Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 2020 I1485 filers may join

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46

    10/22/2020- I-485 packet sent to USCIS Dallas lockbox via USPS priority
    10/26/2020-package delivered
    11/20/2020- no notice received, no check cashed
    What should I do?
    Is this usual to wait so long for notice?

    Comment


    • #47
      10/26/2020-package delivered, Texas, EB1C
      Waiting for Receipts confirmation- anyone around similar dates received Receipts?

      Comment


      • #48
        My documents were delivered on 10/21 and checks were cashed on 11/13. Following similar timeline your checks should be cashed sometime next week assuming the later you filed in October more time they would take to process.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Moving in View Post
          Hi Friends...any one else received their I797C...still waiting for mine...what is a reasonable wait time?
          When did you apply?
          Was your check cashed?

          My documents delivered on 10/26 but not news of notice or no check cashed!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by PS2015 View Post
            10/26/2020-package delivered, Texas, EB1C
            Waiting for Receipts confirmation- anyone around similar dates received Receipts?

            Same situation! Not even check cashed!

            Was your check cashed?

            Comment


            • #51
              From my personal experience, if you waited more than a month without receiving anything, it probably got escalated for a second review and likely to get rejected. It took me 50-some days for me to get the rejection letter. I also saw others get rejected who waited similar number of days. When I was waiting, I tried calling, wrote to Lockbox but they did not have an answer for me. All I could do was wait.

              if you do get rejected, send via FedEx or UPS. They get processed about two weeks faster.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by sunk318 View Post
                From my personal experience, if you waited more than a month without receiving anything, it probably got escalated for a second review and likely to get rejected. It took me 50-some days for me to get the rejection letter. I also saw others get rejected who waited similar number of days. When I was waiting, I tried calling, wrote to Lockbox but they did not have an answer for me. All I could do was wait.

                if you do get rejected, send via FedEx or UPS. They get processed about two weeks faster.
                Thanks for sharing the honest experience and advice. It's not helping anyone's anxiety though . Just kidding of course ...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Nimbus2000
                  sunk318

                  I would say that instead of assuming that there might be an error in the application, the delay is attributable to the fact that October movement of filing dates was unprecedented so cannot be compared to filings of any other months. My receipt checks were cashed after 4 weeks of documents delivery at Texas. Processing of 4-6 weeks should be considered as normal because of the volumes USCIS is handling.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by eb1cguy View Post

                    Same for me as well. I believe they are not sending the receipt notice for I944 since its a part of I485 application and no explicit processing is required for that.
                    Public charge rule is suspended. No need of i944 anymore.
                    check this for more info
                    Public Charge Rule Cancelled Nationwide by Federal Judge. Summary of Judgment, Impact, Next Steps

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Given that the priority dates are current, does that mean the dates on which I485 application forms were received becomes the basis of the processing of the application - meaning it no longer matters whether the PD is in 2018 or 2019 or 2020, the date on USCIS received your I485 application application is when your application is processed.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by BinduM View Post

                        Public charge rule is suspended. No need of i944 anymore.
                        check this for more info
                        Public Charge Rule Cancelled Nationwide by Federal Judge. Summary of Judgment, Impact, Next Steps - YouTube
                        the suspension got stayed the next day. Check the link for more Info
                        https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...ule-litigation

                        Married to USC: FO: Mount Laurel, NJ
                        Concurrent Filing ( i130, 130A, i485, i864, i944, i131, i765)
                        04/06/2020: PD: USPS delivered at Chicago Lockbox
                        05/08/2020: Received 4 texts (NOAs)
                        05/11/2020: NOAs in mail
                        06/01/2020: RFIE for the Birth Certificate
                        07/09/2020: 'Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received'
                        08/10/2020: Biometrics day
                        08/10/2020: Case updated to show biometrics
                        09/10/2020: I-765 New card is being produced
                        09/17/2020: Combo Card in Hand

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by iamchami View Post
                          Given that the priority dates are current, does that mean the dates on which I485 application forms were received becomes the basis of the processing of the application - meaning it no longer matters whether the PD is in 2018 or 2019 or 2020, the date on USCIS received your I485 application application is when your application is processed.
                          Interesting question. Not sure if someone knows the real answer to this but would be good to find out.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by iamchami View Post
                            Given that the priority dates are current, does that mean the dates on which I485 application forms were received becomes the basis of the processing of the application - meaning it no longer matters whether the PD is in 2018 or 2019 or 2020, the date on USCIS received your I485 application application is when your application is processed.
                            I assume you are talking about I140 priority date. Processing I485 is based on first come first basis. Asper the December visa bulletin, the FA date is now 1 April 2019 and filing date is 1 Nov 2020.
                            Last edited by appuchan; 11-22-2020, 11:18 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by appuchan View Post

                              I assume you are talking about I140 priority date. Processing I485 is based on first come first basis. Asper the December visa bulletin, the FA date is now 1 April 2019 and filing date is 1 Nov 2020.
                              That sounds logical. Do you mind if I ask you if you know this from a confirmed source. I know there are both cases on the group. Some people whose I-140 PD is from 2018 and some like me whose PD is in 2020 and all filed I-485 in Oct 2020.

                              I have read in a forum before that I-485 process can reach the interview stage even though PD is not current if you filed based on filing dates. It gives hope to people like me that a lot of time would be saved vs if we had to wait till PD was current and wait another year for GC.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Technically, the processing period is spread across the filing date and final action date. So if you have reached your priority date, your processing may start anytime after the filing date. I don't expect that uscis will wait for all 1485 to be filed in chronological order of priority date for their processing.

                                Here is a link that may help

                                https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...B_Overview.pdf

                                Aldo check the processing times here.

                                https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
                                Last edited by appuchan; 11-22-2020, 01:54 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X