Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know if your lawyers are giving you updates but basically if you are still waiting for residency start getting your alternatives together because we have just been screwed.

"“Immigrants in the green card backlog would lose their place in line and would need to apply under the new point-based system,” according to an analysis from Berry Appleman & Leiden. “The White House has said people who are currently waiting for green cards will receive additional points, but no specifics have been released.” This was confirmed by Donald Trump’s May 16, 2019, speech, in which he stated that all current family and employment-based preference categories would be eliminated and replaced by new “Build America” visas awarded by points."

"For individuals and families, particularly those among the approximately 4 million people waiting in green card backlogs, the administration’s proposal raises other concerns. More than 3.6 million people are waiting in family-based immigration preference backlogs as of November 1, 2018, according to the U.S. Department of State. Approximately 2.2 million are in the category for siblings of U.S. citizens, about 950,000 are the adult children of U.S. citizens and about 470,000 are spouses and minor or adult unmarried children of lawful permanent residents. The applications of these individuals and families would be eliminated. Mexico, the Philippines, India, Vietnam and China are the leading countries of origin for people in the family backlogs."

Just like I had to tell people on this board that infopasses were obsolete now I share this bad news with you too. We've been screwed and our lawyers arent saying anything about it!!

Last edited by samlynn; 05-24-2019, 09:33 PM.
    (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
    12-15-16 SS card
    02-16-17 Bio Walk in
    03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
    04-24-17 EAD approved
    02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
    02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
    02-23-18 Bio Walk in
    04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
    07-05-18 EAD approved
    12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
    12-06-18 Contacted Senator
    12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

• ATL filers -i485 -AOS - wondering what updates ATL filers have . PD was Oct 2018. It has been 224 days for me and no update on my case -i485.
      I called USCIS and after a one hour wait was told - you are under normal processing time. ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohini1974 View Post
        ATL filers -i485 -AOS - wondering what updates ATL filers have . PD was Oct 2018. It has been 224 days for me and no update on my case -i485.
        I called USCIS and after a one hour wait was told - you are under normal processing time. ????
        January 2017 no interview to date. Welcome to the club.
        12-15-16 SS card
        02-16-17 Bio Walk in
        04-24-17 EAD approved
        02-23-18 Bio Walk in
        07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Mascarade- looking at your timeline even an escalation to a Senator didn’t help your case? This whole process is so challenging.. but what can be done ? Just have to wait n wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohini1974 View Post
            Mascarade- looking at your timeline even an escalation to a Senator didn’t help your case? This whole process is so challenging.. but what can be done ? Just have to wait n wait
            Senator David Perdue has been assisting since November last year and so far no joy on anything moving forward. The Ombudsman office has been involved now aswell since January. They responded saying they are backed up with request for help at this time and might take 60-120 before they can get to ask about my case then USCIS has 15 days to respond before I can get an answer(keep in mind it's already been 90 days and now they respond I must wait 60-120 days before they can look into it). I might have to file a mandamus action eventually but who I'd to say the federal courts aren't backed up too. If that new immigration plan passes the wait for anyone that's been waiting wouldve been in vain cause we would all be screwed. Under the points system your English and education would count more. Silicone Valley would be the only beneficiary from that system(read between the lines who the biggest immigrants will be). Btw election 2020 is coming up too. Maybe it's all a tactic like the wall but if it passes we are screwed. PM sent
            12-15-16 SS card
            02-16-17 Bio Walk in
            04-24-17 EAD approved
            02-23-18 Bio Walk in
            07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Mascarade- Thankyou for the link . This whole experience is so discouraging... We are following the laws and doing the right thing but seems the goal post keeps moving. People's lives are spent living in uncertainty. Good luck to us all ... just be patient

Comment

• I had my interview at the Atlanta field office April 11th 2019 and the interview was a smooth one, the officer gave a paper stating “your application has been recommended for approval. A final decision will be mailed once your case is complete”... April 18th went to my mailbox and I saw my I-130 approval notice... it’s been over a month now and no response and my status on the USCIS page still says “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”... I called the call center on the 11th of May 2019 and the lady said I have to wait for 60 days to get anything if I was approved... I don’t know if I should be worried or just wait... please who had same situation thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Nancydu View Post
                  I had my interview at the Atlanta field office April 11th 2019 and the interview was a smooth one, the officer gave a paper stating “your application has been recommended for approval. A final decision will be mailed once your case is complete”... April 18th went to my mailbox and I saw my I-130 approval notice... it’s been over a month now and no response and my status on the USCIS page still says “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”... I called the call center on the 11th of May 2019 and the lady said I have to wait for 60 days to get anything if I was approved... I don’t know if I should be worried or just wait... please who had same situation thank you
                  I had my interview on 2/26, i-130 approved the next day. But officer gave me a RFE for my birth certificate, I sent it in March. Been waiting for over 2 months now, still haven't got the approval....
                  PD - 3/2/2018
                  Biometrics - sometime in April
                  RFIE - 7/3
                  Response to RFE received - 7/16
                  Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
                  EAD is being produced - 9/4
                  Combo card in hand - 9/11
                  Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
                  Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Green Card Received! Timeline is in my signature. Interview lasted 20-30 minutes. Officer asked if there was any other evidence we wanted to submit. I gave her additional joint bank statements since we filed, contracts and payments to vendors for our formal wedding later this year, copies of greeting cards between the 2 of us, mail sent to our home to show we have the same address, flight boarding passes and hotel confirmations from trips we took together, and probably about 20-30 pictures (all family photos, some with his family, some with my family, some with both of our families together, family trips etc.)

Officer asked yes and no questions, how did we meet, have we met each others families, how was it meeting each others families, what are things we like to do together etc. Our officer was down to earth so it was easy to talk to her. Our lawyer did attend the interview with us.

Officer said she would recommend us for approval but that she couldn't approve the I-485 on the spot (apparently there was a new protocol as of that day where an additional background check needed to be ran but she needed her supervisor to let her into that system. We were her first interview of the day. Our lawyer also let us know something seems to be changing everyday with the interviews) This had me a little worried as the sheet she gave us said that our case would be under review. I was worried that our case would get stuck in limbo, but it did not turn out that way!

Good luck to everyone in their journey
                    Last edited by LoveDreams; 05-30-2019, 02:20 PM.
                    8/17/18: Mailed via UPS to Chicago
                    8/21/18: PD
                    8/24/18: Fingerprint Fee Received
                    9/7/18: Biometrics Letter/Appt for 9/20
                    9/12/18: I-693 Courtesy Letter
                    9/20/18: Biometrics Appt
                    9/21/18: Fingerprint received
                    10/24/18: Case ready to be sch for interview
                    1/24/19: EAD ordered (I-765) and I-131 approved
                    1/30/19: Combo Card
                    1/31/19: SS Card
                    4/10/19: Interview scheduled
                    4/13/19: Interview notice received in mail
                    5/15/19: Interview
                    5/22/19: I130 & I485 approved
                    5/28/19: GC Mailed
                    5/30/19: GC Received

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveDreams View Post
                      Green Card Received! Timeline is in my signature. Interview lasted 20-30 minutes. Officer asked if there was any other evidence we wanted to submit. I gave her additional joint bank statements since we filed, contracts and payments to vendors for our formal wedding later this year, copies of greeting cards between the 2 of us, mail sent to our home to show we have the same address, flight boarding passes and hotel confirmations from trips we took together, and probably about 20-30 pictures (all family photos, some with his family, some with my family, some with both of our families together, family trips etc.)

Officer asked yes and no questions, how did we meet, have we met each others families, how was it meeting each others families, what are things we like to do together etc. Our officer was down to earth so it was easy to talk to her. Our lawyer did attend the interview with us.

Officer said she would recommend us for approval but that she couldn't approve the I-485 on the spot (apparently there was a new protocol as of that day where an additional background check needed to be ran but she needed her supervisor to let her into that system. We were her first interview of the day. Our lawyer also let us know something seems to be changing everyday with the interviews) This had me a little worried as the sheet she gave us said that our case would be under review. I was worried that our case would get stuck in limbo, but it did not turn out that way!

Congrats! It's good to hear some good news these days. I wonder when they'll get to my RFE response .........
                      PD - 3/2/2018
                      RFIE - 7/3
                      Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveDreams View Post
                        Green Card Received! Timeline is in my signature. Interview lasted 20-30 minutes. Officer asked if there was any other evidence we wanted to submit. I gave her additional joint bank statements since we filed, contracts and payments to vendors for our formal wedding later this year, copies of greeting cards between the 2 of us, mail sent to our home to show we have the same address, flight boarding passes and hotel confirmations from trips we took together, and probably about 20-30 pictures (all family photos, some with his family, some with my family, some with both of our families together, family trips etc.)

Glad to hear some good news. Limbo is not a fun place to be going on 3 years in limbo for me and I haven't even interviewed yet
                        12-15-16 SS card
                        02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                        04-24-17 EAD approved
                        02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                        07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post

Congrats! It's good to hear some good news these days. I wonder when they'll get to my RFE response .........
                          Thank you!! I hope that they get to your RFE soon
                          4/13/19: Interview notice received in mail
                          5/15/19: Interview
                          5/22/19: I130 & I485 approved
                          5/28/19: GC Mailed
                          5/30/19: GC Received

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post

Glad to hear some good news. Limbo is not a fun place to be going on 3 years in limbo for me and I haven't even interviewed yet
                            Dude I think they seriously lost your application or something... maybe it was lost on the way to the field office, anyways that's god awful.. Well I called a week ago and put in a service request, all I wanted was for them to give me confirmation that they received my birth certificate notarial, but I got a standard message today saying my case is still pending and that i should received a decision in 120 days. Standard lying response from USCIS. Maybe they'll tell me eventually that they never received my RFE response and deny me, it is indeed possible. It sucks for us truly. [HUG]
                            PD - 3/2/2018
                            RFIE - 7/3
                            Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

Also, you can sue USCIS under Mandamus Act for delaying your case, you have been waiting for 3 years so you totally have a reason to sue them
                              PD - 3/2/2018
                              RFIE - 7/3
                              Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing such a hard time smh
                                Have you considered consulting with a new lawyer? Or maybe reapplying all together?