No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone in this group with pending i485 based on approved asylum one year ago seen any movement in their cases ?
    my case has been pending for 2 years now without any update .
    National Benefit Center
    PD:11/25/2020

Comment

• I am waiting since Oct 2020
      PD: 10/12/2020

Comment

• My case has been pending since April 2019 at the Texas service center.

It has been 44months & the only update was fingerprints updated on Oct 16 2022.

I have contacted my congressman & The CIS Ombudsman's Office who have contacted USCIS & got a response that my case is processing normally.

My husband who was a derivative in my case applied in September 2020 & got his green card in April 2022.

Comment

• Hello everyone anybody have idea how long I have to wait for status update after i485 interview based on granted asylem . Thanks
          Last edited by Jdnyc; 12-11-2022, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdnyc View Post
            Hello everyone anybody have idea how long I have to wait for status update after i485 interview based on granted asylem . Thanks
            It could be the same day, or it could be months or years.

Nobody knows how it would go for you without knowing your specifics and how the interview went.

Please wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdnyc View Post
              Hello everyone anybody have idea how long I have to wait for status update after i485 interview based on granted asylem . Thanks
              It has been more than a year since my interview, still waiting, how did your interview go and when did you apply for i485?
              my useless attorney in Virginia who only filed my i485 (not my asylum, my asylum lawyer passed away just days before my interview) told me that it is a bad news usually they don't do interviews unless they have something seriously wrong and will deny my application and put me on deportation proceedings, however I went there without any attorney since I am not in Virginia where I applied for i485 in 1999, I have no criminal record and my case is genuine so I don't care for what he said but he told me not to go for interview without a good attorney from my town where I am living now but with USCIS short notice time I could barely do the medical and COVID shot etc and then there was no lawyer ready on short notice.
              I gave you a detailed answer if this helps, if you want to share more info I will appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birjees2003 View Post

It has been more than a year since my interview, still waiting, how did your interview go and when did you apply for i485?
                my useless attorney in Virginia who only filed my i485 (not my asylum, my asylum lawyer passed away just days before my interview) told me that it is a bad news usually they don't do interviews unless they have something seriously wrong and will deny my application and put me on deportation proceedings, however I went there without any attorney since I am not in Virginia where I applied for i485 in 1999, I have no criminal record and my case is genuine so I don't care for what he said but he told me not to go for interview without a good attorney from my town where I am living now but with USCIS short notice time I could barely do the medical and COVID shot etc and then there was no lawyer ready on short notice.
                I gave you a detailed answer if this helps, if you want to share more info I will appreciate it.
                First of all, generally speaking USCIS previously don't ask you for an interview unless as your attorney said, there is something they want to resolve. Though this changed during the later half of Trump admin, if your case is not resolved for a year after interview, something is wrong. It could be a mismatch identity or something triggered security alert that needs to be resolved by headquarter. Hart to tell.

Secondly, i disagree that they will deny your application and put you on deportation proceedings. That's not allowed by law. They cannot initiate your deportation without first terminating your asylum, unless you already adjusted to LPR status.

Lastly, if like you claimed you did nothing wrong, then there is nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Thanks flando, I agree with you, my attorney told me they will revoke my asylum then deny my application and then put me on deportation proceedings (just to be detailed), I am in the 9th circuit district and asylum was approved by INS in 1998 application was filed in 1993 when USCIS was non-existent. Honestly I am so fed up and miserably suffered this immigration baloney that I am not worried any more but I wish good thing will happen for all of us

Comment

• Originally posted by Birjees2003 View Post
                    Thanks flando, I agree with you, my attorney told me they will revoke my asylum then deny my application and then put me on deportation proceedings (just to be detailed), I am in the 9th circuit district and asylum was approved by INS in 1998 application was filed in 1993 when USCIS was non-existent. Honestly I am so fed up and miserably suffered this immigration baloney that I am not worried any more but I wish good thing will happen for all of us
                    I'm interested in your case and I would like to know your timeline. You said you were granted asylum in 1998 but when did you apply for the green card? Have you ever applied for a travel document? During the interview, did they ask you about your asylum case? Was you asylum granted by USCIS or an immigration judge? I ask because if it was granted by an immigration judge, USCIS can't revoke your asylum because they have no jurisdiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Himalaya View Post
                      I am waiting since Oct 2020
                      PD: 10/12/2020
                      Go get your medicals ready. They're going to send you RFE very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by delayedGC View Post
                        has anyone in this group with pending i485 based on approved asylum one year ago seen any movement in their cases ?
                        my case has been pending for 2 years now without any update .
                        National Benefit Center
                        PD:11/25/2020
                        I applied for green card 11/17/2020. I got medical RFE from NBC in May and I responded to it. I haven't heard from them since. My advice to you, go get your medicals now. Tell the doctor that you want 2 sealed envelopes. Send one now and keep the other, in case they send you RFE asking for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2022asylee View Post

I'm interested in your case and I would like to know your timeline. You said you were granted asylum in 1998 but when did you apply for the green card? Have you ever applied for a travel document? During the interview, did they ask you about your asylum case? Was you asylum granted by USCIS or an immigration judge? I ask because if it was granted by an immigration judge, USCIS can't revoke your asylum because they have no jurisdiction.
                          Applied for GC in 1999, yes I have applied for travel documents, yes she spent at least 4 hours of my interview time asking from my asylum interview in 1998 that I couldn't remember much after 29 years and little over an hour on other issues, unfortunately my asylum was granted by INS, USCIS was non existent in 1998. Some questions from my past asylum interview in 1998 were very casual so I didn't remember and some in my asylum application were not much difficult since they were brief.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2022asylee View Post

I applied for green card 11/17/2020. I got medical RFE from NBC in May and I responded to it. I haven't heard from them since. My advice to you, go get your medicals now. Tell the doctor that you want 2 sealed envelopes. Send one now and keep the other, in case they send you RFE asking for it.
                            i submitted my medicals with my application .

Comment

• Hi everyone, happy new year! When you get your green card, you must wait another four years to apply for citizenship. What if you were married like my situation? My asylum status was granted in 2019, and I married in 2021. Does it mean my marriage time is counted towards naturalization/citizenship? Instead of 4-year wait, only need to wait more or less 2 years?

Comment

• Hi Flando, need your view on my question above. Thank you so much
                                Last edited by Sam79; 01-02-2023, 09:22 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X