Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GM1985 View Post

I changed my SS to an unrestricted one.. it helps when you go to the DMV who knows how long will the AOS take.. just bring your asylum letter and your i-94 ... you are entitled to a unrestricted SS card
    Totally agree!!

Social Security needs to issue you an unrestricted SS card if you ask for it to show you are authorize to work without EAD.

In theory someone can stay in asylum status for years if they choose not to adjust status to permanent resident. So they can get unrestricted SS card without EAD or GC to show they are authorized to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

yes. I know someone get fingerprint in 10/2020, and get GC in the end of January. Start with LIN. But most is MSC
      They reuse my finger print in 10/2020, I live in CA also. But, I got nothing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Same here Scolos .

My husband has sent his EAD Renewal in January to Texas service center and still waiting for the receipt.

Green card application will mark 21 months which is still pending and had a last update in February (Finger Prints)

TSC is very very very slow and hoping to get better with the new Biden administration.

I wish I was in Nebraska Service Center then I would have got my GC long back ago. Recently I saw GC application got approved who applied in July 2020.

But TSC is still stuck, approving the March 2018 applications........
        You could try the writ of mandamus, within 60 days USCIS will give you a final decision.
        21 month of course could apply for mandamus.
        For NSC, it does not very sure so fast. We have a group on social media and some members filed in 03/2020 or 04/2020 at NSC but still waiting. Of course, somebody filed in 08/2020 had gotten GC.
        Last edited by Goldbear in CA; 02-01-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye000 View Post

How can I change it ? My SS issued after asylum approval I didn't apply for one, but DMV refused to issue a DL without EAD card
          Bring the information with you... the letter of the asylum approval says that it is your right to get an unrestricted SS card.. and tell them you are not leaving until they give you one... they are not doing you a favor .. it is your right. those people are doing what they can but most likely they havent had to fix many asylees or refugees records.. so you have to request to talk to someone who is a supervisor or someone with more experience... same with DMV i had to go back many times because they couldn't verified the info .. at the end they sent me a limited card real ID.. i called and told them that i am an asylee and that the law says I can get areal ID for the maximum period of time allowed...

Comment

• I got my case at NSC in November 2019.. 15 months ago and still waiting.. it is not always that fast... my attorney says to wait to proceed for the writ of mandamus.. I live in LA... I don't understand the wait to be honest.. so much vetting.. we have been tru an asylum interview already and fingerprints.. what's the point.. it should be fast and easy
            Last edited by GM1985; 02-01-2021, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• I got a letter and it says that "Application is pending review. we regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will complete the review of your petition/ application" Has anyone gotten something like that ?
              Is 15 months enough for a Writ on Mandamus? My attorney says we have to wait longer since the current and absurd waiting times are 10 Months to 32.5 Months!!! I am more than upset..
              Last edited by GM1985; 02-01-2021, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GM1985 View Post
                I got a letter and it says that "Application is pending review. we regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will complete the review of your petition/ application" Has anyone gotten something like that ?
                Is 15 months enough for a Writ on Mandamus? My attorney says we have to wait longer since the current and absurd waiting times are 10 Months to 32.5 Months!!! I am more than upset..
                Yes. For Processing time given by USCIS, is 10-32.5 months. More than 10, would be eligible for mandamus.
                It is abnormal for waiting 15 months and mandamus is the good almost only way to save your case.
                You could change another attorney. For the writ of Mandamus, I heard it is attorneys get a deal for two side and has a ultimate deadline for case.
                So some attorneys may not be familar with this business and very rare connection with government attorneys so they do not like to accept this kind of business.

Comment

• Goldbear in CA do you have any recommendations of an attorney ? in LA

Comment

• Originally posted by locker View Post
                    Yayyyy My card was produced​
                    Filed 04/14/2020
                    first fingerprints 07/17/2020
                    secobd fingerprints 01/04/2021
                    GC produced 1/28/2021
                    Nebraska Service Centras
                    I can’t believe my eyes ​
                    Congratulations!

USCIS has received my documents on 03/20/20 and it shows status as fingerprints were taken on 07/17/20 like tons of people here. NSC
                    I guess we are stuck.

Comment

• who has gotten his travel document within last few year ? do you reccoment to travel out the U.S for visit while my GC is still in processing ? I'm worried to travel and can't get back to the U.S

Comment

• I traveled to DR with a TD with no issue last year

Comment

• If you want to file a writ of mandamus, you don't need to have a lawyer that resides in your state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alteral View Post

Congratulations!

USCIS has received my documents on 03/20/20 and it shows status as fingerprints were taken on 07/17/20 like tons of people here. NSC
                            I guess we are stuck.
                            Same boat with you. You are the earliest filing applicant I heard who stuck at 07/17/2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

Same boat with you. You are the earliest filing applicant I heard who stuck at 07/17/2020.
                              Yesterday checked the tracker app, have found a lot of people before and after me with the same problem.
                              Do you think all results will come back from fbi to uscis in bulk or one by one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alteral View Post

Yesterday checked the tracker app, have found a lot of people before and after me with the same problem.
                                Do you think all results will come back from fbi to uscis in bulk or one by one?
                                M waiting way before you since may 2019

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X