Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post
    I live in California, will my application be under Texas Service Center or Nebraska Service Center? I will file mine next month
    I'm also curious to find out. My lawyer told me the application goes to Phoneix or Dallas lockbox based on your address, from there no one can control which service center it goes to (can be either NSC or TSC). (For you, that'd be Phoneix lockbox.). But I've seen others here saying they have changed their physical address to file under NSC. idk if there's something my lawyer is missing..

lmk what you find out.

Comment

I live in California, will my application be under Texas Service Center or Nebraska Service Center? I will file mine next month
      Your Jurisdiction come under Nebraska Service Center.

I am happy for you and I am sure you won't have to wait like us.

I have seen most of the people getting their GCs within 1 year at NSC

Comment

• I am curious about the order of I131 and I485.
        Does that mean I131 approval would be the condition of approval of I485?
        So I131 must go first?
        Thank you for who could answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Your Jurisdiction come under Nebraska Service Center.

I am happy for you and I am sure you won't have to wait like us.

I have seen most of the people getting their GCs within 1 year at NSC
          How do you know it would be NSC? Is there any way to find out?
          Also my lawyer said asylum based i-485 normally is processed from 3-9 months. 1 year is pretty late. That's why i found it strange when I read this thread where people are still waiting over 2 years. Did you guys commit any misdemeanor or something during your 1 year of asylum? DUI or even speeding ticket?

Comment

How do you know it would be NSC? Is there any way to find out?
            Also my lawyer said asylum based i-485 normally is processed from 3-9 months. 1 year is pretty late. That's why i found it strange when I read this thread where people are still waiting over 2 years. Did you guys commit any misdemeanor or something during your 1 year of asylum? DUI or even speeding ticket?
            I know that there are only Two service center who process I-485 based on Asylum status are TSC and NSC. TSC is for the EAST Coast and NSC is for Mid-west and West coast.

I have seen people here from California applied I-485 to the NSC. Correct me if I am wrong.

No No No especially with this administration, it is better to stay out of trouble mainly with DUI. Speeding tickets has not impact on our case

Comment

• Originally posted by xtovar View Post
              Hello, guys!!

In the next month ill be applying for the I-485 form, based on asylum.

From all the information that I've gathered, the best center to apply is Nebraska.

Is there any way I can choose to apply in this center. Or is it a random decision?

I'm currently living in Los Angeles, California

Thank you!
              I live in LA too and it will be automatically Nebraska for us!! Good luck!!

FYI you cannot decide which center, it's assigned based on where you live.

Comment

It will be Nebraska based on where you live. But you have to file to Lockbox, after case number is assigned it will be Nebraska case number. I live in CA too and is the same for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

It will be Nebraska based on where you live. But you have to file to Lockbox, after case number is assigned it will be Nebraska case number. I live in CA too and is the same for me.
                  Thanks for your information. When did you apply? My co-worker applied asylum aos in December 2018 and she got her GC in hand in March 2019. So it was just 3 months.
                  Reading those over 2 years pending applications scared me so much.

Comment

Thanks for your information. When did you apply? My co-worker applied asylum aos in December 2018 and she got her GC in hand in March 2019. So it was just 3 months.
                    Reading those over 2 years pending applications scared me so much.
                    She was very lucky indeed !!!!

I applied 5 months ago. still waiting and no news after finger print was done.
                    They applied my previous fingerprint to case because of Covid19.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtovar View Post
                      Hello, guys!!

In the next month ill be applying for the I-485 form, based on asylum.

From all the information that I've gathered, the best center to apply is Nebraska.

Is there any way I can choose to apply in this center. Or is it a random decision?

I'm currently living in Los Angeles, California

Thank you!
                      You could search I485 direct filing address on Google and find USCIS page.
                      It is an instruction.
                      CA applicants filling to Arizona lockbox. then would be processed by NSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Is the interview for I-485 based asylum or I-589 Asylum process?

If it is I-485, Can you please share the timelines?
                        I believe its a I-485. All I know is that they have EADs with no AP valid for 2yrs at a time. They just keep renewing it.
                        Last edited by Alefandino; 09-22-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• I have received my request for evidence mail from uscis, they have requested for birth certificate. I'm so happy that it really isn't anything too complicated. I'll continue to keep you all posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
                            I have received my request for evidence mail from uscis, they have requested for birth certificate. I'm so happy that it really isn't anything too complicated. I'll continue to keep you all posted.
                            Yes, Thats good. Try to send them the evidence ASAP so that you can get the decision soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
                              I have received my request for evidence mail from uscis, they have requested for birth certificate. I'm so happy that it really isn't anything too complicated. I'll continue to keep you all posted.
                              Good luck . Finally some progress

Comment

• I want to share some update for Texas service center.A member of my family replied to RFE ON August 2020.And his status changed today new card is being produced. I am still waiting for mine since 2018. No update on mine since the biometrics done in 2018.we both applied together

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X