Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetsuchino View Post

Hello, I don’t think you can’t use your country’s passport after you get a green card. . Or can you point me to where you got that info?
    I don't think you get what I'm saying.

Please read the last sentence.

Comment

• My case is pending for more than 19 months, I decided to sue USCIS to let them make decision on my I-485.

I should listen to my wife as she was planning to file for my green card based on marriage, if I listen to her at that time, I could be a US Citizen now.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

It took 5 months to get the RTD.

By default, NSC will produce the RTD not the TSC that's why it is assigned to NSC.
        Are you planning to talk to a senator when it passes 12 months since you applied for GC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post
          My case is pending for more than 19 months, I decided to sue USCIS to let them make decision on my I-485.

I should listen to my wife as she was planning to file for my green card based on marriage, if I listen to her at that time, I could be a US Citizen now.
          She can still file petitions now, and you can ask USCIS to change your underlying basis for AOS. This way you can still become citizen in 3 years (if your wife is USC).

Comment

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post

Are you planning to talk to a senator when it passes 12 months since you applied for GC?
            Senators are a joke nowadays. They took months to respond, if they responded at all.

Also this type of case inquiry is almost useless and will get an robotic response with only one year passed by.

Of course, never hurt to try but you have to realize it for what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

She can still file petitions now, and you can ask USCIS to change your underlying basis for AOS. This way you can still become citizen in 3 years (if your wife is USC).
              she is a citizen, our marriage is real and we have 2 kids...
              but in this case we need to pay the AOS fees again and do other paper works, which will be easier to sue instead of doing the work again and wait (AOS based on marriage is taking 30 months in my area)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

she is a citizen, our marriage is real and we have 2 kids...
                but in this case we need to pay the AOS fees again and do other paper works, which will be easier to sue instead of doing the work again and wait (AOS based on marriage is taking 30 months in my area)
                Well you do need to file I-130.

but you don't need to file new I-485 and you can submit request in writing after I-130 approval.

But as you said, it might not be any faster for your LPR status, but might be faster if you want to naturalize.

Regardless which way you want to go, here is the link for anyone who do want to take similar route -

An adjustment of status applicant whose application is based on a particular immigrant category occasionally prefers to have the pending application considered under another category. Examples incl

Comment

• Can I hire other attorney to review my case ? The attorney that applied me for GC and TD is from a charity and I feel it’s taking longer, he just wait, doesn’t do anything.

Comment

• This is my timeline. I’m in California.
                    asylum approved in may 2019
                    green card application on august 2020
                    got my received on October 2020 with a LIN number
                    finger prints done on December 2020
                    husband greens card got approved on January 2021
                    my green card got approved on March 2021

we both received the cards less than a week after they were approved and they’re both dated to a year before approved. Mine it’s from march 2020 and husband from January 2020.

hope this helps anyone

Comment

• That was super fast!!! I see it was sent to Nebraska. Congratulations

Comment

It took 5 months to get the RTD.

By default, NSC will produce the RTD not the TSC that's why it is assigned to NSC.
                        I requested the RTD back in September 2020. Just 2 days ago they applied my fingerprints to the file. How long could it take from there to get the approval? I mean, how long did it take in your case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post

I requested the RTD back in September 2020. Just 2 days ago they applied my fingerprints to the file. How long could it take from there to get the approval? I mean, how long did it take in your case?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	642
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	756572
                          Here are the times lines as shown above

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	642
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	756572
                            Here are the times lines as shown above
                            did you have biometric appointment or they used the old fingerprint ?

Comment

• Hey all,
                              I reached to a congresswoman regarding my i-485, and after their follow up USCIS stated to them, NBC accepted my case on March 7.

What does that mean?

Timeline:
                              Asylum passed in December 2019
                              GC applied on the first week of December 2020
                              I-485 fee waiver accepted on February 25 (Also, on the "check my status" page, it shows the same thing)

Comment

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post

did you have biometric appointment or they used the old fingerprint ?
                                No, they used the old fingerprints.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X