Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post

Which MVC ? They should accept your I94! Last year they accepted mine and issued me one year only Driver License.
    South Plainfield. They treat you like garbage. Funny thing the ones that treat you garbage are minorities themselves.

I called uscis- they told me nj mvc can call us to verify about you using save system. They didn’t even bother.

we need unrestricted drivers license. I heard there are members on the forum who have received them. [/QUOTE]

sorry to hear that ! Try another MVC.
    If you are applying for Real ID driver license you need an EAD or Green Card.
    If applying for regular DL, an I94 is a 4 point , Refuge Travel Dic is a 4 points too.
    anyway, from 1 May 2021 undocumented immigrants will have DL in NJ. which is unbelievable as asylee are facing problems and difficulties to have a DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

South Plainfield. They treat you like garbage. Funny thing the ones that treat you garbage are minorities themselves.

I called uscis- they told me nj mvc can call us to verify about you using save system. They didn’t even bother.

we need unrestricted drivers license. I heard there are members on the forum who have received them.
      sorry to hear that ! Try another MVC.
      If you are applying for Real ID driver license you need an EAD or Green Card.
      If applying for regular DL, an I94 is a 4 point , Refuge Travel Dic is a 4 points too.
      anyway, from 1 May 2021 undocumented immigrants will have DL in NJ. which is unbelievable as asylee are facing problems and difficulties to have a DL.
      [/QUOTE]

Brother I waited 4 months for this license appt. another one is another few months. Till then I have no id. This is great america we heard of. Sometimes I think I made a mistake even coming here. I would have rather gone to Canada or U.K. or Europe. They treat refugees with much better respect and infrastructure is better too.

Comment

• Hello everyone,
        I have a plan; these talks did not and will never go anywhere,

My plan is; first, we need to gather volunteers under this message; all things will be anonymous,
        1)We should draft a ‘Letter’ that points out processing times discrepancy between TSC and NSC and request help, but other than personal, the help that we request will be towards problem root;
        2)The letter will be sent to our Representatives, and we will ask an action about this problem;
        3)We will monitor responses from Representatives to our request and will share here,

Friends, please share your thoughts here, and we can act for this proposal accurately and fast!
        Thank you.

Comment

• Brother I waited 4 months for this license appt. another one is another few months. Till then I have no id. This is great america we heard of. Sometimes I think I made a mistake even coming here. I would have rather gone to Canada or U.K. or Europe. They treat refugees with much better respect and infrastructure is better too. [/QUOTE]

see this

the new regulations in NJ for driver license.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonardi View Post
            Hello everyone,

My plan is; first, we need to gather volunteers under this message; all things will be anonymous,
            1)We should draft a ‘Letter’ that points out processing times discrepancy between TSC and NSC and request help, but other than personal, the help that we request will be towards problem root;
            2)The letter will be sent to our Representatives, and we will ask an action about this problem;
            3)We will monitor responses from Representatives to our request and will share here,

Friends, please share your thoughts here, and we can act for this proposal accurately and fast!
            Thank you.
            I agree on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post
              Brother I waited 4 months for this license appt. another one is another few months. Till then I have no id. This is great america we heard of. Sometimes I think I made a mistake even coming here. I would have rather gone to Canada or U.K. or Europe. They treat refugees with much better respect and infrastructure is better too.
              see this

the new regulations in NJ for driver license.
              [/QUOTE]

Thanks
              Last edited by ceci1073; 04-21-2021, 10:28 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thank you.
                Well I’m in the process of writing to them. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post

Well I’m in the process of writing to them. I’ll keep you guys posted.
                  I am on it already. I started last year filling a complaint at the Ombudsman office. They replied about 5 months later with the typical: "USCIS is processing your case and there is not available time of completion". They follow up every 90 days. In the meantime, I also wrote a letter to my Congress Representatives. Same answer. And the last person I contacted was my State Senator. His office contacted USCIS and they haven't got any reply yet. I think my next step is writing a letter to VP Kamala Harris, and then, if there is still no answer, to Mr. President Biden. Anyways, I'm conscious is worthless, but I'm taking every little step.

Comment

• I also contacted my congresswoman . They are going to contact USCIS and see what happens. Will keep you guys updated

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                      I also contacted my congresswoman . They are going to contact USCIS and see what happens. Will keep you guys updated
                      When did you apply for GC?

Comment

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post

When did you apply for GC?
                        May 2019

Comment

• I just got the response from my Senator after inquiring the USCIS for my case,

Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. We generally process the cases in the order that we receive them. The Texas Service Center is currently working applications that were filed on or before August 30, 2018

Comment

• Thats bullshit. I just did a search.4 cases got approved from may 2019 in the past month

Comment

• I just wrote a letter to the President. It’s easy. You should all go to whitehouse.gov and write about TSC backlog. I’m waiting more than three years and my case is outside processing times. No response from senators, congressmen, ombudsman. USCIS 60 days passed still no decision.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thank you.
                                I am all in. This wait gave me anxiety and depression.
                                filed in april 2019. Now I am questioning myself why I came here. Why not I went to Canada. This is a punish for the crime we never committed.
                                What an anti immigrant strategy Texas center has adopted. Please share the letter with us. Or if there anything else we can do?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X