Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Friends,
    My EAD got approved today after 4 months at Texas Center.
    I filed for renewal of my EAD based on approved asylum. A (5) while my Green Card application is still pending.
    PD: July 3rd, 2020.
    Fingerprints applied: July 30, 2020
    Case Approved: October 30, 2020.

I hope I will receive my EAD card in 1 or 2 weeks.

One day our wait of Green card will also come to an end. keep the spirit high in this difficult time.

Comment

• Hello, all ????
      I applied on April 7, 2020. NSC is handling my case. On July 17, I received a notification stating that fingerprints have been applied (others have mentioned this as well).
      No update since then. I called USCIS yesterday, the support agent mentioned that my case "is looking really good" and that they are performing additional reviews. I pressed for more details, she would only tell me that she sees various "processing" things such as fingerprints processing.
      Not sure what to make of this response. Still waiting --
      Asylum through AO in February 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post
        Hello Friends,
        My EAD got approved today after 4 months at Texas Center.
        I filed for renewal of my EAD based on approved asylum. A (5) while my Green Card application is still pending.
        PD: July 3rd, 2020.
        Fingerprints applied: July 30, 2020
        Case Approved: October 30, 2020.

I hope I will receive my EAD card in 1 or 2 weeks.

One day our wait of Green card will also come to an end. keep the spirit high in this difficult time.
        Wait ,, if it says case approved may be they approved ur i485.

Comment

• Originally posted by samiiia View Post
          Hello, all ????
          I applied on April 7, 2020. NSC is handling my case. On July 17, I received a notification stating that fingerprints have been applied (others have mentioned this as well).
          No update since then. I called USCIS yesterday, the support agent mentioned that my case "is looking really good" and that they are performing additional reviews. I pressed for more details, she would only tell me that she sees various "processing" things such as fingerprints processing.
          Woooow! Unbelievable! So you're waiting for your Green Card to be approved since April 2020??...It's been 6 months since then and there is still no reply?? Can't believe it's taking so long for you.

Comment

Hello, all ????
            I am in same boat with you. I filed my package(I485+I131) on 06/21.
            07/17 the status changed to: Case was updated to show fingerprint were taken.
            105 days passed but no any update
            Within 100 range of my case #, one case has been approved on 10/29
            I guess maybe I131 delay causes suspend of I485.
            It is unbelievable that Refugee Travel Document processes over 130 days.
            I131 is very simply form in contrast I485.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Woooow! Unbelievable! So you're waiting for your Green Card to be approved since April 2020??...It's been 6 months since then and there is still no reply?? Can't believe it's taking so long for you.
              It is not a long time compared to many other cases, BUT I had assumed that NSC would process the I-485 faster, within 6 months. So far, no response after the application of fingerprints to the case. They told me it is still doing additional "processing," whatever that means

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

I am in same boat with you. I filed my package(I485+I131) on 06/21.
                07/17 the status changed to: Case was updated to show fingerprint were taken.
                105 days passed but no any update
                Within 100 range of my case #, one case has been approved on 10/29
                I guess maybe I131 delay causes suspend of I485.
                It is unbelievable that Refugee Travel Document processes over 130 days.
                I131 is very simply form in contrast I485.
                We are very much in the same boat. After the July 17 update, I have not heard anything. And yes, there is one case that got approved two or three days ago, and I *believe* it is a case from April. So maybe they are processing April cases now? I am not sure. No RFE or decision yet, they say that there is additional "review" and "processing" that is going on.

Comment

We are very much in the same boat. After the July 17 update, I have not heard anything. And yes, there is one case that got approved two or three days ago, and I *believe* it is a case from April. So maybe they are processing April cases now? I am not sure. No RFE or decision yet, they say that there is additional "review" and "processing" that is going on.
                  The approved case in my 100 range also filed in June, 2020, very possibly on the same day as my date received
                  But for compared case number is meaningless.
                  Because NSC accepts 3 categories I485, asylee, refugee and EB.
                  I guess, it has three sections to deal with respective categories.
                  It seems refugee processing fastest. Because it is much less than asylee in case amount.
                  Also, nationality is also a reason for processing progress.
                  It is said some countries banned by US process very slow.
                  Then consider every guy's docs. if need to provide RFE, it would be slower than completed docs case.
                  In summary, case tracker app for case number could not read any useful information.

In addition, as i know, the process of I485 is
                  first, initial scan and sort in lockbox facility, if some blanks no fill, directly reject.
                  Then Immigration Officer(IO) will inspect every petition. they may work in row.
                  at the same time, we will be asked to have a fingerprint in ASC for background check
                  Once the background check is done, and IO has completed all work and give an approval opinion on case, it will be transferred to Supervisory Immigration Officer(SIO).
                  On last step, SIO has ultimate decision power on approval or not for cases.
                  When SIO approved, card will be ordered for you.

Comment

Same dates, also no news after fingerprints on July 17-Th

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

The approved case in my 100 range also filed in June, 2020, very possibly on the same day as my date received
                      But for compared case number is meaningless.
                      Because NSC accepts 3 categories I485, asylee, refugee and EB.
                      I guess, it has three sections to deal with respective categories.
                      It seems refugee processing fastest. Because it is much less than asylee in case amount.
                      Also, nationality is also a reason for processing progress.
                      It is said some countries banned by US process very slow.
                      Then consider every guy's docs. if need to provide RFE, it would be slower than completed docs case.
                      In summary, case tracker app for case number could not read any useful information.

In addition, as i know, the process of I485 is
                      first, initial scan and sort in lockbox facility, if some blanks no fill, directly reject.
                      Then Immigration Officer(IO) will inspect every petition. they may work in row.
                      at the same time, we will be asked to have a fingerprint in ASC for background check
                      Once the background check is done, and IO has completed all work and give an approval opinion on case, it will be transferred to Supervisory Immigration Officer(SIO).
                      On last step, SIO has ultimate decision power on approval or not for cases.
                      When SIO approved, card will be ordered for you.
                      Good explanation for the processing steps. Thank you for sharing this useful information!

Comment

Hello, all ????
                        This is exactly like my timeline....

Minimum wait for asylum GC at NSC is now 14 months...

Of course I hope all of us get our GC as soon as possible !

Comment

• Does anyone here know any good lawyer to help with Writ of Mandamus for a case pending for too long?

Let me know please!

Comment

• Hi everyone my case got approval on 21 oct 2020 here is my time line applied for i485 on may 30 2018 .June 2nd 2018 application received by Nebraska center ..then after one month biometric done . On oct10 2018 they transferred my case from Nebraska to Texas service center .. then after 29 months I put service request with ombudsman’s and they consider my case and helped me out . And here m today sitting with my green card . Best of luck to u all

Comment

• Hello it is a urgent situation for me, please help.

I am an asylee and won my case in 2018. But my EAD is returned to uscis office because I moved to another state and they couldn't find me in my adress to deliver EAD to me. So I thought I don't need EAD becase I have the approval letter and it shows I am legal in US and didn't apply for new EAD. I got a job offer this week and they asked for my EAD and I sent them approval letter but they still ask me for EAD. Can't I work without EAD?

Comment

• Originally posted by 27march View Post
                                Hello it is a urgent situation for me, please help.

I am an asylee and won my case in 2018. But my EAD is returned to uscis office because I moved to another state and they couldn't find me in my adress to deliver EAD to me. So I thought I don't need EAD becase I have the approval letter and it shows I am legal in US and didn't apply for new EAD. I got a job offer this week and they asked for my EAD and I sent them approval letter but they still ask me for EAD. Can't I work without EAD?
                                im sorry to hear that. I have almost same situation. It is confusing because in the approval letter it says that you can work without EAD with unrestricted SSN. But I guess HR still needs EAD which is stupid. Do you have unrestricted SSN?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X