Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flando View Post

I wrote about this before.

In short - It's called Writ of Mandamus, ad you should contact a lawyer if you want to file a lawsuit against USCIS.

You will need to prove 1) you are entitled to a benefit; and 2) the agency fails to act in a reasonable amount of time, among other legal issues.

Generally USCIS will not try to litigate the case in court, and the office of general counsel will forward the case to USCIS office has jurisdiction of your case for response, and they will be resolved quickly unless there is serious security concerns.

But the chances are great they will litigate if you don't have a counsel.
    Thanks I’ll get a lawyer for this. USCIS had ample time to take action. There is no reason at all for mine and ever body else’s green card to wait this long. We already waited years for the asylum interview itself. No reason at all. A person in the country legal for 8 years and still has no identity- that’s just serious bullshit sorry.. I have the most simplest application. They should keep the ball rolling. If someone has a complicated case make them wait. But the rest shouldn’t pay the price for the delays.

I personally think they are purposely delaying applications believe it or not.

Comment

• Can someone please confirm that GC when issued was backdated to approved asylum date? By this pace I’m not surprise it’ll be time to apply for naturalization. Frankly, naturalization should be counted the day you applied for asylum, not approved.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post
        Can someone please confirm that GC when issued was backdated to approved asylum date? By this pace I’m not surprise it’ll be time to apply for naturalization. Frankly, naturalization should be counted the day you applied for asylum, not approved.

Thank you.
        The GC is backdated exactly one year from the day your GC application was approved. Its a crazy thing they make us wait for so many years. The process should be after your asylum is approved, they should take the Gc application fee right there and send you the GC. There is no point having us wait for so many extra crazy years

Comment

• Hi everyone so I'm going to apply for work permit. Does anyone know what documents to send with the form? Like i94 or fee receipt of i485.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singh52 View Post
            Hi everyone so I'm going to apply for work permit. Does anyone know what documents to send with the form? Like i94 or fee receipt of i485.
            You gotta download i-765 Instructions form. All needed documents are identified there

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post
              Guys my Travel document got approved after 22 months at TSC. ( after requesting "outside normal processing time")
              I received an approval notice and another page (i 512L, advance parole) but I did not get my travel document.
              will they send it to me later?
              Any experienced person here?
              That's not correct.

They will not send RTD to you. Because a wrong document (Advance Parole) has already been issued.

You should have never been issued AP in the first place.

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH AP.

Either you made a mistake, selecting the wrong type when you apply, or USCIS made a mistake.

If it's the later you should contact USCIS customer service immediately and have them correct it.

Comment

That's not correct.

They will not send RTD to you. Because a wrong document (Advance Parole) has already been issued.

You should have never been issued AP in the first place.

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH AP.

Either you made a mistake, selecting the wrong type when you apply, or USCIS made a mistake.

If it's the later you should contact USCIS customer service immediately and have them correct it.
                flando USCIS will issue both RTD as well as Advance Parole for I-485 for Asylees.

The reason because not all the countries accept RTD. so, if you want to travel to a country which doesn't accept RTDs then we will use Our passport + Advance Parole.

That's why they will issue both based on your request.

FYI I have both valid RTD and valid Advance Parole (I-512 AP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post
                  Guys my Travel document got approved after 22 months at TSC. ( after requesting "outside normal processing time")
                  I received an approval notice and another page (i 512L, advance parole) but I did not get my travel document.
                  will they send it to me later?
                  Any experienced person here?
                  Yes they will first send the approval notice first then later they will send AP document in separate mail.

You need to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Yes they will first send the approval notice first then later they will send AP document in separate mail.

You need to wait.
                    How long did you wait for the RTD?
                    My I-485 was assigned to TSC, but my RTD was assigned to NSC. I don't know why. Such bad luck that I got both places where they are the slowest!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post

How long did you wait for the RTD?
                      My I-485 was assigned to TSC, but my RTD was assigned to NSC. I don't know why. Such bad luck that I got both places where they are the slowest!
                      It took 5 months to get the RTD.

By default, NSC will produce the RTD not the TSC that's why it is assigned to NSC.

Comment

• Are you guaranteed to be called for an interview if your case if being processed at the National Benefit Center ?

Comment

• in two weeks it'll be exactly 3 years since me and my wife applied. Our application was received by USCIS in March 26th, 2018 and in July 2018 in was transferred to TSC.We submitted endless number of online inquiries. Sometimes they say we should get an update on our case within 60 days and then after 60 days nothing happens. Congressman wasn't helpful, and neither Ombudsman. We are starting to lose hope and feel like we have lost the battle. We have nothing nothing left in us. We cannot afford to pay 5000$ or more to sue USCIS. I'm just wondering if there is anyone waiting longer than that because it seems like everyone after us is getting their green cards and we are stuck.

Comment

• Hi bachelor,

I applied in May 2018. Case is with TSC

Made countless calls and requests made for outside processing time. Got nothing after 60 days.

I have now approached the congressman. I have no hope at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

flando USCIS will issue both RTD as well as Advance Parole for I-485 for Asylees.

The reason because not all the countries accept RTD. so, if you want to travel to a country which doesn't accept RTDs then we will use Our passport + Advance Parole.

That's why they will issue both based on your request.

FYI I have both valid RTD and valid Advance Parole (I-512 AP)
                              Thanks for the info. Good to know.

But it still does not make any sense.

Asylees SHOULD NOT use AP when entering the US.

The whole point of RTD is either you don't have a valid passport or you cannot use it.

I would caution everyone not to use your passport until you received your LPR status because before that, in theory, usage of your passport can be used as one evidence to terminate your asylum status.

After you received your LPR status, you are no longer asylee and are free to use your passport if needed.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

But it still does not make any sense.

Asylees SHOULD NOT use AP when entering the US.

The whole point of RTD is either you don't have a valid passport or you cannot use it.

I would caution everyone not to use your passport until you received your LPR status because before that, in theory, usage of your passport can be used as one evidence to terminate your asylum status.

After you received your LPR status, you are no longer asylee and are free to use your passport if needed.
                                Hello, I don’t think you can’t use your country’s passport after you get a green card. . Or can you point me to where you got that info?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X