Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

WOW GOOD!! I applied in May 2019. You renewed my hope lol. Don’t forget to keep us posted
    I will keep the forum posted for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by loveusa99 View Post
      MrAnonymous hi congrats, your case is moving
      may i know, you get granted asylum from ij or uscis officer?
      Thank you
      uscis

Comment

• I saw one case green card approved today in Tsc xxxx468051

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post
          I saw one case green card approved today in Tsc xxxx468051
          Just checked it out. I could not see the application date though + how do we know if that's an asylum based case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
            MrAnonymous Hi congrats, your case is moving
            may i know, you get granted asylum from IJ or USCIS officer?
            thank you

Does it make a difference if asylum was granted by USCIS vs. Immigration Judge?

Comment

• badbunny some lawyer told with me. If granted from IJ take more longer than granted from uscis officer.

Comment

• Hey can anyone help here. Uscis has mixed my name up with someone else when i my asylum was guaranteed i had to face the same problem the girl same name as mine and even her A number was also same as mine. And now again uscis asked me for RFE to prove that i was present in united states all these years, which i was for sure. I never went outside United states i have all my tax returns for each year. But they mix me up with another Amandeep she must have gone out of america multiple times. What are my chances. I swear i never even went outside country. And how can i prove this. What evidence i can give you o uscis. Anyone can reply ????????

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Jasmine22 This is the one I was talking about which took 4 years to process GC at Texas Service Center
                  I don't think this is relevant nor helpful other than to scare people.

Of course there are 2% of the applications that might have went to a blackhole, but majority of the applications are processed rather fast, even in TSC.

Most applications are reviewed by officer after receiving security clearance, i.e. adjudication ready applications. After which time the officer might issue RFE if anything is missing.

The application that took 4 years might due to an issue during security clearance, which will significantly delay the case. It involves multiple government agencies and quite often is out of the hands of USCIS. The case will not be reviewed until the clearance is issued.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congrats!!! I am glad to hear that your case is moving.

Mostly it would be either one year presence evidence or the Birth Certificate.

If they are asking for Medical Exam (I-693) then you should have applied before September 2018.

Either way, You are one step away from your GC.
                    What does that one year presence evidence mean?
                    I heard that could be bank statement, 1040 tax report or utility bills.
                    I sent I94 website travel history printout with I485 package. I do not know it is qualified for requirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

I sent I94 website travel history printout with I485 package. I do not know it is qualified for requirement.
                      I sent copy of my home rental agreement, bank statements, W2, tax return, and utility bills.

Basically anything shows you lived here and receiving mails in the US. Like insurance or doctor bills, phone bills, paystubs, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

I don't think this is relevant nor helpful other than to scare people.

Of course there are 2% of the applications that might have went to a blackhole, but majority of the applications are processed rather fast, even in TSC.

Most applications are reviewed by officer after receiving security clearance, i.e. adjudication ready applications. After which time the officer might issue RFE if anything is missing.

The application that took 4 years might due to an issue during security clearance, which will significantly delay the case. It involves multiple government agencies and quite often is out of the hands of USCIS. The case will not be reviewed until the clearance is issued.
                        There is nothing to be scared, this are the facts and trying to be realistic.

One last thing I would like to say is If TSC has done their job like NSC we wouldn't have talked about this.

Comment

• Hi guys,

New to the forum but have dug through the majority of the posts here to see other's experience. Pretty close to filing I485 & currently located in a state where my application gets sent to Dallas Lockbox. I consulted with two different lawyers (100% immigration focused), they both mentioned that there is no way to know which service center (between TSC and NSC) the AOS application get sent to after it gets to a lockbox (regardless of Dallas or Phoenix).

This information is contradictory from what I have seen here. Anyways, I was just wondering for any members here that mentioned your case get sent to service centers based on your physical location, I was wondering what's the source of such statement? P.s. I am genuinely interested because I am like everyone here, hoping the case gets processed as fast as possible. Perhaps other's lawyers know something my potential lawyer might not know, idk...

Thank you all for your input!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

I sent I94 too. As I know it counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Just checked it out. I could not see the application date though + how do we know if that's an asylum based case?
                              I can’t find this if this was asylum based

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny1122 View Post

I can’t find this if this was asylum based
                                The only way to find it is add that case to your USCIS account and will see all the details like form number, timelines etc

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X