• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by al3moudi View Post
    I just got my RTD approved 2 days ago!
    Do you mind sharing when you applied and where it was processed, thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Don't Panic, this is a common RFE

I think the documents to proof that you are present in US for 1 year after Asylum granted would be Copy of your passport last stamped, RTD last stamp, Telephone Bill, Utility Bill, Internet Bill, Auto Insurance, Home Rental or Mortgage Payments, Water Bill etc.,

Getting RFE is always better than getting application denied. If it denied, it will be on your records forever and will create big headache for the future applications.

Comment

• Hi Luckycha4111,
        i didn’t get exactly what you mean. Do you mean that during one year waiting after granted asylum,if we travel to another contury with RTD will impact out green card? My asylum case was granted November 2018 and I traveled to Turkey September 2019 for 10 days, and then applied for green card in November 2019. Does this travel will cause delay in my case? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scolos View Post
          Hey guys i just want to ask if anyone has used a travel document while waiting for green card and travel outside the country and back of recent. Want to travel out using my travel document but very scared. I will appreciate to hear anyone's experience. Thanks
          What is is there to be scared about exactly! Asylees are allowed to travel while their PERMANENT RESIDENCY is pending with the service, It is important that you use a U.S. REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571. However, if you have a criminal record, then you should speak to an attorney at law prior to your travel internationally. I had traveled while my green card was pending several times, and I never had an issue. I work at John F. Kennedy International Airport, JFK in Arrivals and Departures. However, please note on your return, you will be placed in secondary inspection to confirm your status as an asylee and you may be questioned about your travel abroad which is all normal.

An ASYLEE should keep the Refugee Travel Document , Form I-571 with him/herself at all times during the trip outside the United States.

ATTACHED: ​​​​​​Page 17 of Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status indicates that Asylees only need a U.S. Refugee Travel Document while their application is pending with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service. ASYLEES DO NOT NEED AN ADVANCE PAROLE, ONLY A U.S. REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 WITH A PENDING FORM I-485.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope19 View Post
            Do you mind sharing when you applied and where it was processed, thank you
            applied RTD on Oct,2020

Got approved May,2021

Comment

• Originally posted by nooshdaroo View Post
              Hi Luckycha4111,
              i didn’t get exactly what you mean. Do you mean that during one year waiting after granted asylum,if we travel to another contury with RTD will impact out green card? My asylum case was granted November 2018 and I traveled to Turkey September 2019 for 10 days, and then applied for green card in November 2019. Does this travel will cause delay in my case? Thanks!
              Its not going to impact if you travel other country other than country you claimed asylum from.

If you travelled 10 days outside the country then you will be eligible to apply for GC from one year waiting after granted asylum + 10 days outside the country. For example, Nov 10, 2018 you got your asylum approved after that you spent 10 days outside the USA then you are eligible or can send the GC application after Nov 20, 2019.

I don't think it will delay the application if you traveled outside the country and anyway they will have all the records of our entry and exit from the country

Comment

• Hello. Please respond if anyone was in the same situation. My lawyer told me to apply for green card three months before a year passed from asylum being granted. They accepted the application, took fees and biometrics instead of sending it back as it was incorrect. After of three years of waiting they sent me a RFE saying that I applied earlier than needed but still send an evidence of one year presence between asylum granted and applying for green card. What should I reply? All the lawyers say that green card will be denied and I need to refile it again. And wait again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

What is is there to be scared about exactly! Asylees are allowed to travel while their PERMANENT RESIDENCY is pending with the service, It is important that you use a U.S. REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571. However, if you have a criminal record, then you should speak to an attorney at law prior to your travel internationally. I had traveled while my green card was pending several times, and I never had an issue. I work at John F. Kennedy International Airport, JFK in Arrivals and Departures. However, please note on your return, you will be placed in secondary inspection to confirm your status as an asylee and you may be questioned about your travel abroad which is all normal.

An ASYLEE should keep the Refugee Travel Document , Form I-571 with him/herself at all times during the trip outside the United States.

ATTACHED: ​​​​​​Page 17 of Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status indicates that Asylees only need a U.S. Refugee Travel Document while their application is pending with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service. ASYLEES DO NOT NEED AN ADVANCE PAROLE, ONLY A U.S. REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT, FORM I-571 WITH A PENDING FORM I-485.
                  Thanks very much. I really appreciate your.

Comment

• Hi guys
                    If you don’t mind
                    Please sharing about interview i-730 at USCIS office. I have interview schedule on June 9 2021. Petitioner and beneficiary inside USA
                    What kind of questions?about my asylum case or about our relationship.
                    How about translater? We need to bring translater or translater from USCIS office.
                    How long we get decision after interview?
                    After we get decision, we can apply EAD and SS number?what category for EAD?

thank you.

Comment

What about travelling with a Green Card and a RTD? Will I be placed in secondary inspection?

Comment

Can I travel back to the country of origin on Refugee Travel document? I am a derivative asylee not Principal asylee.
                        (USCIS asks in I-131 form that if we will visit country of origin.)
                        My I-485 application is pending for 21 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by nooshdaroo View Post
                          Hi Luckycha4111,
                          DID YOU NEED A VISA for Turkey with US refugee travel document ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GM1985 View Post

DID YOU NEED A VISA for Turkey with US refugee travel document ?
                            You need a visa to travel to Turkey if you use RTD and you can't obtain it online.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe1203 View Post

What about traveling with a Green Card and a RTD? Will I be placed in secondary inspection?
                              Permanent Residents who have obtained such status through asylum are not placed in secondary inspection unless there are other issues but generally no. Since becoming a Permanent Resident of the United States, I have travelled to several destinations and returned and was never placed in SECONDARY INSPECTION, it only happened when I was an asylee and that is expected anyways as it is the procedure.

Comment

• once you get ur green card just get global entry.. easier

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X