Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luckycharm4111
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ab14;n736871]Does this new law affect asylee who are already granted asylum and are waiting for their green card?

After long time, someone made me laugh here after the disappointment from USCIS about their processing time and furlough....

Thank you Ab14

Leave a comment:

• Asyleeasylee
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ab14;n736871]Does this new law affect asylee who are already granted asylum and are waiting for their green card?

What is the relationship between the link and asylee? How someone can be asylee and has a student visa!!!!???

Leave a comment:

• Ab14
    replied
    Does this new law affect asylee who are already granted asylum and are waiting for their green card?

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/se...DldA8UdL9uKijU

Leave a comment:

• Hatori1980
    replied
    Originally posted by ravinmish View Post

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think i-730 would be an option since we got married after my asylum was granted.
    When you get a green card join military after 6 months apply for citizenship then apply a green card for her.
    that is the fastest way.
    otherwise you have to wait 4 years to file a citizen application I believe you wife can not leave the country at least 5-6 years with normal process.
    Last edited by Hatori1980; 07-06-2020, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• luckycharm4111
    replied

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think i-730 would be an option since we got married after my asylum was granted.
    Hmm then there are only two option I guess for you

1. Once you get your Green Card, You can file for her but she has to leave the country.

2. Wait until you get your citizenship then you can file Green card for her where she doesn't have to leave the country. In this scenario, she will get the permanent GC (Not conditional GC) as she will be married to you for more than 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• ravinmish
    replied
    Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

The best option in your scenario would be filing I-730 for her before your Green Card is approved as she has unlawful presence which can be waived and doesn't have to leave the country.

If you file for her after your I-485 is approved then she has to leave the country in order to get her Green Card.

Leave a comment:

• luckycharm4111
    replied
    Hi Everyone,
    After I got my Asylum granted (not Greencard yet)t, I got married to my spouse who came here as an F1 (International Student) but did not continue her studies and she has accrued unlawful presence for more than 2 years.
    According to the "Processing Times" data from USCIS, my Green Card should arrive soon. What would be the best way for me to apply for her i-485/Adjustment of Status? Is it even possible since she is out of status but did enter the US legally?
    I heard a lot about the waivers as well but do not understand on what merit it is given. I would really appreciate if someone has any idea about this situation. Thank you so much

The best option in your scenario would be filing I-730 for her before your Green Card is approved as she has unlawful presence which can be waived and doesn't have to leave the country.

If you file for her after your I-485 is approved then she has to leave the country in order to get her Green Card.

Leave a comment:

• ravinmish
    replied
    Hi Everyone,
    After I got my Asylum granted (not Greencard yet)t, I got married to my spouse who came here as an F1 (International Student) but did not continue her studies and she has accrued unlawful presence for more than 2 years.
    According to the "Processing Times" data from USCIS, my Green Card should arrive soon. What would be the best way for me to apply for her i-485/Adjustment of Status? Is it even possible since she is out of status but did enter the US legally?
    I heard a lot about the waivers as well but do not understand on what merit it is given. I would really appreciate if someone has any idea about this situation. Thank you so much

Leave a comment:

• Jasmine22
    replied
    Originally posted by Shuvo View Post
    hello. Does anybody know, if i change the address with USCIS, it could delay the process ? I just got RFE for Medical.
    Hey! I guess it should not delay unless you change the state on which another office has jurisdiction over.

Leave a comment:

• Shuvo
    replied
    hello. Does anybody know, if i change the address with USCIS, it could delay the process ? I just got RFE for Medical.
    Last edited by Shuvo; 07-03-2020, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zidane
    replied
    Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post
    Any one with Asylee status faced issued renewing their driver license in NJ? It seems the MVC in NJ does not recognise asylee status or familiar with it.
    they need only valid EAD (where the case we do not need one as asylee)
    I read many cases that people reported this to Department of Justice and were successful
    The very first time I went to a DL office, they gave it to me just for 2 yrs (what EAD longs). I made a complaint right away, showing my I-94 and SS card, and then they changed it to 8yrs.
    Yesterday, I had to update my DL because I moved and changed my address. I did it online withou issues, and it should be arriving in 7-10 days. The expiration date will be the same though.
    That's in FL.

Leave a comment:

• Asyleeasylee
    replied
    Any one with Asylee status faced issued renewing their driver license in NJ? It seems the MVC in NJ does not recognise asylee status or familiar with it.
    they need only valid EAD (where the case we do not need one as asylee)
    I read many cases that people reported this to Department of Justice and were successful

Leave a comment:

• Shuvo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hesoyam View Post

Nice. I have the same timeline with you. Based on 1 year asylum, last update feb26 for fingerprints. Haven’t received anything yet. Hope i get that rfe soon
    hope you get that soon. good Luck

Leave a comment:

• lolo858585
    replied
    Originally posted by Hesoyam View Post

Nice. I have the same timeline with you. Based on 1 year asylum, last update feb26 for fingerprints. Haven’t received anything yet. Hope i get that rfe soon

same here, july 26th, 2019

Leave a comment:

• Hesoyam
    replied
    Originally posted by Shuvo View Post

I just got the letter and RFE is for medical.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X