Form Sections Guide
- Personal Information
- Address and Phone Information
- Passport Information
- Travel Information
- Travel Companions Information
- Previous U.S. Travel Information
- U.S. Point of Contact Information
- Family Information: Relatives
- Family Information: Spouse
- Present Work/Education/Training
- Previous Work/Education/Training
- Additional Work/Education/Training
- Security and Background
- Medical and Health Information
- Criminal Information
- Security Information
- Immigration Law Violation Info
- Miscellaneous Information
- Sponsoring Parents Visitors Visa
- Student/Exchange Visa
- Temporary Worker Visa
- Crew Visa
- Upload Photo
- Prepaper of Application
- Confirmation Page
- Thank You
DS-160 Form Guide: Present Work/Education/Training Information
Provide the following information concerning your current employment or education.
- Primary Occupation
Depending upon the answer you select, you may be asked further questions.
For some choices, no further questions are asked. e.g., HOMEMAKER or RETIRED.
If you choose UNEMPLOYED, you will be asked to provide an explanation.
If you choose 'OTHER', you will be asked to specify it.
If you are retired and do some part time job, specify it here.
- Present Employer or School Name
- Present Employer or school address
Provide complete address.
If the person is a farmer, he/she can specify the farm address.
If you are self employed, write where your business is located.
- Monthly Income in Local Currency (if employed)
If you are employed, specify it. If you get an annual income, divide it by 12.
If you do not receive a fixed salary, you must enter an estimate of your adverage earnings for a month.
If you are a business owner, enter an average amount of net income you receive from the business after expenses.
If you receive a pension, enter the amount of pension.
You should given information about the amount of money you receive each month, regardless of the source.
Alternatively, you can click on 'DOES NOT APPLY', if appropriate.
Mexico: Enter your salary before deductions (IMSS, Infonavit, etc.)
- Briefly describe your duties:
If student, write "student". It means your job or other primary daily activity. Please be specific in describing your occupation: e.g. software engineer, trader in chemicals, manager in travel company, MD of pharmaceutical company. It is not enough to just write "Business" or "Service".
Even if you don't have a 9 to 5 type of job, try to list something here. This will help show that you have some activity that will attract you back home when your visit to the U.S. is over.