Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:

Originally posted by Jerry Qi View Post
    Today, I received a letter from USCIS asking me if I have had any military service because they said that I indicated I am and was not a member of any organization, association, party, etc, which contradicts the information contained in my file.
    Also, they told me my medical exam is no longer valid since it only has one year validation. WTF! They process the case for more than 1 year and they claimed that what I submitted on time has expired.

Fellows, please give me some ideas. I do not know what I should do.
    Medical is straight forward issue. They expire in one year. Normally people sent it with their I-485 because back then they were being processed within few months. But to be fair to them, the instructions on I-485 clearly states that applicant is not required to send the medical initially and can send it if and when USICS asks for it. It's just a sad scenario that most of us have to spend extra $$ because of our wrong assumptions that our cases wouldn't take too long. Matter of fact, I am pretty sure most of did not even know initially that they even expire.

As for your membership issue, I think it's impossible for us to correctly assume what's going on. Have you ever mentioned in your asylum application that you were part of military or rebel or trained security officer or something in your home country? If you did you should have mentioned it in your green card application. Just an assumption!

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Comment

Long Wait

Today, I received a letter from USCIS asking me if I have had any military service because they said that I indicated I am and was not a member of any organization, association, party, etc, which contradicts the information contained in my file.
      Also, they told me my medical exam is no longer valid since it only has one year validation. WTF! They process the case for more than 1 year and they claimed that what I submitted on time has expired.

Fellows, please give me some ideas. I do not know what I should do.
      Wow, at least finally your application has become current. Phew. The long wait is frustrating.

The medical exam part is not a problem. You just have to redo it and mail back to USCIS as soon as you can. They expire 1 year from submission whereas our biometrics are valid for 15 months. Your case gives me hope that it is getting to my turn soon. My received date is March 16 2017.

As for your military service, think back to all applications filed with USCIS to double-check and correct the problem.

Just curious, did you have to file an inquiry through your congressman to get USCIS to look at your case?

Comment

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
        Wow, at least finally your application has become current. Phew. The long wait is frustrating.

The medical exam part is not a problem. You just have to redo it and mail back to USCIS as soon as you can. They expire 1 year from submission whereas our biometrics are valid for 15 months. Your case gives me hope that it is getting to my turn soon. My received date is March 16 2017.

As for your military service, think back to all applications filed with USCIS to double-check and correct the problem.

Just curious, did you have to file an inquiry through your congressman to get USCIS to look at your case?

Yes. I went to congresswoman a month ago for this case. So they contacted the USCIS office.

Comment

Long Wait

Yes. I went to congresswoman a month ago for this case. So they contacted the USCIS office.
          Contacting the congress office seems to be effective. Hopefully I get an update on my case soon.

Comment

Any Updates?

Contacting the congress office seems to be effective. Hopefully I get an update on my case soon.
            Any updates after contacting congressman?

Comment

Long Wait

Originally posted by Pman View Post
              Any updates after contacting congressman?
              Nothing yet. The last inquiry said to wait for 60 days.

Any update on yours?

Comment

No updates yet.

Any update on yours?
                Nothing. I went to congressmen end of march only. Waiting game is still going.

Comment

Any update on yours?
                  Neither to me! Everything is the same way. Let me ask you something. Did you renew your I-131 (travel document) ? My advance parole expired 3 months ago. I am thinking to renew it, but it cost more than $500, or maybe I should wait two months more to see if anything changes because in the immigration's web page they are processing cases from july/2016 and my case is from September/2016.
                  Anyway, if I get any news, I will post in here.

Thank you!

Comment

Long Wait

Nothing. I went to congressmen end of march only. Waiting game is still going.
                    Hello pman,

This evening my case status changed to:

On April 10, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC001122334455. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by May 10, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My application was received on March 16, 2017 and I am guessing that my medicals have expired and I hope that my RFE is only about my medicals. I will update you guys as soon as I receive the notice and what I am required to do.

Have you received any RFE as of yet?

Comment

Long adjudication

Originally posted by Edyfrances View Post
                      Neither to me! Everything is the same way. Let me ask you something. Did you renew your I-131 (travel document) ? My advance parole expired 3 months ago. I am thinking to renew it, but it cost more than $500, or maybe I should wait two months more to see if anything changes because in the immigration's web page they are processing cases from july/2016 and my case is from September/2016.
                      Anyway, if I get any news, I will post in here.

Thank you!
                      No, I haven't renewed my I-131 because it is still valid till June 23 or so. I am unsure yet if I would renew it immediately. Maybe later this year, because it is expensive. Even though I filed at Texas my Travel Document application was transferred to Nebraska and it was approved in 3 months from filing.

My I-485 case status changed today to RFE requested. You can imagine my joy upon seeing my status change after such a lonnggg wait since March last year.

Were you later able to contact your congressman?

Comment

No RFE yet

Hello pman,

This evening my case status changed to:

On April 10, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC001122334455. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by May 10, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My application was received on March 16, 2017 and I am guessing that my medicals have expired and I hope that my RFE is only about my medicals. I will update you guys as soon as I receive the notice and what I am required to do.

Have you received any RFE as of yet?
                        No, I have not got any RFE. My application was received on February 15 2017. Congrssman did inquiry with USCIS on my behalf only on March 23rd 2018. Looking at your case, I think I may get RFE only after a month. Finger crossed. I have infopass appointments on this thursday. Just in dilemma whether to go or not. I am tired of doing inquiries.

Keep updating.

Comment

No RFE

No, I have not got any RFE. My application was received on February 15 2017. Congrssman did inquiry with USCIS on my behalf only on March 23rd 2018. Looking at your case, I think I may get RFE only after a month. Finger crossed. I have infopass appointments on this thursday. Just in dilemma whether to go or not. I am tired of doing inquiries.

Keep updating.
                          My congressman inquired on March 6 2018, thus it took about 1 month to get an update on my case. Probably, expect an update on yours by this month end.

Will keep you guys updated.

Comment

No, I haven't renewed my I-131 because it is still valid till June 23 or so. I am unsure yet if I would renew it immediately. Maybe later this year, because it is expensive. Even though I filed at Texas my Travel Document application was transferred to Nebraska and it was approved in 3 months from filing.

My I-485 case status changed today to RFE requested. You can imagine my joy upon seeing my status change after such a lonnggg wait since March last year.

Were you later able to contact your congressman?
                            Hi, again!
                            I just checked my case status before post this message. It still the same "On September 14, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC0123456789. Our Texas Service Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice." So, I still have to wait !😔

Comment

what happen to the processing time website

Originally posted by Edyfrances View Post
                              I just checked the immigration webpage under processing time, and it shows that they are processing cases from july/2016.
                              Hi Edyfrances;

Is it me only or the USCIS processing time website has been updated and you can't see which month they have reached. Now it shows the processing window range. please let me know if I'm checking the wrong website.

This site provides applicants the ability to see an estimate of the time to completion from submission of USCIS forms based on its adjudication location and subtype.

Comment

Originally posted by bluered View Post
                                Hi Edyfrances;

Is it me only or the USCIS processing time website has been updated and you can't see which month they have reached. Now it shows the processing window range. please let me know if I'm checking the wrong website.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
                                Hello, again.
                                They are processing cases from 26 of july,2016.
                                The link that you sent me is the same webpage where I have checked the processing dates.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X