Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by locker View Post

I filled 04/2020, same with fingerprints 07/17/2020, waiting time seems not fair if someone filled 08/20 and got it
    It is true.
    From 03/20-08/20. most files seem to be frozen by USCIS.
    For different area, different policy for fingerprint.
    For CA, most used old fingerprint, for NY, they arrange applicants to queue in biometric appiontment.

Comment

Yayyyy My card was produced
      Filed 04/14/2020
      first fingerprints 07/17/2020
      secobd fingerprints 01/04/2021
      GC produced 1/28/2021
      Nebraska Service Centras
      I can’t believe my eyes
      Congratulations!
      Could you be convenient to disclose your state?
      Very rare for second fingerprint among 07/17/2020 fingerprint takens
      Last edited by Goldbear in CA; 01-28-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

Congratulations!
        Could you be convenient to disclose state you reside in?

Comment

Congratulations!
          Could you be convenient to disclose your state?
          Thank you I applied from California, then moved to Florida

Comment

Thank you I applied from California, then moved to Florida
            Thank you.
            Also Receipt # starts LIN, right?

Comment

• Congrats.. To the people who already got their green cards

I got U1 visa and asylum .. my timeline is as follow:

Nov 2013: applied for asylum
              Jan 2014: applied for U visa
              May 2017: U1 visa approved
              June 2018: Asylum approved
              Nov/15/ 2019: AOS (I-485 asylum based) application received (NSC #LIN...)
              Dec/17/2019: Fingerprints were taken and applied
              June/30/2020 : Case transfer to Local Office (but the website still shows Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken As of December 17, 2019, fingerprints ...)
              July/29/2020 : applied for I-602 (Application by Refugee for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability)
              August/31/2020/: fingerprints taken and applied for EOR 602 ( wan odd fact is that the i-602 EOR has an SRC number and shows as I-485 also)..
              contacted Senator and Congressman (in LA, California) , Ombudsman ...
              November/24/2020 : congressman senator sent me a letter with a "According to the USCIS website processing times section, her case should take between 10.5 to 27.5 months from the date it was received by USCIS. .....case is well within normal processing times. Once USCIS is ready to interview her and an appointment becomes available we will notify via mail with an interview appointment notice."
              And still waiting

I have a Masters in Finance, but sometimes I wish I would of went to Law school... I would love to bring this matters to a fix for all of us.. It isn't fair...

FYI

Article 34 of the 1951 Refugee Convention (Article 34 - Naturalization) requires that:
              "Contracting States shall as far as possible facilitate the assimilation and naturalization of refugees. They shall in particular make every effort to expedite naturalization proceedings and to reduce as far as possible the charges and costs of such proceedings."

The UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) has previously observed that securing legal residence is of the utmost importance to the successful integration of refugees and other persons with international protection needs. In this regard, UNHCR has noted that consideration should be given to facilitating the naturalization of refugees and those with humanitarian protection. UNHCR observes that Article 34 of the 1951 Refugee Convention requires that States 'expedite naturalization proceedings' and 'reduce as far as possible the costs and charges of such proceedings.

Comment

Thank you.
                Also Receipt # starts LIN, right?
                correct, LIN

Comment

• Do I have to change\ adjust status at the social security administration before I get my GC ? it's a weird request from my attorney...

Comment

correct, LIN
                    Thank you for your story.
                    I guess FL could help you get biometric appointment and push forward for GC approval.
                    But for CA, never arrange us to retake fingerprint. I reside in CA but last 195 days since 07/17/2020.
                    You made a right choice to move to FL.

Comment

Thank you for your story.
                      I guess FL could help you get biometric appointment and push forward for GC approval.
                      But for CA, never arrange us to retake fingerprint. I reside in CA but last 195 days since 07/17/2020.
                      You made a right choice to move to FL.
                      I live in CA too but my receipt# number start with MSC, USCIS reuse my previous finger print as of Oct 8. Since then, no any updates.I heard some people live in NY, their cases number also start with MSC. That is so weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post

I live in CA too but my receipt# number start with MSC, USCIS reuse my previous finger print as of Oct 8. Since then, no any updates.I heard some people live in NY, their cases number also start with MSC. That is so weird.
                        my receipt# starts with MSC and I live in NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye000 View Post

my receipt# starts with MSC and I live in NJ
                          No idea how they gonna process our cases. Did you got your finger print done or reuse the previous one?

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post

Most cases from August received assigned to MSC. for reuse or biometric appointment, seems to be decided by local.
                            For NY, it would schedule applicants to take fingerprint. For CA, almost reuse old fingerprint if you have it.

Comment

Most cases from August received assigned to MSC. for reuse or biometric appointment, seems to be decided by local.
                              For NY, it would schedule applicants to take fingerprint. For CA, almost reuse old fingerprint if you have it.
                              Thank you for sharing this information. Do you mean all the applications will transfer to local office and they have jurisdiction? I see lot of case that has been transferred. My still shows fingerprints done.

Comment

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post
                                Do I have to change\ adjust status at the social security administration before I get my GC ? it's a weird request from my attorney...
                                you can if you want to . I did that. With asylum you can get a SSN card that looks like PR SSN card, there's no limitation showing permitted to work with DHS authorization anymore.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X