• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josh26
    replied
    Originally posted by Birjees2003 View Post

Congratulations
    Please if you don't mind helping me out with my question you mentioned

"April 3rd Green card in hand (exactly 10 years of validity)
    Jan12 2023 Interview & oath ceremony through military"

If am guessing by April 3rd you mean April 3rd 2022, then on January 12, 2023 interview & oath ceremony through military, was your case approved from retroactive date? If so what was your grounds on having case backdated? My case is pending for decades, your answer can be a guidance for me.
    ​​​​​Thanks

Hello! I am not sure to understand your question entirely. So yes I got my green card in hand on April 3rd 2022 that's 10 months ago, and yes my green card was back dated ( from 03/26/2021 to 03/26/2032). looking at the green card it seemed like 11 years of validity because it was backdate. If you see my timeline, from the day I sent my green card application until the date of the approval, it was precisely 2 years and 10 months of wait. I never did anything to make them expedite my case, I tried to call them a few times but I was never lucky to talk to a real person, only the robot. and also I didn't have issue having jobs even with my work authorization that was expired. I waited patiently because I could see in this forum a lot of people were waiting even longer than me.

so after receiving my green card last year, I immediately joined the military, especially the Army to be Army national guard of Texas. Then later on I applied for naturalization, I didn't have to wait 4 years. I basically used my green card for only 9.5 months.

I hope I was able to respond properly

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    Originally posted by josh26 View Post

Hello everyone! I would to share my joy with you today because my USCIS journey officially ended today. I am now a US Citizen. Let me share my experience and timeline hoping it's going to be helpful to some of you.

Jan13 2017 Arrived for the first time in the US as international student
    Jan 2018 Sent Asylum application
    March 2018 Asylum Granted then got my work authorization card valid for 2 years.
    April 2019 sent I-485 form TSC
    Febr 2021 Fingerprints
    Jan20 2022 Application transferred to another service for faster ...
    Jan25 2022 Transferred to NBC
    Feb26 2022 Request for additional evidence
    March 19 sent Medical Exams
    March 26 New card is being produced.
    April 3rd Green card in hand (exactly 10 years of validity)

Jan12 2023 Interview & oath ceremony through military

And it's crazy, I have officially been to this amazing country for 6 years today. And between this timeline, I travelled out of the country by air twice with my green card and my passport from my home country and got back in with no problem. In June 2022 (4 days in Mexico), then my home country ( 12 days in November 2022 for the funerals of my cousin I grew up with like a brother).

Thank you everyone, this forum has been so helpful and motivating especially when I was stressed waiting for my green card. I wish to all of you to have good news regarding your cases ASAP. Be blessed

Congratulations
    Please if you don't mind helping me out with my question you mentioned

"April 3rd Green card in hand (exactly 10 years of validity)
    Jan12 2023 Interview & oath ceremony through military"

If am guessing by April 3rd you mean April 3rd 2022, then on January 12, 2023 interview & oath ceremony through military, was your case approved from retroactive date? If so what was your grounds on having case backdated? My case is pending for decades, your answer can be a guidance for me.
    ​​​​​Thanks

Leave a comment:

• josh26
    replied
    Originally posted by josh26 View Post
    Hello everyone. I finally received my green card, I am so happy ! it is really going to open me a lot of doors. It took me exactly 3 years to get my green card from the day I applied.

March 2018 Asylum Granted
    February 2021 fingerprints
    Jan 20th 2022, application transferred to another service for faster ...
    Jan 25th transferred to NBC
    Feb 26th 2022 Request for additional evidence
    March 19th sent Medical Exams
    March 26th New card is being produced.
    March 28th Application approved
    March 29th New card ready
    March 30th Card was picked up by USPS
    April 3rd Green card in hand ( from 3/26/21 to 3/26/32) exactly 11 years of validity

I have been following this forum for almost 3 years and it's been so helpful, thank you to Flando and many others who have been available every day to respond our questions and concerns. I hope good news for those still waiting. Have a good one
    Hello everyone! I would to share my joy with you today because my USCIS journey officially ended today. I am now a US Citizen. Let me share my experience and timeline hoping it's going to be helpful to some of you.

Jan13 2017 Arrived for the first time in the US as international student
    March 2018 Asylum Granted then got my work authorization card valid for 2 years.
    Febr 2021 Fingerprints
    Jan20 2022 Application transferred to another service for faster ...
    Jan25 2022 Transferred to NBC
    Feb26 2022 Request for additional evidence
    March 19 sent Medical Exams
    March 26 New card is being produced.
    April 3rd Green card in hand (exactly 10 years of validity)

Jan12 2023 Interview & oath ceremony through military

And it's crazy, I have officially been to this amazing country for 6 years today. And between this timeline, I travelled out of the country by air twice with my green card and my passport from my home country and got back in with no problem. In June 2022 (4 days in Mexico), then my home country ( 12 days in November 2022 for the funerals of my cousin I grew up with like a brother).

Thank you everyone, this forum has been so helpful and motivating especially when I was stressed waiting for my green card. I wish to all of you to have good news regarding your cases ASAP. Be blessed

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by maratathi View Post
    Finally got a new update yesterday for my asylum based I-485 which has been pending since April 2019.

But I am wondering what this means & how long I will wait for them to schedule an interview.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	771
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	793062
    Nobody knows exactly when.

Just wait and you will hear back generally within 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• maratathi
    replied
    Finally got a new update yesterday for my asylum based I-485 which has been pending since April 2019.

But I am wondering what this means & how long I will wait for them to schedule an interview.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	771
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	793062

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam79 View Post

Another question, my naturalization will be after 3 years regardless if it is Asylum based, correct? Is my marriage in 2021 will be counted in the 3 years ? Or 3 years only take effect after I received my greencard? Thank you so much for your help!
    Find your green card, look for the "resident since" date, if you married to USC, +3 year is generally your naturalization date. You can file 90 days before that date.

Leave a comment:

• Sam79
    replied
    Originally posted by flando View Post

If you married USC, provided the USC spouse satisfies the requirements, for example,

then -

you are eligible to naturalize after 3 years since your residence date which was backdated 1 year for asylum based LPRs (and you can file up to 90 days before the 3 year anniversary).

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-g-chapter-3
    Another question, my naturalization will be after 3 years regardless if it is Asylum based, correct? Is my marriage in 2021 will be counted in the 3 years ? Or 3 years only take effect after I received my greencard? Thank you so much for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    What if an i485 application is pending for more than 23 years just because USCIS connected i485 applicant with a group he/she has nothing to do with, and during i485 interview USCIS completely fails to produce any document based upon which the applicant got screwed up, can such case be backdated 5 years?

Leave a comment:

• Sam79
    replied
    Originally posted by flando View Post

If you married USC, provided the USC spouse satisfies the requirements, for example,

then -

you are eligible to naturalize after 3 years since your residence date which was backdated 1 year for asylum based LPRs (and you can file up to 90 days before the 3 year anniversary).

Does it mean even my green card is asylum based i can apply after 3 years? Because based on asylum it is 4 years with 1 year back dated.

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam79 View Post
    Hi everyone, happy new year! When you get your green card, you must wait another four years to apply for citizenship. What if you were married like my situation? My asylum status was granted in 2019, and I married in 2021. Does it mean my marriage time is counted towards naturalization/citizenship? Instead of 4-year wait, only need to wait more or less 2 years?

The spouse must have continuously resided in the United States after becoming a lawful permanent resident (LPR) for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the naturalization application and must have lived in marital union with his or her citizen spouse for at least those 3 years.
    then -

Leave a comment:

• Sam79
    replied
    Hi Flando, need your view on my question above. Thank you so much
    Last edited by Sam79; 01-02-2023, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam79
    replied
    Hi everyone, happy new year! When you get your green card, you must wait another four years to apply for citizenship. What if you were married like my situation? My asylum status was granted in 2019, and I married in 2021. Does it mean my marriage time is counted towards naturalization/citizenship? Instead of 4-year wait, only need to wait more or less 2 years?

Leave a comment:

• delayedGC
    replied
    Originally posted by 2022asylee View Post

I applied for green card 11/17/2020. I got medical RFE from NBC in May and I responded to it. I haven't heard from them since. My advice to you, go get your medicals now. Tell the doctor that you want 2 sealed envelopes. Send one now and keep the other, in case they send you RFE asking for it.
    i submitted my medicals with my application .

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    Originally posted by 2022asylee View Post

I'm interested in your case and I would like to know your timeline. You said you were granted asylum in 1998 but when did you apply for the green card? Have you ever applied for a travel document? During the interview, did they ask you about your asylum case? Was you asylum granted by USCIS or an immigration judge? I ask because if it was granted by an immigration judge, USCIS can't revoke your asylum because they have no jurisdiction.
    Applied for GC in 1999, yes I have applied for travel documents, yes she spent at least 4 hours of my interview time asking from my asylum interview in 1998 that I couldn't remember much after 29 years and little over an hour on other issues, unfortunately my asylum was granted by INS, USCIS was non existent in 1998. Some questions from my past asylum interview in 1998 were very casual so I didn't remember and some in my asylum application were not much difficult since they were brief.

Leave a comment:

• 2022asylee
    replied
    Originally posted by delayedGC View Post
    has anyone in this group with pending i485 based on approved asylum one year ago seen any movement in their cases ?
    my case has been pending for 2 years now without any update .
    National Benefit Center
    PD:11/25/2020
    I applied for green card 11/17/2020. I got medical RFE from NBC in May and I responded to it. I haven't heard from them since. My advice to you, go get your medicals now. Tell the doctor that you want 2 sealed envelopes. Send one now and keep the other, in case they send you RFE asking for it.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X