Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crybaby123 View Post
    My mom just received her interview appointment but dad is still waiting. Can he go in with her? And how hard is the interview, because she is stressing about it? Thanks
    CALL NVC immediately! We had same problem and NVC told us to request expedite for my mother. Expedite approval with in 3 days and then have to schedule interview.

Comment

• Hi everyone, I am preparing the documents needed at the interview and I am a little confused on what documents are needed. I would really appreciate it if anyone can provide some clarity on what copies and original documents are required, thanks onces again

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post
        Hi everyone, I am preparing the documents needed at the interview and I am a little confused on what documents are needed. I would really appreciate it if anyone can provide some clarity on what copies and original documents are required, thanks onces again
        Dear abhishekhawat, The website clearly states that the beneficiary should carry the originals and a copy of each and every document that was submitted to the NVC along with your petition. I plan to make two folders one in which I will carry the originals and a copy of the documents specially listed in the letter received by the biometrics people: I quote:

For a Consular Interview
        • DS 260 confirmation page
        • Two recent photographs 2x2 inches
        • Medical Report (No X-ray films or discs)
        • Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office
        • Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce decree
        • Affidavit of Support: Forms I-864, I-864A, recent Tax returns, W2s and job letter (if not already submitted to the NVC)

Comment

• Is there anyone here who have got their IL after 4th May 2022?

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post

Does anyone know if birth certificates of all the children of beneficiary are required at the interview?

Also, my mother has her vaccine records, covids and other vaccines, but the problem is that the document is not readable anymore because of a pen that leaked inside her box where she kept the records. Would she need to get those vaccines again before the medical or can the medical examiner give her the required vaccines with the fresh record.
            Go to play store, download and install cowin app. Open it and follow the instructions. You have to use the mobile phone from which the registration for vaccine was done. You can find out the certifivcate. Else you can go to a vaccination center with that mobole and ask for help. You will get new certificate. Or the certificate should be available in ddownload folder in that mobile.

Comment

• Thank you AlienKanpur and GeoMac for the responding, your reply was very helpful. The website also states to bring birth certificates of all children of the beneficiary, I checked this information on a different website and it says birth certificates of all children under the age of 18. I just wanted to make sure does my mother need to carry all of her childrens birth certificates?

Comment

• My parents who live in New Delhi, got their I-130 processed with a DQ date of Jan 4, 2022.Does anyone have an idea what DQ dates is Mumbai consulate processing now? Four months have passed since DQ status and no interview letter yet. They are in IR5 category.

Comment

• My Parents have their interview in Mumbai on May 13th. They have completed their medical and bio metrics. Can someone help with few more questions I have:
                  1. They have different case numbers etc. Will they be interviewed separately or together. Do I need 2 sets of documents for them or just one set is needed.
                  2. Interview will be in mumbai consulate, right? I don't see any address in the email.

Comment

• Originally posted by defcon5064176 View Post
                    My parents who live in New Delhi, got their I-130 processed with a DQ date of Jan 4, 2022.Does anyone have an idea what DQ dates is Mumbai consulate processing now? Four months have passed since DQ status and no interview letter yet. They are in IR5 category.
                    Dear forum member, I understand that their I-130 was approved and then DS -260 was submitted and accepted with the DQ date of Jan 4, 2022. As of now Mumbai is processing applications with a DQ date of Mid April. If the NVC continues with the same speed as shown this month( went from DQ date of Feb. 2021 to Mid April 2021), then you should get the IL latest by October this year. This is a very statistical extrapolation, nothing can be predicted with absolute certainty. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbunatorcf View Post
                      My Parents have their interview in Mumbai on May 13th. They have completed their medical and bio metrics. Can someone help with few more questions I have:
                      1. They have different case numbers etc. Will they be interviewed separately or together. Do I need 2 sets of documents for them or just one set is needed.
                      2. Interview will be in mumbai consulate, right? I don't see any address in the email.
                      Dear turbunatorcf, Best wishes for your parents interview on May 13. Kindly post the updates after the interview. The response to your queries is as follows:
                      1. Hopefully they will be interviewed together. You need only one set of documents with originals and copies of all the documents submitted to the NVC. Prepare three folders one for Dad one for mom and one common with the following documents:

For a Consular Interview
                      • DS 260 confirmation page
                      • Two recent photographs 2x2 inches
                      • Medical Report (No X-ray films or discs)
                      • Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office
                      • Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce decree
                      • Affidavit of Support: Forms I-864, I-864A, recent Tax returns, W2s and job letter (if not already submitted to the NVC)
                      After the interview, please do confirm if this was helpful. This would help all forum members going for the interview in the near future. We have our interview coming up on June 10. Best wishes.

Comment

• Dear Members, My parents have got the visa and will shortly be coming to US. I have two question, if anyone can share their experience regarding this. 1.What question they'll ask at the time of entry. 2.Will they do the medical again at the port of entry, as they ask to carry x-ray film along with you. Or they just get x-ray film for their record. Please share your actual experience.

Comment

• Thanks especially AlienKanpur for your responses to my several queries earlier. Now all set for Medicals on 21st May ( Apollo Chennai), VFS biometrics on 5th June (VFS Chennai) and Embassy interview (Mumbai) on 14th June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobby57 View Post
                            Dear Members, My parents have got the visa and will shortly be coming to US. I have two question, if anyone can share their experience regarding this. 1.What question they'll ask at the time of entry. 2.Will they do the medical again at the port of entry, as they ask to carry x-ray film along with you. Or they just get x-ray film for their record. Please share your actual experience.
                            Dear Lobby57, my Sister and her husband entered the US on February 23 and I quoting their experience. When your parents will report to the Border control at the port of entry, they will be taken to another room. They will be asked to submit the paper that they would receive along with the passport. The officer will take the passport and that paper and your parents will be made to wait for a while. There could be several people waiting in that room. After a while, may be half an hour, the duly stamped passport saying admitted will be handed back. To my knowledge no questions are asked and no further tests are administered. You are expected to carry the sealed CD /X-ray, with you but they may not even ask for it. Best wishes. Do update their actual experience for the benefit of all of us after your parents have arrived.

Comment

• Originally posted by Varaprasad1959 View Post
                              Thanks especially AlienKanpur for your responses to my several queries earlier. Now all set for Medicals on 21st May ( Apollo Chennai), VFS biometrics on 5th June (VFS Chennai) and Embassy interview (Mumbai) on 14th June.
                              Best wishes for everything,

Comment

• Originally posted by defcon5064176 View Post
                                My parents who live in New Delhi, got their I-130 processed with a DQ date of Jan 4, 2022.Does anyone have an idea what DQ dates is Mumbai consulate processing now? Four months have passed since DQ status and no interview letter yet. They are in IR5 category.
                                The last known case who got IL was with DQD 4th April 2021. The date of IL email was 4th May 22.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X