No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Ombudsman office will only accept your complaint if uscis is taking more time than posted processing times?
    if yes then it is useless.
    Can we sue USCIS in a court?

I 485 April 2019 filer TSC.
    very disappointed with long and un ending processing times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bglama View Post
      WAIT IS OVER????????????
      my timeline below...
      ASYLUM APPROVED: MAY-2017
      SENT I-485. : MAY- 2018
      RFE (MEDICAL)SENT: DEC-2020
      I-485 INTERVIEW SCHEDULED:FEB-2O21
      NNEW CARD BEING PRODUCED: FEB-2021

i forgot to mention I reached out to my congressmen couple times before getting RFE letter. It was a hell of a wait guys. Thanks to everyone for providing infos and Good luck to all of you who still waiting. ????
      Congrats!! What was the interview like? I have an interview coming up and i am not sure what to expect

Comment

• Originally posted by waiting_waiting View Post
        Have you guys seen Receipt date for a case inquiry has been pushed back to April 03, 2018 for TSC .

Yep, The processing time went up again from 32 months to 35 months as shown

Processing (Estimated time)
        10.5 Months to 35 Months

The things supposed to get better day by day but they are getting worst with USCIS all the time.

God help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post

Don’t worry. I live in CA, but the receipt number start with MSC.
          Oh, very unluckily. for no biometric appointment and reuse previous fingerprint is not a good signal.
          Very possibly it indicates your case is put in another basket and suspended. When could be processed, only God knows.
          In East Coast, higher rate for taking biometric appointment later, but in West Coast, very low rate for biometric arrangement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

Oh, very unluckily. for no biometric appointment and reuse previous fingerprint is not a good signal.
            Very possibly it indicates your case is put in another basket and suspended. When could be processed, only God knows.
            In East Coast, higher rate for taking biometric appointment later, but in West Coast, very low rate for biometric arrangement.
            Yes, it’s very unlucky for me. Btw, how did you know that they would put this kind of case into another basket and cause a long time to process.

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post

Yes, it’s very unlucky for me. Btw, how did you know that they would put this kind of case into another basket and cause a long time to process.
              We have discussed lots of cases in social media. Stuck with July 17th,2020, reuse previous fingerprint, almost no anyone get approved for GC till now. Range March, 2020 to July, 2020.
              We also called to USCIS to follow up with cases and all of us got response within normal process range and no need to retake fingerprint.
              However, some guys filed in August, 2020, get approved in Jan 2021. They took fingerprint in Oct, 2020. Their process seems very normal but other than ours.
              After July 17th, they seems put most of cases into NBC(starts with MSC). In CA , no new fingerprint to be taken as well. In NY, will arrange new biometric appointment but quite slow.
              Do you think it is another basket? we are skipped actually. Very clear.

Comment

We have discussed lots of cases in social media. Stuck with July 17th,2020, reuse previous fingerprint, almost no anyone get approved for GC till now. Range March, 2020 to July, 2020.
                We also called to USCIS to follow up with cases and all of us got response within normal process range and no need to retake fingerprint.
                However, some guys filed in August, 2020, get approved in Jan 2021. They took fingerprint in Oct, 2020. Their process seems very normal but other than ours.
                After July 17th, they seems put most of cases into NBC(starts with MSC). In CA , no new fingerprint to be taken as well. In NY, will arrange new biometric appointment but quite slow.
                Thank you for you information, It is kind of helpful for me to understand my position right now. Idk what should we expect to do but wait.

Comment

how could i know if there is no biometric appointment will be taken ?

Comment

my application was received on Jun 16, 2020 and haven't been asking for biometric appointment yet..

Comment

• "President Joe Biden on Wednesday revoked a Trump-era ban on legal immigration for family members of U.S. citizens and residents, as well as diversity visa lottery recipients."

Do you think that this ban was also implemented on asylum based green cards? And now we ll get relief?
                      Last edited by ceci1073; 02-25-2021, 12:03 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

• My I480 receipt starts with MSC, filed in CA on November 8th. On 1/19 the status changed to the "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken".
                        Will there be another appointment for fingerprints or the USCIS will use the previous ones?

Comment

• Its been a 20 Days I applied for Travel document in Lockbox,
                          no receipt number and don’t see the charge on my account either.
                          what can i do, how to get in touch with USCIS Representative.
                          Tried but not getting through without Receipt number.
                          Any suggestions

Comment

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post

how could i know if there is no biometric appointment will be taken ?
                            USCIS will mail you a letter that noted we reuse your previous fingerprint and no need to take biometric appointment. But the biometric fee will not be refunded.

Comment

USCIS will mail you a letter that noted we reuse your previous fingerprint and no need to take biometric appointment. But the biometric fee will not be refunded.
                              I used the fee waiver for form i485 so I didn’t pay anything except the TD

Comment

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post

I used the fee waiver for form i485 so I didn’t pay anything except the TD
                                It seems could not waive biomteric fee $85 unless you < 14 yrs old or > 79 yrs old.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X