Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luiz123456 View Post
    Nebraska - Refugee Travel Document I-131 (I already have my Green Card)

My timeline:

06/10/2020 Package sent

06/25/2020 received receipt letter

11/09/2020 Fingerprints appointment. “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”

I would like to travel on Christmas but my document still pending.

Did anybody have their form I-131 approved recently and could share your experience/timeline?
    Their process is very strange. Someone before me has not gotten RTD, but someone behind me has been approval.
    Does that need Background check as well for RTD application?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

Their process is very strange. Someone before me has not gotten RTD, but someone behind me has been approval.
      Does that need Background check as well for RTD application?
      I applied in May and they received my package mid May (I did not pay the fee since my GC is pending), Sept 28 case was updated to show finger print were taken. Till today no any update (almost 6 months from the filling)...
      It’s crazy how they process applications

Comment

• For who has waited for long time for GC.
        What about the idea of ask for help to congressmen near area we reside?
        It is said better than we raise inquiry to USCIS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post
          For who has waited for long time for GC.
          What about the idea of ask for help to congressmen near area we reside?
          It is said better than we raise inquiry to USCIS.
          My case has been pending at TSC since October 2018. I did reach out to the congressman and he made an inquiry on my behalf more than a week ago. I haven't received a reply yet. At the same time, I spoke with the Immigration Officer Tier II yesterday and she said that my concerns would be better addressed by my local USCIS field office which was processing my case. What a surprise! The last update on my case was from February when I did my fingerprints again. I wasn't notified that my case was transferred to the field office (in Pennsylvania). Here is what the USCIS field office does: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices I don't know what to expect now. They might need a second interview, but this is not an asylum office. Perhaps, they just transfer cases to local field offices to reduce the workload: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-up...ansfer-updates Not sure what exactly triggered this outcome, but I hope it's a sign that they started working on my case.
          Last edited by Sylver; 11-11-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylver View Post

My case has been pending at TSC since October 2018. I did reach out to the congressman and he made an inquiry on my behalf more than a week ago. I haven't received a reply yet. At the same time, I spoke with the Immigration Officer Tier II yesterday and she said that my concerns would be better addressed by my local USCIS field office which was processing my case. What a surprise! The last update on my case was from February when I did my fingerprints again. I wasn't notified that my case was transferred to the field office (in Pennsylvania). Here is what the USCIS field office does: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices I don't know what to expect now. They might need a second interview, but this is not an asylum office. Perhaps, they just transfer cases to local field offices to reduce the workload: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-up...ansfer-updates Not sure what exactly triggered this outcome, but I hope it's a sign that they started working on my case.
            Bless!

Comment

• Hello, guys!!
              I'll be applying for my Green Card, based in Asylum, in the next couple of weeks.
              I have several questions about the process, and I would really appreciated if you can help me.
              • I could apply for GC, after November 7, 2020; but, ill be sending my application the first week of December. Is it bad if I wait a little, or the sooner the better?
              • Also, I know I can confirm my one year physical presence through pay stubs, but I don't know if I have to send every single paystubs for the past year (every pay stubs for every single week)
              • Any other advice, you guys can give me
              Thank you sooo much, in advance!
              HAve a great day!

Comment

• Originally posted by xtovar View Post
                Hello, guys!!
                I'll be applying for my Green Card, based in Asylum, in the next couple of weeks.
                I have several questions about the process, and I would really appreciated if you can help me.
                • I could apply for GC, after November 7, 2020; but, ill be sending my application the first week of December. Is it bad if I wait a little, or the sooner the better?
                • Also, I know I can confirm my one year physical presence through pay stubs, but I don't know if I have to send every single paystubs for the past year (every pay stubs for every single week)
                HAve a great day!
                The sooner the better ! you get in line sooner.

I regret why I didn't send my application two months earlier.

as for physical presence, yes couple of paystub, bank statement, rental agreement, your state ID that has your address, phone bill , utility bill , etc. I send copies of these, but not for every months, just few specially beginning and end of 1 yr.

Comment

Hello, guys!!
                  HAve a great day!
                  Congrats, soon you will be applying for GC.

The most important question would be to which service center you will be filling your application ?

If you are filing for Texas Service Center then don't waste a single day and file it ASAP once you are eligible to file for GC. Every day counts towards some months in the processing times delay

TIP: Do you know you can send your I-693 (medical) later once you get you receipt. It doesn't have to be in the initial application packet.
                  Last edited by luckycharm4111; 11-12-2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Hello all,

Has any March/April/May filer had any recent luck with NSC? RFE or approval? Just trying to gauge what is going on with USCIS right now. April filer here --

Prayers and kind thoughts to all

Comment

Hello, guys!!
                      HAve a great day!
                      Hey there,

You wouldn't need to send *every* paystub with your application -- just send enough to prove that you've been here. Send a copy of your I-94, printed from the CBP website. That will show whether or not you've left the U.S. That is a great piece of evidence to put, more than most other things. No need to put excessive evidence, just enough to show that you've been here --

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Hello guys, this my time line

Asylum approved..... April 2018 for myself and wife

I 485 submitted........ May 2019 for both

I 485 approved...... November 10 2020 both

Total waiting time 18months

Center ...... TSC.

Thank you all

Comment

• Originally posted by Febjune View Post
                          Hello guys, this my time line

Center ...... TSC.

Thank you all

Wow! Congratulations!

I still though can’t understand their timeline logic. I have personally applied in March 2019 and still haven’t got anything.

Comment

Center ...... TSC.

Thank you all
                            Congratulations! Hopefully we will all be next to get our approvals

Comment

Center ...... TSC.

Thank you all
                              Congratulations !!!!!

I am really happy for you and Thanks for sharing to have some hopes on TSC........

Comment

Center ...... TSC.

Thank you all
                                What did your status say ? My case was approved on October 22 still case was approved . I called uscis about when I am going to get the card. They said I have to wait up to 60 days

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X