Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Forum Members,me and my wife’,permanent resident card ie green card got delivered today exactly 38 days after entering USA.Thanks a lot to all forum members particularly AlienKanpur leading this forum with his well written comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sect8 View Post
      Dear Forum Members,me and my wife’,permanent resident card ie green card got delivered today exactly 38 days after entering USA.Thanks a lot to all forum members particularly AlienKanpur leading this forum with his well written comments.
      Heartiest Congratulations Sect8 for getting the green card in record time. Thanks a lot for your compliments. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post
        Dearest Geomac,Aleinkanpur,Toolong,Dreams21,Malik 7 other members,Extremely happy to share that i received my passport with the immigration visa printed,also printed is expiry date: 9th nov.I need to reach USA before that.There was also another envelope( this is for applicants with Sputum advice) which we are not supposed to open & hand it over to the immigration officer at USA,its clearly written that We need to carry in our handbag.
        Thank you all very much & your constant support.Any doubt was easily cleared here!!
        Yes,as GeoMac very wisely said,more difficult tasks ahead like wrapping up,tickets etc etc.God bless all of you!
        You have stated that expiry date of your visa is 9th Nov. Can you inform how your visa expiry date is calculated. Is it 6 months from original date of medical or is it 3 months from date of sputum test report?

Comment

• Hi to all members,
          My mom paid green card fee 18July still no update case Status is Received fee no other update don’t know why any inputs will help.
          Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Raj2022 View Post
            Hi to all members,
            My mom paid green card fee 18July still no update case Status is Received fee no other update don’t know why any inputs will help.
            Thanks
            Dear Raj2022,
            When did your mom enter USA. Has she received the SSN? The website mentions that the Green Card will be delivered in 90 days from the date of entry or from the date the fee was paid. No will need to wait for the 90 days to elapse before you can contact them. In our case the status changed from fee received to card being produced in 32 days after entering. Then subsequently I received the card in the next six days. But my wife’s status is still Card being produced. I am waiting. No point in contacting at this point of time.
            Best wishes.

Comment

• Hello AlienKanpur sir, did you have to do a covid test before traveling to the U.S?

Comment

• Hi everyone, for original visa interview scheduled by NVC, my mom passed medical test however my dad was asked to undergo sputum testing. We didn't cancel their original visa interview and VAC appointments. My dad accompanied my mom to VAC appointment in Mumbai as planned earlier and both of them got biometric done at VAC, next day my mom appeared for visa interview and her visa was approved, they refused to take my dad's interview with her as expected and when my mom asked about having to do VAC again for my dad, one of the consulate officers told her that since my dad had VAC appt done already with my mom, he won't have to go through VAC/biometric again, he advised to attend just the visa interview appointment after negative sputum test results for my dad.

AFAIK we have to schedule VAC appt in order to be able to schedule consulate appointment after sputum test results come out negative. I remember reading at least one post here where even though VAC appt was done earlier, applicant didn't attend VAC appointment again which was scheduled after sputum test so visa interview appointment got cancelled automatically, we are a bit hesitant to follow what consulate officer told us and skip attending VAC appt again after sputum test because of this.

I'll appreciate if anyone in similar situation who skipped attending VAC appt again after sputum test can share their experience, how did it go? What I am seeing with class B medical appointment(option we have to choose after sputum test for taking VAC and interview appts I think) is there is a high chance that we may not be able to get VAC appointment just the day before interview and might have to stay in Mumbai for multiple days or travel again if VAC is not adjacent to interview appt.
                Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post
                  Hello AlienKanpur sir, did you have to do a covid test before traveling to the U.S?
                  Dear abhishekhawat,
                  The covid test report is no longer mandatory. We did not take the test. One is required to carry the certificate of being fully vaccinated. We travelled Swiss and no body cared to see the vaccination certificate. Only in Zurich when we were taking the connecting flight to Chicago, an officer asked us, if we were fully vaccinated. There also they did not see the certificate. Technically, one must carry the certificate of being fully vaccinated.
                  Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear Raj2022,
                    When did your mom enter USA. Has she received the SSN? The website mentions that the Green Card will be delivered in 90 days from the date of entry or from the date the fee was paid. No will need to wait for the 90 days to elapse before you can contact them. In our case the status changed from fee received to card being produced in 32 days after entering. Then subsequently I received the card in the next six days. But my wife’s status is still Card being produced. I am waiting. No point in contacting at this point of time.
                    Best wishes.
                    Thanks AlienKanpur
                    My mom enter July 20 2022. I also sand complete lsat week.

Comment

Dear Raj2022,
                      Best wishes.
                      Thanks AlienKanpur
                      My mom enter July 20 2022. I also sand complete lsat week.

Comment

• Originally posted by apshah05 View Post
                        Hi All,

Quick question, my mother in law's visa stamp expires on January 1st. I have read some post that the person needs to be in USA before the medical expires, therefore, how do we know when the medical expires? and if the visa stamp is as of January 1st 2023, then which date should we follow to decide when she should come to US.

Thanks,
                        A
                        Its 3 months after the medical for Sputum test comes negative, that date is considered as medical date.I got my negative report of sputum on August 9th,so, my visa expiry date is 11th Nov.
                        For other candidates its exactly 6 months later after their date of medical exam

Comment

• Originally posted by sumanbehl View Post

You have stated that expiry date of your visa is 9th Nov. Can you inform how your visa expiry date is calculated. Is it 6 months from original date of medical or is it 3 months from date of sputum test report?
                          Its 3 months after we get the negative report.I have written all details to apshah05

Comment

Dear Forum members, my permanent resident card (Green Card) got delivered a little while ago, i.e. on September 24, 2022. . Exactly 38 days after entering USA. However my wife’s status is still showing as Card is being produced.
                            Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Thank yo dear toolog.You will get it at the passport to the place you have opted for.
                              Plz post the details as to your mom's case.Best wishes to her & you.
                              update : my mom had her visa interview today in Mumbai. I saw her text as soon as I woke up stating that the visa is approved and on checking the status on website, it has been updated to Issued. !Sigh!

thanks to all members of this forum who helped me all the way till now on this very brain draining process.

Few questions on next step, please - what’s next and how to follow ?

I am clear that her visa expiry would be around 3 months from sputum test result (which we can confirm on the visa stamp as soon as she gets passport)

1) will the status change from issued to something else showing the progress of passport ?
                              2) what website to be used to track the status of passport. My mom has chosen to collect the passport from Delhi CGI center.
                              3) when and how to pay the green card fees and how much ?

Thanks all once again.

pS: I will write full chronological events of steps and process in my mom’s case after she receives her passport. Few have already posted full details and their experience but my mom’s experience has been a bit different so the details may help someone ease their anxiety in future.

Comment

• As part of my parents' green card process that I am sponsoring -- Police Clearance Appointment has been scheduled for this week at Pune Passport Office for my parents. The appointment is at center on Ghorpadi-Mundhwa Road, Opp. Ganga Orchid, Pune.

My parents live in Satara, Maharashtra.

Any experience with this process / certificate? Any tips or pointers?

Appreciate all your help!

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X