October 2020 I1485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by appuchan View Post

I assume you are talking about I140 priority date. Processing I485 is based on first come first basis. Asper the December visa bulletin, the FA date is now 1 April 2019 and filing date is 1 Nov 2020.
    Yes - I was referring to the I-140 PD. Would you have more details on what is the significance of the Final Action Date during the Oct/Nov and Dec visa bulletins? In the Dec Visa bulletin, the site states - For all employment-based preference categories, you must use the Dates for Filing chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for December 2020.

The Final Action Date for EB1C is showing 01APR19 and the Date for Filing is 01NOV20.

Comment

Heard from another source that the issuance of the final GC itself is still dependent on the Final Action Date and the I140 Priority Date being earlier than the Final Action Date . Not sure whether this is factually correct.

Comment

Originally posted by iamchami View Post

Yes - I was referring to the I-140 PD. Would you have more details on what is the significance of the Final Action Date during the Oct/Nov and Dec visa bulletins? In the Dec Visa bulletin, the site states - For all employment-based preference categories, you must use the Dates for Filing chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for December 2020.

The Final Action Date for EB1C is showing 01APR19 and the Date for Filing is 01NOV20.
        Please read my last post and the visa bulletin to understand the difference between final action date and filing date.

Comment

Heard from another source that the issuance of the final GC itself is still dependent on the Final Action Date and the I140 Priority Date being earlier than the Final Action Date . Not sure whether this is factually correct.
          Yes. Final GC can only be issued once your PD is prior to final action date. However as mentioned above USCIS releases filing dates expecting that final action dates will catch up within the same financial year (Oct - Sep) so if you filed based on filing dates the final action dates will also move fast because of additional green cards available this year. In the last 3 months final action dates moved 13 months and it's a good sign that in Dec visa bulletin filing date also moved by a couple of months which means USCIS knows they have enough green cards to clear the EB1C backlog.
          The relevance of filing dates goes away when USCIS does not allow 'filing' based on those dates. They publish filing dates chart every month but they allow filing based on it usually from October to December so it's always a good idea to get your application in and save the processing time. Also you get EAD which is another advantage.

Comment

Here is a quick chart on the progress of EB1 for India in 2020. I got this from a friend. The significant changes are primarily be due to Covid situation which prevented consular processing for a long time and Trumps immigration regulations which temporarily stopped new visa and GC applications from outside US.
            Attached Files

Comment

TSC is showing processing times of 18 - 44 months for I-485. Looks like the Covid impact and the increased applications has doubled the processing timelines.

Comment

TSC is showing processing times of 18 - 44 months for I-485. Looks like the Covid impact and the increased applications has doubled the processing timelines.
                That is not for employment based green cards. It is 11.5 Months to 26.5 Months for those. You'll see a table showing this if you scroll down on the USCIS page.

Also on the Oct 2020 visa bulletin USCIS had mentioned that applications submitted in October 2020 are expected to be adjudicated within one year. Later they took out that statement.

In any case I think the applications submitted in Oct and even Nov 2020 will be completed by Sep 2021 if there are no questions raised or errors found in the forms. If you search on other websites green card processing time can be as low as 8 months but go up to multiple years on a case to case basis.

Comment

Originally posted by caslipknotsingh View Post

That is not for employment based green cards. It is 11.5 Months to 26.5 Months for those. You'll see a table showing this if you scroll down on the USCIS page.

Also on the Oct 2020 visa bulletin USCIS had mentioned that applications submitted in October 2020 are expected to be adjudicated within one year. Later they took out that statement.

In any case I think the applications submitted in Oct and even Nov 2020 will be completed by Sep 2021 if there are no questions raised or errors found in the forms. If you search on other websites green card processing time can be as low as 8 months but go up to multiple years on a case to case basis.
                  Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by PS2015 View Post
                    10/26/2020-package delivered, Texas, EB1C
                    Waiting for Receipts confirmation- anyone around similar dates received Receipts?
                    Did you get your receipts?

I am still waiting! More than 4 weeks. I sent I-485 along with I-693 (medical examination). 4 weeks gone yet no response! It is getting stressful to wait!

Comment

Sept 8: I130 filled online and accepted

Sept 16: I485 and I765 filed (Chicago Lockbox)

Sept 18: I864 filed (Chicago Lockbox)

Oct 19: Rejection of I485, I765 in Mail (Came with I797C that states it was rejected Oct 9, didn't attach I797 for I130 filled online, but the number was on the 485, I was really mad!)

Oct 21: I485, I765, I944, I864 refiled.

Oct 22: Arrived USCIS Chicago Lockbox

Nov 17: Money Order cashed.

Comment

Originally posted by sunk318 View Post
                        From my personal experience, if you waited more than a month without receiving anything, it probably got escalated for a second review and likely to get rejected. It took me 50-some days for me to get the rejection letter. I also saw others get rejected who waited a similar number of days. When I was waiting, I tried calling, wrote to Lockbox but they did not have an answer for me. All I could do was wait.

if you do get rejected, send via FedEx or UPS. They get processed about two weeks faster.
                        Are you talking about I-485? I sent the full package that includes I-485, I-944, I-131, I-765, I-693 (medical examination) for myself and my spouse. Do you mean to say that the whole package can be rejected?

Comment

Received the I797 by post today
                          • EB1C - Multinational Manager (L1A) - INDIA
                          • Priority date: 24MAY2018
                          • I140 approved
                          • Filed I485 + I944 + I765 + I131
                          • USCIS Received date : Oct 19, 2020
                          • USCIS Notice Date : Nov 18, 2020 (Not sure what this date refers to)
                          • I 797 Received : Nov 23, 2020
                          Last edited by iamchami; 11-23-2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Received the I797 by post today
                            • EB1C - Multinational Manager (L1A) - INDIA
                            • Priority date: 24MAY2018
                            • I140 approved
                            • Filed I485 + I944 + I765 + I131
                            • USCIS Received date : Oct 19, 2020
                            • USCIS Notice Date : Nov 18, 2020 (Not sure what this date refers to)
                            • I 797 Received : Nov 23, 2020
                            Great!

For me the date on the notice matches the online status. The date was Nov 10th on the notice and my online status says "On November 10, 2020, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485"
                            Last edited by caslipknotsingh; 11-23-2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Marriage-based AOS

10/16/20 - Mailed I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 packet USPS express
                              10/17/20 - Application arrived at USCIS
                              11/17/20 - Checks cashed
                              11/23/20 - Received 4 receipt numbers by text and email. Receipt is dated 10/19/20.

Comment

EB3 AOS

1/17/2020 - LCA Submitted
                                5/20/2020 - LCA Approved
                                7/24/2020 - I-140 / I-907 Sent
                                7/27/2020 - I-140 / I-907 Delivered / Receipt Notice Issued
                                8/12/2020 - I-140 / I-907 Approved
                                10/27/2020 - I-485 / I-944 / I-131 / I-765 Package Sent
                                10/28/2020 - I-485 / I-944 / I-131 / I-765 Package Received @ Dallas Lockbox
                                Last edited by TheWaitingIsDaHardestPart; 12-04-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X