October 2020 I1485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caslipknotsingh View Post

I think its the first biometrics notice that we have on this group on Oct 2020 filers. Almost 2 months from application sent date is not bad. Let's see if its delayed more for people like me who filed later in October.
    He was the first one to file his documents as well (documents delivered on 02OCT2020).

Comment

Update - I797C notices received today (11/17)
      No texts received
      No receipt notice received for I944 form. Anyone else experience the same ?

EB1 India
      PD Apr 2020
      Approved I140

AOS package sent 10/19/20
      AOS package delivered 10/21/20
      Checks cashed 11/13/20
      I797's received 11/17/20

Comment

Update - I797C notices received today (11/17)
        No texts received
        No receipt notice received for I944 form. Anyone else experience the same ?

EB1 India
        PD Apr 2020
        Approved I140

AOS package sent 10/19/20
        AOS package delivered 10/21/20
        Checks cashed 11/13/20
        I797's received 11/17/20
        Same for me as well. I believe they are not sending the receipt notice for I944 since its a part of I485 application and no explicit processing is required for that.

Comment

Originally posted by eb1cguy View Post

Same for me as well. I believe they are not sending the receipt notice for I944 since its a part of I485 application and no explicit processing is required for that.
          Makes sense as its not really a form that represents a specific request and serves as a supporting document.

Another question, does the USCIS status online changes when the biometrics appointment letter has been issued or the only option is to check the mail everyday.

Thanks

Comment

You dont need to check mail every day. I had my biometrics done on 10/22 (EB1 category) and my application was recieved by USCIS (on 08/31).
            Considering the holiday season I doubt if you will have biometrics before the end of the year. Anything earlier than that, you are lucky,

Comment

That's true I believe it also depends on the state where you are in. eb1cguy got biometrics appointment letter just 11 days after he got receipt notices so we need to be prepared for any scenario. USCIS is totally unpredictable.

Comment

Makes sense as its not really a form that represents a specific request and serves as a supporting document.

Another question, does the USCIS status online changes when the biometrics appointment letter has been issued or the only option is to check the mail everyday.

Thanks
                No. My online status still says "Case Was Received".

Comment

Originally posted by eb1cguy View Post

No. My online status still says "Case Was Received".
                  Thank-you!

Are you sure you are checking the I-485 receipt number.

When I check I765 and I131 I get 'case was received' but for I485 I am getting this - "Fingerprint Fee Was Received"

Comment

Hi Friends...any one else received their I797C...still waiting for mine...what is a reasonable wait time?

Comment

caslipknotsingh and eb1cguy- did you both file in EB1 (india) category? Looks like three of us filed in SEP OR OCT 2020. we can keep sharing information to get a sense of the timelines

Comment

What is a reasonable waiting time for 797C

Comment

Originally posted by star186 View Post
                          caslipknotsingh and eb1cguy- did you both file in EB1 (india) category? Looks like three of us filed in SEP OR OCT 2020. we can keep sharing information to get a sense of the timelines
                          Yes, It is EB1 (india) category.

Comment

Originally posted by Moving in View Post
                            What is a reasonable waiting time for 797C
                            I dont think there is one.. Considering the no of applications that USCIS received in Oct, what I am hearing from attorney's is that the receipt notice will be delayed..

Comment

I guess I should join this thread instead of the September one. My application sent in September was rejected and got approved on the one that I resent on October.

9/14/2020 - Package (K1 to Green Card) received to USCIS Chicago via USPS

10/21/2020 - Received rejection letter (797C)

10/21/2020 - Package resent to USCIS Chicago via FedEx

10/23/2020 - Package received

11/9/2020 - Check cashed ($1225)

11/12/2020 - 3 text messages received

11/18/2020 - 3 letters received (accepted on 11/17/2020)
                              Last edited by sunk318; 11-21-2020, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by star186 View Post
                                Yes. EB1C India. PD Apr 2020

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X