- Photograph Requirements
- Passport Guidelines
- Online Application Guide
- Processing and Tracking
- My Account
- New Passport or Renewal of Passport
- Damaged/Lost Passport
- Emergency Travel Document
- Passport-Children up to 18 years of age
- Indian Passport-US Child-Indian Parent
- Name Change - Complete
- Name Change - Splitting Name
- Name Change - From Maiden to Married
- Addition of Spouse's Name
- Deletion of Spouse's Name
- Change of Date and Place of Birth
- Change of Appearance
- Change of Address
- Tatkal Passport
An Indian passport is normally valid for 10 years from the date of issue. Expiration date is denoted by the
term 'Final' or 'F' after the expiration date. e.g., 12.05.2009 (Final) or 12.05.2009 (F). You can not renew
the passport more than one year before the expiration date of your current passport.
When a new passport is issued, old passport(s) will be cancelled and returned to the applicant. Valid visas in the old passport are not cancelled and can be used till the expiration date of a given visa.
If you currently hold a passport that is valid for 20 years, you should apply for a new passport. There is no application fee
except for the return mail charges.
While completing an online application, in the 'service desired' field, choose option 'Fresh Passport'.