Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kannansandesh View Post
    Thank you so much. My mother was born before 1970.

Since my mother was born in 1961, not sure if certificate of non-availability applies to her? I summited her school leaving certificate to NVC and got DQed.
    ​
    Non-availability certficate does not apply for 1961 born. School certificate submitted to NVC and accepted for DQ is final

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post
      Hello Friends

Do you know how you get a document translated (to english) in India?

Thanks
      Dear zakasbanda,
      There is no officially certified translator. I got my documents translated by a Professor of English who was competent in Hindi as well. With the translation you need a notorized affidavit from the translator. The language of this affidavit can be found on the USCIS website. it generally reads as follows:

I, [translator's name], hereby declare that I am fluent in [language 1] and [language 2], and that this translation is a true, accurate, and complete version of the original text to the best of my knowledge.

Translator Address, phone, e-mail
      Translator official seal​

best wishes

Comment

• Hello members,

2022 tax transcript is not available. My parents are carrying 2022 tax return, will that be okay? When transcripts are available after filling tax ?

thank you
        Last edited by Sky12; 03-15-2023, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky12 View Post
          Hello members,

2022 tax transcript is not available. My parents are carrying 2022 tax return, will that be okay? When transcripts are available after filling tax ?

thank you
          Sky12,

2022 transcripts will be available in June/July, there is no fix date but filed form copy will be fine for the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

Average time is 2-3 months after all the documents get submitted.
            Now its better. 2 weeks to be DQed.

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post
              Hello Friends

Do you know how you get a document translated (to english) in India?

Thanks
              Dear zakasbanda,
              There are some Notary Public who have license as Certified Translator. You will find them in court complexes or if you inquire with some Share Brokers, they will show you who are Authorised Translators in your town. Go to one of them. They are authorised as Notary too. They may charge you some 300-400 ₹ including notarization charges (with red paper seal pasted and embozed). Yes let me tell you one thing- their translation text and the way of typing will be a bit sub standard. What you can do is - take the rough document home and retype on your computer. All you need is the legal terminology and pre-text and concluding text from that rough document. Make it fair and take it to the translator/Notary and get it done.
              Last edited by GeoMac; 03-15-2023, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Hi All, Does anyone have any update on who have received ILs recently and what their DQ date is?
                Last edited by hafsas; 03-16-2023, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hafsas View Post
                  Hi All, Does anyone have any update on who have received ILs recently and what their DQ date is?
                  Received IL for my mom today - DQ September 9, 2022. Interview on May 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by giveured View Post
                    Our case is approved in NVC 5 months ago. No information from the Mumbai US Embassy on the interview for greencard for my parent. Anyone in the same situation as me? Has anyone received notice of greencard interview at Mumbai us consulate recently?
                    Please follow this link. All people with IR5 visa is updating their status here. Very helpful
                    IR5 Name,TYPE,DQ DATE,STATUS,Interview Location ,INTERVIEW NOTIFICATION,INTERVIEW DATE,NOTES,Ph Number for Whatsapp Group,@ Niraj (Father),Sponsor,1/4/2023,Completed,Mumbai,6/14/2023,8/7/2023,Both parents scheduled together. Vikas,Sponsor,1/11/2023,Awaited Vijay (father),Sponsor,1/17/2023,Comp...

Comment

• Originally posted by hafsas View Post
                      Hi All, Does anyone have any update on who have received ILs recently and what their DQ date is?

Please follow this link. All people with IR5 visa is updating their status here. Very helpful
                      IR5 Name,TYPE,DQ DATE,STATUS,Interview Location ,INTERVIEW NOTIFICATION,INTERVIEW DATE,NOTES,Ph Number for Whatsapp Group,@ Niraj (Father),Sponsor,1/4/2023,Completed,Mumbai,6/14/2023,8/7/2023,Both parents scheduled together. Vikas,Sponsor,1/11/2023,Awaited Vijay (father),Sponsor,1/17/2023,Comp...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rahi_Teal View Post
                        Hi everyone, for original visa interview scheduled by NVC, my mom passed medical test however my dad was asked to undergo sputum testing. We didn't cancel their original visa interview and VAC appointments. My dad accompanied my mom to VAC appointment in Mumbai as planned earlier and both of them got biometric done at VAC, next day my mom appeared for visa interview and her visa was approved, they refused to take my dad's interview with her as expected and when my mom asked about having to do VAC again for my dad, one of the consulate officers told her that since my dad had VAC appt done already with my mom, he won't have to go through VAC/biometric again, he advised to attend just the visa interview appointment after negative sputum test results for my dad.

AFAIK we have to schedule VAC appt in order to be able to schedule consulate appointment after sputum test results come out negative. I remember reading at least one post here where even though VAC appt was done earlier, applicant didn't attend VAC appointment again which was scheduled after sputum test so visa interview appointment got cancelled automatically, we are a bit hesitant to follow what consulate officer told us and skip attending VAC appt again after sputum test because of this.

I'll appreciate if anyone in similar situation who skipped attending VAC appt again after sputum test can share their experience, how did it go? What I am seeing with class B medical appointment(option we have to choose after sputum test for taking VAC and interview appts I think) is there is a high chance that we may not be able to get VAC appointment just the day before interview and might have to stay in Mumbai for multiple days or travel again if VAC is not adjacent to interview appt.
                        Thank you!
                        ​
                        Rahi_Teal: Did you guys do the VAC appointment again for your dad? or the first one was valid?

Comment

• Here is my update on my parent's case.
                          I-130 Submission Date (Priority Date) 03/24/2022
                          I-130 approval date 01/09/2023
                          NVC case creation date 01/13/2023
                          Documentarily Qualified 03/16/2023
                          Adjusting from H1-b, married to USC, Philadelphia, PA

12/19/17: App sent
                          12/27/17: App Received
                          1/8/18: Notification of Acceptance via email and Text Message
                          1/12/18: 3 letters of the receipt in mail
                          1/20/18: Letter for Biometric Appointment in mail
                          2/02/18: Biometric Appointment
                          2/8/18: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview.
                          5/16/18: New Card Is Being Produced
                          5/26/18: Received EAD card
                          12/20/18: Interview scheduled.
                          1/24/19: Interview completer; approved on the spot

Comment

• Originally posted by gc_check View Post

Received IL for my mom today - DQ September 9, 2022. Interview on May 3rd.
                            Congratulations.

Comment

• Hi all,

I have my interview on April 17th. Want to seek inputs from this forum if anyone had similar scenario:

I am working in US-MNC in India. My company may offer position in US when I plan to move if not I may have join my son and later find a job.

What type of questions will be asked to working parent?
                              Do they ask us our willingness to work in USA and and I want to say yes to this.

Appreciate if anyone can share their experiences.

Comment

• Originally posted by satya_gc View Post
                                Hi all,

I have my interview on April 17th. Want to seek inputs from this forum if anyone had similar scenario:

I am working in US-MNC in India. My company may offer position in US when I plan to move if not I may have join my son and later find a job.

What type of questions will be asked to working parent?
                                Do they ask us our willingness to work in USA and and I want to say yes to this.

Appreciate if anyone can share their experiences.
                                Dear satya_gc,
                                best wishes for a successful adjudication for your immigrant visa. When your petition is approved you can rightfully work in USA. So there is no point denying this. The kind of questions are going to be just routine. These are all available in this forum. See posts by shanaya for a very consolidated list. best wishes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X