No announcement yet.

December 2020 I-485 filers may join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early December (will update with exact date when I find tracking)- Sent packet
    December 23- Credit Card charged full fee
    Jan 5th,2021- Received text messages with receipt/case number
    Jan 9,2021- received the paper receipts for application in mail
    FEB 25,2021- received bio metrics letter in mail
    bio metrics scheduled for march##

no update online regarding biometric appointment, strangely ive filed n400 for others and USCIS typically scan every document that is sent to you and you can access it online before you even get mailed

case is family based AOS, for the guy who changed address its pretty much guaranteed that will slow the process down.

wondering when ill get my work authorization, its been really tough financially for us

Comment

• Originally posted by twotruetoo View Post
      Early December (will update with exact date when I find tracking)- Sent packet

no update online regarding biometric appointment, strangely ive filed n400 for others and USCIS typically scan every document that is sent to you and you can access it online before you even get mailed

case is family based AOS, for the guy who changed address its pretty much guaranteed that will slow the process down.

wondering when ill get my work authorization, its been really tough financially for us

Where do you access documents sent by USICS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnatan96 View Post

Where do you access documents sent by USICS?
        at the website https://my.uscis.gov/

Comment

• Originally posted by twotruetoo View Post
          Early December (will update with exact date when I find tracking)- Sent packet

Congrats, Which City/ASC are you from??

And generally, only applications that can be filled online have documents visible in my USCIS it seems.

Comment

• UPDATE FROM EMMA:

No biometric appt has been scheduled yet but you are in line for an appt. Please continue to check the case status online with your I485 receipt number as it will update once the appt is scheduled. Unfortunately there is no current estimated time frame on when the appt will be scheduled. ????

Comment

• Originally posted by komissol View Post
              UPDATE FROM EMMA:

No biometric appt has been scheduled yet but you are in line for an appt. Please continue to check the case status online with your I485 receipt number as it will update once the appt is scheduled. Unfortunately there is no current estimated time frame on when the appt will be scheduled. ????
              The wait is really frustrating. How I wish it could at least move faster than this. Always checking my case status multiple times a day.

Comment

UPDATE FROM EMMA:

So frustrating. I know of cases in the Boston area (where I am located) that are moving forward much faster than others and I don't understand why. I've been waiting 3 months now for a biometric appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyRomey View Post

Congrats, Which City/ASC are you from??

And generally, only applications that can be filled online have documents visible in my USCIS it seems.
                  east coast , i mailed a n400 for a friend that it wasnt filed online and still had access

Comment

• I seriously don't know what's going on with these biometrics delays. It's been more than 3 months now for me in Boston. USCIS keeps telling me to wait and that I'm in line to be scheduled. In the meantime, half of the fiscal year is gone....

Comment

I seriously don't know what's going on with these biometrics delays. It's been more than 3 months now for me in Boston. USCIS keeps telling me to wait and that I'm in line to be scheduled. In the meantime, half of the fiscal year is gone....
                      You are not alone here! My husband cant handle my unemployment blues anymore

Comment

You are not alone here! My husband cant handle my unemployment blues anymore
                        It's so frustrating because we have no idea how long it's going to be. And what about interviews, right? How long are they going to make us wait after biometrics?! I've heard from people who got bio letters a month after filing and USCIS's answer is that every case is different. Someone I know got their green card this week and they filed in November!

Comment

It's so frustrating because we have no idea how long it's going to be. And what about interviews, right? How long are they going to make us wait after biometrics?! I've heard from people who got bio letters a month after filing and USCIS's answer is that every case is different. Someone I know got their green card this week and they filed in November!
                          whoa! are they marriage based GC too or EB type visa? driving me cray cray
                          Marriage AOS (F1 to GC, California, MSC)
                          1/05/2021 UPS shows package again delivered, received by Chyba
                          1/20/2021 Check cashed; Receipt text messages hours later
                          4/19/2021 Biometrics done
                          4/22/2021 Case shown fingerprints taken
                          5/10/2021 I-765 Approved; I-131 Approved; new card being produced
                          5/17/2021 Combo card received
                          8/17/2021 Interview Scheduled
                          9/20/2021 Interview finished; I-485 approved new card produced
                          9/25/2021 GC in mail

Comment

Someone I know got their green card this week and they filed in November!
                            Highly unlikely. November 2019 maybe, but 2020...nope. it takes months just to get the biometrics done....as you've experienced, so there is no way they can do start to finish in 3 months.

EB1C (approved I-140)
                            Package : I-131, I-485, I-765, I-693
                            02/01/21 - Day 0 - sent to Phoenix
                            02/02/21 - Day 1 - Delivered - signed by F.Brown
                            04/02/21 - Day 60 - NOA Received for I-485, I-131, I-765
                            04/02/21 - Day 60 - Transfer to Nebraska
                            06/29/21 - Day 147 - Fingerprints Taken
                            10/01/21 - Day 242 - EAD/AP Combo Card in hand
                            07/07/22 - Day 521 - Transfer to Missouri
                            07/13/22 - Day 527 - RFE for new I-693
                            08/03/22 - Day 548 - New I-693 sent
                            08/22/22 - Day 567 - New Card is being produced!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by twisted-pixel View Post

Highly unlikely. November 2019 maybe, but 2020...nope. it takes months just to get the biometrics done....as you've experienced, so there is no way they can do start to finish in 3 months.
                              This is someone I know personally. It is a Diversity Visa Lottery AOS, which is prioritized.

Comment

• Originally posted by yinander View Post

whoa! are they marriage based GC too or EB type visa? driving me cray cray
                                It's a Diversity Visa Lottery AOS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X