Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
    Many many congratulations to you. I am in the same boat as you. Exact same timeline . Just waiting for the status to change same as yours
    Congrats!! Did you get any RFE?

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

If your GC is pending you do not have to pay for Travel Document. just submit evidence you have GC pending.

I never returned any of previous travel documents and had no issues.

No issue if you did not travel. I have renewed and traveled with Refugee Travel Document twice now, my third RTD is still pending.
      Thank you very much it’s really help ful for me

Comment

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post

Congratulations!

Can you please tell what was the case on the tracker before fingerprints taken? And have you ever traveled out of the US with TD?
        Thank you. I wanted to travel but covid happened so I have never used my Travel Document.

Before I did my fingerprints in February, it was showing that my old fingerprints were applied, and before that - fee acceptance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post

Thank you. I wanted to travel but covid happened so I have never used my Travel Document.

Before I did my fingerprints in February, it was showing that my old fingerprints were applied, and before that - fee acceptance.
          So did you actually do fingerprints twice ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nooshdaroo View Post
            Hi guys!
            here is my time line:
            File my asylum case in 2011
            Case approved in 2018
            file 485 in November 2019
            biometrics done December 2019
            Medical RFE April 2020
            sent my RFE response May 2020

till now no movement on my case. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I really need to know what should be done to finish this nightmare.

Thanks!
            nooshdaroo Congrats!!!!

At last your case is moving and getting close to the finish line. yayy!!

Mostly looks like its retaking the medical exam. You don't have to worry about it.

Just curious which service center did you file I-485 ?

Comment

So did you actually do fingerprints twice ?
              I filed I-485 and I-131 together. And for both applications they applied old fingerprints but then I got biometrics appointment for I-131 and they were applied just for this form because I-485 still had old fingerprints. Then in February 2020 I got appointed for biometrics for I-485. And then I waited a year till I got approved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braveheartusa View Post

Yes, I tried today, an official rejected my I-94, I insisted, and she got help from another official. Thanks to God, he used to SAVE system to approve my docs, but the system still shows my expired EAD. He sent an update request to the SAVE program and he will call me if he gets a new update in 4-5 days.
                I emphasized several times that I’m asylee, and my I-94 is unrestricted, but they don’t accept it. My lawyer has already told me that process, anything surprised so let see what happens if I got a new update from SAVE.
                It is very hard to live in small, republican states, I can’t blame too much them because they don’t see too many asylees or immigrants so they don’t know how the law works exactly, so I’ll move soon.
                I talked my attorney, I have unrestricted ssn card so dmv has to give my driver license without asking anything, but they are doing document discrimination, if they don’t give my driver license after the SAVE result, I’ll sue them.

Comment

• UPDATE: Good Evening Everyone! I would hope my reply finds everyone well. This is a a reminder we are still in a worldwide pandemic, wearing a mask especially a medical grade mask like a N95 mask protects against the coronavirus up to 95%. I am reporting some good news related and unrelated to immigration, I was administered both doses of the Moderna Vaccine against COVID-19 and experienced no side effects apart from a slight sore arm for a few hour after the second dose.

I filed for a NEW US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 using FORM I-131, APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT in October 2020 to the TEXAS LOCKBOX. On Thursday, February 11th, 2021 my CREDIT CARD was charged $220.00 at the CHICAGO LOCKBOX. I would assume I should receive the receipt notice sometime this week followed by the Notice of Fingerprint. If you have filed an application with USCIS LOCKBOX and has not received any update, I am just receiving an update from October 2020. This is a reminder that there are massive delays at USCIS as a result of the Coronavirus Outbreak with the social distancing and mask wearing rules and the the high volume of applications at the service.

Comment

• when do you recommend to submit inquiry to the congresswoman for my GC ? they taking forever for processing I started to loose my patience....

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                      UPDATE: Good Evening Everyone! I would hope my reply finds everyone well. This is a a reminder we are still in a worldwide pandemic, wearing a mask especially a medical grade mask like a N95 mask protects against the coronavirus up to 95%. I am reporting some good news related and unrelated to immigration, I was administered both doses of the Moderna Vaccine against COVID-19 and experienced no side effects apart from a slight sore arm for a few hour after the second dose.

I filed for a NEW US Refugee Travel Document, Form I-571 using FORM I-131, APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT in October 2020 to the TEXAS LOCKBOX. On Thursday, February 11th, 2021 my CREDIT CARD was charged $220.00 at the CHICAGO LOCKBOX. I would assume I should receive the receipt notice sometime this week followed by the Notice of Fingerprint. If you have filed an application with USCIS LOCKBOX and has not received any update, I am just receiving an update from October 2020. This is a reminder that there are massive delays at USCIS as a result of the Coronavirus Outbreak with the social distancing and mask wearing rules and the the high volume of applications at the service.

hey there

my case was arrived on 1st december. i saw the check has been cashed today CHICAGO USCIS. i think all of asylum cases are moved to chicago. i am wonderin that chocago is gonna be fast or slow than texas? any ideas?

Comment

when do you recommend to submit inquiry to the congresswoman for my GC ? they taking forever for processing I started to loose my patience....
                        al3moudi If your case is out of normal processing time or close to processing time, Congress people can help to expediate. I have seen lot of people submitting inquiry through congress personnel but still they just keep notifying that it is within normal processing time. They are just trying to blame it on the corona virus called "Due to Pandemic".

Which service center did you apply to?

My husband is waiting for almost 22 months (2019) from Texas Service Center and I know people who applied in 2018 are still waiting.........

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

al3moudi If your case is out of normal processing time or close to processing time, Congress people can help to expediate. I have seen lot of people submitting inquiry through congress personnel but still they just keep notifying that it is within normal processing time. They are just trying to blame it on the corona virus called "Due to Pandemic".

Which service center did you apply to?

My husband is waiting for almost 22 months (2019) from Texas Service Center and I know people who applied in 2018 are still waiting.........
                          It’s in Nebraska Service center.. the status now is “ case was updated to show fingerprints were taken” it’s been like this for 8 months now.

Comment

• i hope this week brings most of us with positive responses from USCIS this week

Comment

• My I-485 application was delivered on 11/16 dallas lockbox. I didn’t receive receipt notices in the mail yet but i chatted with a live agent today and they gave me a receipt number.
                              so there’s movement

Comment

• Hi I am filling up my travel document application what should I write on CLASS OF ADMIISON?
                                inam guranted asylee in Newyork
                                amd should I have to send
                                i94 photo copy or any id photocopy
                                I am sending i797 notice of i485 pending so I don’t have to pay any fee?
                                THANKYOU again only double checking before I mail application

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X