of emergency but even if I have the AP and there is an emergency and I need a visa that does not solve any problem because I do not have any passport.

Besides even when my GC will be granted I still need to apply to RTD to be able to travel.

Please help me share your thoughts. Thanks.

You can still and should apply for RTD, it takes 5 - 7 months right now to get it ! and it's valid only for 1 year

when your GC is pending, it's free to apply for RTD - no filing fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

This made me sad : (

Do you know why you shouldn’t be sad? Because with the new President everything will change for better!

Biden’s intention is to simplify the immigration processes and he wants to do that as soon as he goes through his inauguration on January 20, 2021.

From that moment, everything will start getting better. Obviously not immediately, but will be on the way to it.

I know that and you should know it. America is the country of immigrants, and the trouble each of us have been going through with the processing times will not last forever.

Stay strong. It’s not much left until we get to the other side!

Comment

• Today I received the notice for my biometrics

I applied on the first week of august and got my receipt notice on September 15. I’m in California. My appointment it’s on December

Comment

• Hey guys!

This is my timeline again. my case is processed in TSC

February 2018 applied for Asylum.
                              March 2018 Asylum approved.
                              May 2019 applied for i485
                              February 2020 Biometrics
                              Nov 18 received RFE.

Still working on my RFE. Should send a response this week.

Good luck y'all!

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSTER0910 View Post
                                Hey guys!

This is my timeline again. my case is processed in TSC

February 2018 applied for Asylum.
                                March 2018 Asylum approved.
                                May 2019 applied for i485
                                February 2020 Biometrics
                                Nov 18 received RFE.

Still working on my RFE. Should send a response this week.

Good luck y'all!
                                Best of luck to you.
                                My father has filed in April, 2019 at TSC.
                                I hope his case will also be considered soon.

Can you tell what kind of RFE is it? Medical exam?
                                Have you submitted your medical exam while filing?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X