Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prince Ali View Post

I am all in. This wait gave me anxiety and depression.
    filed in april 2019. Now I am questioning myself why I came here. Why not I went to Canada. This is a punish for the crime we never committed.
    What an anti immigrant strategy Texas center has adopted. Please share the letter with us. Or if there anything else we can do?
    where TSC? How do you check them?

there seems to be a prejudice running deep in these immigration office. No background check takes years.

The point is to write everywhere. I will also write to Non profits like amnesty international and some other human rights organization ones.

in this country, it seems like you have to rally for everything or nothing gets done.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
      I just got the response from my Senator after inquiring the USCIS for my case,

Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. We generally process the cases in the order that we receive them. The Texas Service Center is currently working applications that were filed on or before August 30, 2018
      Simply I need a proper explanation - for why some are given in 13 months and why some 34 months. Do you have a prejudice or what? I have zero crime.

in line means nothing.

tsc feb 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post

I am on it already. I started last year filling a complaint at the Ombudsman office. They replied about 5 months later with the typical: "USCIS is processing your case and there is not available time of completion". They follow up every 90 days. In the meantime, I also wrote a letter to my Congress Representatives. Same answer. And the last person I contacted was my State Senator. His office contacted USCIS and they haven't got any reply yet. I think my next step is writing a letter to VP Kamala Harris, and then, if there is still no answer, to Mr. President Biden. Anyways, I'm conscious is worthless, but I'm taking every little step.
        processing my ***. The file is just sitting.

keep on writing/bugging/calling till this thing of delays of asylee reaches everywhere.

I am seeing if you got GC via marriage or any other category- the processing is faster for both passport and GC. We have already waited long for an interview and then waited one more year for GC application already. No more delays.

Eat their brains. One day they can say still processing and they year will 2047. Bull **** answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post

processing my ***. The file is just sitting.

keep on writing/bugging/calling till this thing of delays of asylee reaches everywhere.

I am seeing if you got GC via marriage or any other category- the processing is faster for both passport and GC. We have already waited long for an interview and then waited one more year for GC application already. No more delays.

Eat their brains. One day they can say still processing and they year will 2047. Bull **** answer.
          worst case scenario it’ll go to court and all of their dirt will come out. That’s why I’m saying reach out to all non profits out there. These agencies needs to provide them answers (public records) for delays since they are not giving us answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post

worst case scenario it’ll go to court and all of their dirt will come out. That’s why I’m saying reach out to all non profits out there. These agencies needs to provide them answers (public records) for delays since they are not giving us answers.
            keep writing to VPs etc.

But an more effective way is this.

Comment

• hey guys . i got rtd and i want to meet my mother in a third country. i can enter this country without visa but this country need s visa for us rtd! i have a visa appointment in embassy .if they do t give visa i will have to use my national passport.i dknt think that something gonna happen at the border of this country if i use np. i am asylee and filled 485 .what do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by lordofmovers View Post
                hey guys . i got rtd and i want to meet my mother in a third country. i can enter this country without visa but this country need s visa for us rtd! i have a visa appointment in embassy .if they do t give visa i will have to use my national passport.i dknt think that something gonna happen at the border of this country if i use np. i am asylee and filled 485 .what do you think?

Please Lordofmovers, for your own good, try not to use your country's passport. You already have a RTD, ensure you have the necessary visa and document to enter the third country.

Comment

hey guys . i got rtd and i want to meet my mother in a third country. i can enter this country without visa but this country need s visa for us rtd! i have a visa appointment in embassy .if they do t give visa i will have to use my national passport.i dknt think that something gonna happen at the border of this country if i use np. i am asylee and filled 485 .what do you think?
                  Nope. You should not use your passport until you have you green card, NOT before / when I485 is pending

Comment

When did you apply for rtd ? And what service Center is the processing ?

Comment

• Hi All,
                      We can comment on our problems here.. Please comment deadline of May 19, 2021. USCIS is doing this so our voices can be heard...

Thank you all.
                      Last edited by immihelp; 04-27-2021, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Does rtd show your original country ?

Comment

• Hi Guys, I have been following this forum for about 3 months now, and today I finally created my account because I want to share some information with you.
                          I am still waiting on my paperwork but so far here's my timeline, my receipt number starts with SRC from Texas Service Center as I live in Orlando, FL

08/2017 Came to US
                          11/2017 Applied for Asylum (TSC)
                          03/2018 Asylum Interview
                          04/2018 Asylum Approval Dated from March - Received EAD & SSN
                          03/2019 Submitted I-485 After 1 year of Dated Asylum Approval (TSC)
                          02/2021 Summited an e-Request asking about my Biometrics Appointment,
                          02/2021 15 days after e-Request, received a response saying they will try to schedule my appointments when available in my office (Orlando, FL) and it will take OVER 90 days for it to happen.
                          ...So now I just need to keep waiting, even though it has been over 2 years since I applied for it. (I am heart broken)

All that being said, I just wanted to let you know that USCIS is asking for feedback about their administrative process, and we have until 05/19/2021 to provide our feedback, I saw this on reddit:and also, here is the link directly for USCIS: https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...s-and-services

Please feel free to leave a comment with suggestions and ideas for them to improve the process. I am typing a comment as well, just trying to gather ideas.
                          Last edited by ceci1073; 04-27-2021, 10:02 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

• I did. Explained all the delays and how ineffective they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeraldineSofia View Post
                              Hi Guys, I have been following this forum for about 3 months now, and today I finally created my account because I want to share some information with you.
                              I am still waiting on my paperwork but so far here's my timeline, my receipt number starts with SRC from Texas Service Center as I live in Orlando, FL

08/2017 Came to US
                              11/2017 Applied for Asylum (TSC)
                              03/2018 Asylum Interview
                              04/2018 Asylum Approval Dated from March - Received EAD & SSN
                              03/2019 Submitted I-485 After 1 year of Dated Asylum Approval (TSC)
                              02/2021 Summited an e-Request asking about my Biometrics Appointment,
                              02/2021 15 days after e-Request, received a response saying they will try to schedule my appointments when available in my office (Orlando, FL) and it will take OVER 90 days for it to happen.
                              ...So now I just need to keep waiting, even though it has been over 2 years since I applied for it. (I am heart broken)

All that being said, I just wanted to let you know that USCIS is asking for feedback about their administrative process, and we have until 05/19/2021 to provide our feedback, I saw this on reddit:and also, here is the link directly for USCIS: https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...s-and-services

Please feel free to leave a comment with suggestions and ideas for them to improve the process. I am typing a comment as well, just trying to gather ideas.
                              Ok, so after I posted the quoted comment I started with my ideas, what do you guys think? Do you have any more comments to add? Feel free to use any of it if you'd like.
                              I don't have a large English Vocabulary so, some phrases are not grammatically correct, but here it is.

"Hello, bellow are some suggestions that I, as a legal immigrant in the process of obtaining my Green Card believe would improve the process for USCIs and for Immigrants as well.
                              1. Easier access to a representative through Emma or the Phone; there are some situations where a Robot can’t be of help, and is almost impossible to get a hold of a real person.
                              2. Start using technology for all applications, if you allow all forms to be submittable online, it would:
                                1. Help the planet without wasting so much paper.
                                2. Decrease the processing times, as a person at USCIS wouldn’t have to check the form is correctly filled/signed, it would have already been done through the computer when the application was being submitted.
                              3. Partner with FedEx or UPS and give the applicant the option of paying for a service of Overnight or 2-3 days delivery when you are sending documents to us.
                              4. Add more Premium Processing Categories, as is an option for the most popular forms; the money you get from this can be used to improve the service to the applications that are not being processed through a Premium Category, that way everyone wins.
                              5. Be more specific in certain topics, in example:
                                1. In the Instructions for Form I-765, in the “Asylee (Granted Asylum) (a)(5) section, you should mention that Asylees are allowed to work WITHOUT an EAD, by using their SSN, however, they can request it if they want to, but the EAD is not required.
                                2. Provide a timeline for receiving the Notice for Biometrics; specify how long it will take from Application Received until they will issue a Notice for Biometrics; in the website states “after you file your application, petition, or request, we will schedule your biometric services appointment at a local application support center (ASC) if you need to provide your fingerprints, photograph, and/or signature.”. Is vague and unfair to not let people know more about it, which is my example C. ii. below.
                                3. The Criteria to Make an Expedite Request:
                                  1. The “Urgent Humanitarian Reasons” needs to have further detail, because is a very big subject where a lot of situations can be included.
                                  2. Clear “USCIS Error”, same as above, needs to have further detail; this is based on my personal experience; after I applied for my I-485, it has been 25 months and I still haven’t received a Biometrics Appointment, which is clearly an error, as that is a notice you receive within the first months of filling your application; however, when I reached out to USCIS, they used the excuse of COVID, instead of they being wrong, even though I filled my Application 11 months before COVID.
                              6. About the e-Requests, it seems that when you answer the Inquiries, you do it so you can say you provided an answer to the Applicant, while you don’t actually provide any helpful information. You need to address these e-Requests as a priority, because this people have been already waiting for months or even years.
                                1. I did an e-Request for my Biometrics Appointment after 22 months of wait and I was told that I would receive an appointment notice when there’s availability and that would take OVER 90 days for this appointment to be scheduled, which is a joke, as I have already been waiting plenty; is unfair that someone who filled the application after and didn’t encounter this clear USCIS error will have their appointment scheduled before myself.
                              7. I understand that for Asylum Based Green Card (I-485), the card is dated back 1 year, so the wait time since received, to apply for Citizenship decreases to only 4 years, however, as you are aware, some of the wait times since filling I-485 to approval of it, exceeds 2 years, these years should also count towards the citizenship, or at least half of that wait time should count towards it."

Comment

• Originally posted by GeraldineSofia View Post

Ok, so after I posted the quoted comment I started with my ideas, what do you guys think? Do you have any more comments to add? Feel free to use any of it if you'd like.
                                I don't have a large English Vocabulary so, some phrases are not grammatically correct, but here it is.

"Hello, bellow are some suggestions that I, as a legal immigrant in the process of obtaining my Green Card believe would improve the process for USCIs and for Immigrants as well.
                                1. Easier access to a representative through Emma or the Phone; there are some situations where a Robot can’t be of help, and is almost impossible to get a hold of a real person.
                                2. Start using technology for all applications, if you allow all forms to be submittable online, it would:
                                  1. Help the planet without wasting so much paper.
                                  2. Decrease the processing times, as a person at USCIS wouldn’t have to check the form is correctly filled/signed, it would have already been done through the computer when the application was being submitted.
                                3. Partner with FedEx or UPS and give the applicant the option of paying for a service of Overnight or 2-3 days delivery when you are sending documents to us.
                                4. Add more Premium Processing Categories, as is an option for the most popular forms; the money you get from this can be used to improve the service to the applications that are not being processed through a Premium Category, that way everyone wins.
                                5. Be more specific in certain topics, in example:
                                  1. In the Instructions for Form I-765, in the “Asylee (Granted Asylum) (a)(5) section, you should mention that Asylees are allowed to work WITHOUT an EAD, by using their SSN, however, they can request it if they want to, but the EAD is not required.
                                  2. Provide a timeline for receiving the Notice for Biometrics; specify how long it will take from Application Received until they will issue a Notice for Biometrics; in the website states “after you file your application, petition, or request, we will schedule your biometric services appointment at a local application support center (ASC) if you need to provide your fingerprints, photograph, and/or signature.”. Is vague and unfair to not let people know more about it, which is my example C. ii. below.
                                  3. The Criteria to Make an Expedite Request:
                                    1. The “Urgent Humanitarian Reasons” needs to have further detail, because is a very big subject where a lot of situations can be included.
                                    2. Clear “USCIS Error”, same as above, needs to have further detail; this is based on my personal experience; after I applied for my I-485, it has been 25 months and I still haven’t received a Biometrics Appointment, which is clearly an error, as that is a notice you receive within the first months of filling your application; however, when I reached out to USCIS, they used the excuse of COVID, instead of they being wrong, even though I filled my Application 11 months before COVID.
                                6. About the e-Requests, it seems that when you answer the Inquiries, you do it so you can say you provided an answer to the Applicant, while you don’t actually provide any helpful information. You need to address these e-Requests as a priority, because this people have been already waiting for months or even years.
                                  1. I did an e-Request for my Biometrics Appointment after 22 months of wait and I was told that I would receive an appointment notice when there’s availability and that would take OVER 90 days for this appointment to be scheduled, which is a joke, as I have already been waiting plenty; is unfair that someone who filled the application after and didn’t encounter this clear USCIS error will have their appointment scheduled before myself.
                                7. I understand that for Asylum Based Green Card (I-485), the card is dated back 1 year, so the wait time since received, to apply for Citizenship decreases to only 4 years, however, as you are aware, some of the wait times since filling I-485 to approval of it, exceeds 2 years, these years should also count towards the citizenship, or at least half of that wait time should count towards it."
                                Very good points. You almost cover all issues and explained them very well. I also submitted my concerns which are identical to yours.
                                Can you please let me know how you submitted e request for taking finger prints? My father filled in April, 2019 at TSC and got no appointment so far. very Heart breaking.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X