Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

I sent my i765 application on 2/3/2021, but I had not received any letter now, is it normal? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karin19 View Post
      Hi all,

I sent my i765 application on 2/3/2021, but I had not received any letter now, is it normal? Thanks.
      Yes it is normal these days . you can expect your notice of action in 60 to 70 days after they receive your petition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky_ View Post

Yes it is normal these days . you can expect your notice of action in 60 to 70 days after they receive your petition.
        thank you for your response.

Comment

• I think USCIS Texas Center is delaying I-485 cases deliberately.
          Because if they can process EAD in about 5 months why they can not process I-485? After all both are cards and almost required same review.
          Is it some kind of policy?
          They are playing with others' lives. Its been 2 years since my application.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post

I’m in the NJ. It’s the same thing. They don’t accept I-94 which is stupid. They always ask me for EAD or green card.I have argued with them 100s of times. No use.
            I'm in NJ too and I was able to renew my driving license today with just I-94 showing asylum granted , they didn't ask me about anything else ,I printed the 6 points of ID brochure in case they don't know that i94 is a primary document but didn't need it , you can sow them the brochure .
            I renewed it at Delanco mvc

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Thank you for sharing Sahiaman

What was reason did you tell senator for the help in your application ?

Because senators won't help unless the case is outside the normal processing time
              Hi,, I personally did not contacted the senator myself. I think that wasn’t the good idea. They don’t listen to us. My attorney kept following up with senator Murphy’s office. And they definitely can’t refuse an attorney i guess. Pls ask ur attorney’s for help guys.

Comment

• Guys my case is from May 2019 and some how i was able to put a service request. If any one you are in the same situation please put service request today

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                  Guys my case is from May 2019 and some how i was able to put a service request. If any one you are in the same situation please put service request today
                  How can we put the service request ?

because current processing date to file a request is April 20,2018

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

How can we put the service request ?

because current processing date to file a request is April 20,2018
                    I just tried and it went through. Try it and may be it works

Comment

• Just for information if someone want to know how things are going these days. Asylum approved 2017

July 2020 - applied for greencard and Travel Document / asylum based.

August 2020 - Fingerprinted and it is applied to my case

January 2021 - Travel Document approved and mailed to me

January 2021 - My I-485 application was transferred to a new jurisdiction. It was transferred to NBC, the letter in the mail said it is just a standard procedure.

February 2021 - My case is scheduled for interview and same day status said it is scheduled and I should follow the intructikn in the letter.

March 2021 - interview was done at the asylum office and it was nice and smooth. I was asked if I ever lied when I first applied for a visa to come to stages; whether I have used forged document; my criminal conviction - I have some. He also asked if I had any pending criminal case which I responded negative. Gave him a copy of all my dirty laundry before he even asked for it. Took a copy and gave me back the originals.

Told me he will send me a decision in the mail in two weeks. On the same day After 6 hours, the status changed to Post Decison Activity and my case has been approved and I will have the decision in the mail.

It is pretty fast processing I must say, because I have heard people waiting for years. I will take 9 months any day! Good luck you all !

Comment

Guys my case is from May 2019 and some how i was able to put a service request. If any one you are in the same situation please put service request today
                        hi Sahil,

Did you do over the phone or online? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

hi Sahil,

Did you do over the phone or online? Thanks!
                          I did it online

Comment

I did it online
                            I did it today but did not worked for me. Keep us updated about your inquiry outcome.

Comment

• Definitely will let u know

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

Please stop misleading ASYLEES on the thread. LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENTS who obtained such status through asylum is required to use a US REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 when travelling abroad until they become a US CITIZEN, and then you will be able to apply for and use a US PASSPORT. What do you think AS6 on your Permanent Residency Card means?
                                Dude, seriously.

It is you that is misleading people.

Not sure who told you this knowledge, but let me get this straight -

LPRs DO NOT need Refugee Travel Document to travel, though they can get one if needed (for example, has no valid passport)

Board of Immigration Appeals, whose decision is binding for USCIS, clearly says so in its ruling.

'As the Fourth Circuit noted, an asylee who adjusts status under section 209(b) obtains significant benefits, including ... and “the right to travel outside of the United States without the advance permission of a refugee travel document.”'

Seriously dude, stop.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X