Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

I’ve applied for a green card based on asylum I’ve gotten approved.

SRC (TSC)

asylum approved - 21 June 2019
    green card applied - 22 June 2020
    fee waiver were approved - 15 July 2020
    receipt - 23 June 2020
    biometric appointment - 11 August 2020
    fingerprints review was completed - 13 August 2020

since then nothing has changed. If you guys have any news I’d be glad if you share them with us. ^_^

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

Which center did you file to?
      Dallas, Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post

Have you submitted your medical exam report with your application or you have decided to submit it later?
        I submitted them all together, and I gave everything that I could provide, but I did not apply for a reentry permit

Comment

• Originally posted by guangming View Post

Dallas, Texas.
          Damn. Welcome to the waiting club then. As you can see through all the posts here TSC are super slow ????. Hopefully you won’t be waiting for too long tho.

Comment

• I have read recently that USCIS employees will be furloughed for the month of September if that hasn't happened yet. It looks like the staff should be back at work starting October, when the prices for most applications are going up.

I have heard that the main goal in October is to proceed with the ceremonies for the Citizenship because the waiting time for a ceremony application can't be delayed for too long because it may lead to lawsuits nobody wants obviously. Adjudications of I-485 should be processed after.

Based on this information, I am not hoping to be adjudicated this year, even though I have already patiently waited for 18 months with TSC.

Let me know what you think, guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

Damn. Welcome to the waiting club then. As you can see through all the posts here TSC are super slow ????. Hopefully you won’t be waiting for too long tho.
              thank you so much! i hope so!

Comment

• Hi!

I want to share my timeline!

Nov 19- Application submitted NSC
                Dic 19- Biometrics
                Jun 8 2020 RFE medical exam
                July 8 2020 RFE received
                Aug 11 2020 New card is being produced
                Aug 13 2020 Case was approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeor11 View Post
                  Hi!

I want to share my timeline!

Nov 19- Application submitted NSC
                  Dic 19- Biometrics
                  Jun 8 2020 RFE medical exam
                  July 8 2020 RFE received
                  Aug 11 2020 New card is being produced
                  Aug 13 2020 Case was approved
                  Congrats !!!!

You are very lucky....

Comment

• It was mailed from Louisiana on Saturday (08/15/2020). The letter has not arrived in Dallas yet. I think it will be received tomorrow. I will wait for the reply from the Dallas office. I don’t know how long it will take? ! I will always update the status of the case to share with you! My English is not very good. Please understand. Thank you!
                    Last edited by guangming; 08-18-2020, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Hello, my I485 timeline
                      06/21/2019 Asylum granted
                      06/23/2020 I485 received by NSC
                      07/03/2020 Notice of Action I797 received
                      07/17/2020 Fingerprint were taken to I485(prior fingerprint was used)

It seems very rare that discussing asylum based I485 application process in contrast to EB and FB.

Comment

• Does anyone has an idea how many days before our current travel document expire can we file for renewal?

Comment

• Yesterday, It was stated on USCIS website that they are processing for asylum based i 485 which were filed before September 16, 2018. Today they just rolled back the date to January, 2018.
                          Its means now you can only request for "outside normal processing time" if your case was filed before January 17, 2018.
                          Does this time apply to all pending applications or just in few cases? As someone just posted here that he got approved within one year.

Comment

• Processing Times For I-485 (GC)
                            Based on grant of asylum more than 1 year ago
                            8 Months to 31.5 Months
                            January 17, 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                              Processing Times For I-485 (GC)
                              Based on grant of asylum more than 1 year ago
                              8 Months to 31.5 Months
                              January 17, 2018
                              Do they want to shelve the case I just submitted? Or continue processing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post
                                Yesterday, It was stated on USCIS website that they are processing for asylum based i 485 which were filed before September 16, 2018. Today they just rolled back the date to January, 2018.
                                Its means now you can only request for "outside normal processing time" if your case was filed before January 17, 2018.
                                Does this time apply to all pending applications or just in few cases? As someone just posted here that he got approved within one year.
                                Honestly, I think the 31 months on the website is the Texas Service Center processing time, and Nebraska office adjusts it as well, so nobody complains on why one office is processing cases faster than others, since they “should” be similar.

Also, even if you filed an “outside normal processing times” request, that doesn’t help often because they often just say that they needed to perform additional checking, and that they don’t have any time frame to process your case

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X