Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 1 month, I received the following response from the lockbox:

Good day,
    The Lockbox has recently experienced a significant increase in filings. This, in addition to the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices. USCIS continues to work hard to minimize delays. Once your submission has been completely processed, you will receive a notice in the mail. If you do not receive a notice in 30 business days, please contact Lockbox Support for additional details.

Comment

• Hi all,
      • EB3 (downgrade) - INDIA
      • Priority date - April 2014
      • I140 approved
      • Submitted I485+I944+I765+I131 on 27OCT2020

I'm still awaiting the receipt number. Has any one else with a similar timeline received their receipt confirmation? Guttuburi/Sashiv?
      My lawyer says that USCIS confirmed receipt from the courier service, but nothing else.

Appreciate any responses...a little worried.

Comment

• Would I be correct in saying that there were a few people who filed in the first week of October because their priority dates were in 2018 so they knew they would be filing in October so they had the filings ready to be sent and then there were people who started putting documents together after the October 2020 visa bulletin came out and then started filing around 20 October 2020.
        I say this because I haven't seen anyone with documents submission / delivery dates between Oct 3rd to Oct 20th and it seems no one who submitted later has received Biometrics appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by jondoeh View Post
          Hi all,
          • EB3 (downgrade) - INDIA
          • Priority date - April 2014
          • I140 approved
          • Submitted I485+I944+I765+I131 on 27OCT2020

I'm still awaiting the receipt number. Has any one else with a similar timeline received their receipt confirmation? Guttuburi/Sashiv?
          My lawyer says that USCIS confirmed receipt from the courier service, but nothing else.

Appreciate any responses...a little worried.
          Same situation. No checks cashed & no receipts received yet! My application was delivered on 10/26/2020. I have seen that some people who sent around a similar time in late October have received receipt notices. I am worried too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guttuburi View Post

Hi! Did you get the receipt notice?
            Yes I did, I do have my receipt number and next step is that I should receive letter with biometric appointment scheduled at some local office, so am still waiting on that, but it seems like no one from OCT 2020 filing received so that seems concerning to me..
            Last edited by coolsun20; 12-07-2020, 03:11 PM.
            10/3 I-131 mailed Dallas Tx lock box
            10/13 received

Comment

• Originally posted by coolsun20 View Post

Yes I did, I do have my receipt number and next step is that I should receive letter with biometric appointment scheduled at some local office, so am still waiting on that, but it seems like no one from OCT 2020 filing received so that seems concerning to me..
              I see! You have not updated your status so I missed that information! congratulations!

Comment

• AOS October filers:

Did you receive your biometrics appointment already? I'm wondering why it is taking so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgapad View Post
                  AOS October filers:

Did you receive your biometrics appointment already? I'm wondering why it is taking so long.
                  I think only @eb1cguy got the Biometric Appointment. Didn't see anyone else post on their appointment letter.

Comment

• eb1cguy

Have you already had the appointment. How was the experience.

Comment

• Hi!

My AOS + EAD/AP were filed in Oct.'2020 but haven't received the receipt yet.

My L1A visa is expiring soon. I have an option to switch to H1b or apply for L1 renewal.
                      I wanted to understand is there any impact on GC process like in interview because of switching of visas?

Thanks.

Comment

• My EB1b-I140 was approved in just 11 days with PP. But now I am waiting to get the receipt notice for my adjustment of status application for over 45 days. It is very frustrating, depressing, and stressful.

Comment

My EB1b-I140 was approved in just 11 days with PP. But now I am waiting to get the receipt notice for my adjustment of status application for over 45 days. It is very frustrating, depressing, and stressful.
                          Did you check with the bank? Is Check presented for Encashment? I am also waiting for the receipt notice and travelling in the similar boat as you
                          10/26/2020 I485, I131, I765 Package delivered to TX Lock box in Dallas.
                          12/21/2020 Application returned due to missing information.
                          12/31/2020 Application resubmitted and received
                          02/22/2021 Finger print fee received and Receipt notices received in mail
                          4/19/2021 Biometrics appointment
                          4/22/2021 Case shown fingerprints taken
                          8/10/2021 I485J receipt notice
                          9/02/2021 I765 and I131 approved
                          09/09/2021 Received combo approval card via USPS

Comment

My EB1b-I140 was approved in just 11 days with PP. But now I am waiting to get the receipt notice for my adjustment of status application for over 45 days. It is very frustrating, depressing, and stressful.
                            Hey check out this video by a prominent immigration lawyer, someone asks the question (in the middle of the video somewhere...) and he refers to filing a writ of mandamus to speed up i485 processing.
                            Might be an option to consider if this takes longer than 120 days.
                            Last edited by ceci1073; 12-10-2020, 10:09 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

• Originally posted by Sashiv View Post

Did you check with the bank? Is Check presented for Encashment? I am also waiting for the receipt notice and travelling in the similar boat as you
                              No checks cashed! When did you send your application? I had sent my spouse's applications together with mine. Also the medical reports (I-693). Now if I want to send the applications again, I also have to go for the medical examinations again (I spoke to the doctor, again have to pay the fee as the forms have to prepared again). That means extra hassles and expenditure (money). There is no guarantee that next time my applications will be received.

By the way, when did you send your application? Was your check cashed?

Comment

• Originally posted by jondoeh View Post

Hey check out this video by a prominent immigration lawyer, someone asks the question (in the middle of the video somewhere...) and he refers to filing a writ of mandamus to speed up i485 processing.
                                Might be an option to consider if this takes longer than 120 days.
                                Can you please share the link? By the way, processing of I-485 means after they have received your case and you got a receipt notice. In my case, I am not sure if they even have my case as they did not send the receipt notice (only confirmation is the tracking details available from the USPS website).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X