Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kashigill View Post

Hey Joe,
    sorry for your lost, a friend of mine just been through same situation where he lost his mom and he went back to his country, spent two weeks there and came back. The only question he was asked at port of entry that where you and went and why and he told the officer that his mom passed away and he went back for two weeks, officer said that he is sorry for his loss and have a nice day, nothing else. Another friend of man who was also asylee and now have GC went back to visit his family and came back after one month and he was not asked a single question. He traveled on GC and with his country passports so you will be fine. Plus your status changed from asylee to permanent resident once you get your green card. I have seen so many cases where people travelled and came back without any problem. I know some people here will disagree but i am speaking with experience and yes anyone can disagree to my opinion but it is what it is.
    Thank you so much!!!! I am less anxious now thanks to what you just shared. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fadymbishay View Post

Sorry for your loss. This is not legal advice.
      Yes it makes a difference that you have your green card "Legal Permanent Resident". Don't overthink it if your family needs you.
      The only thing is during your citizenship interview you may be asked why you travelled back to your country but since you have a strong humanitarian reason then this should not cause you any troubles.
      Thank you so much! it is really too great the price that we have been paying for this whole asylum process.

Comment

• Originally posted by antihistamine View Post
        My case is pending since Jan 2019 at Texas Service Center. Have renewed EAD twice already. This is so frustrating have to wait this long while other people are getting way before me and they keep pushing back the processing time. I feel like I will never get GC
        Hi Antihistamine, I understand you a 100%, my case is also pending at TSC, since April 2019, is very frustrating.
        I just wanted to let you know (in case you made the same mistake as I did) that we DON'T need to renew our EAD, we can have a job by only showing the employer our unrestricted SSN, or even the Asylum Approval as one of the notes there say that the moment we become asylees we are allowed to work.

I tell you this, because I made the mistake of not reading that little part and I renewed my EAD twice ($410 each time) thinking I needed it, and then, this 2nd time around I realized that I didn't need it (after I had already sent the paperwork to USCIS).

In case you are doing it to have paperwork for a Drivers License: I live in Orlando, FL, I got my Drivers License a couple of months after the Asylum Approval and they gave it to me valid until 2027; when I had to replace my Drivers License, because I moved, I didn't need to go to the office, I just requested the address change through the portal of the DMV, and they shipped it to me with no problem.

Have a nice day, and stay strong, we will get there!

Comment

• Originally posted by GeraldineSofia View Post

Hi Antihistamine, I understand you a 100%, my case is also pending at TSC, since April 2019, is very frustrating.
          I just wanted to let you know (in case you made the same mistake as I did) that we DON'T need to renew our EAD, we can have a job by only showing the employer our unrestricted SSN, or even the Asylum Approval as one of the notes there say that the moment we become asylees we are allowed to work.

I tell you this, because I made the mistake of not reading that little part and I renewed my EAD twice ($410 each time) thinking I needed it, and then, this 2nd time around I realized that I didn't need it (after I had already sent the paperwork to USCIS).

In case you are doing it to have paperwork for a Drivers License: I live in Orlando, FL, I got my Drivers License a couple of months after the Asylum Approval and they gave it to me valid until 2027; when I had to replace my Drivers License, because I moved, I didn't need to go to the office, I just requested the address change through the portal of the DMV, and they shipped it to me with no problem.

Have a nice day, and stay strong, we will get there!
          Great information Boss

Comment

• I have been thinking about what could we do to get our cases adjudicated now, and we could certainly get a class action case if we all join our voices.
            we should have answers to our application no more than a year from the date we apply .,
            and in the worst scenario, we should get all the years waiting as a rollback time for our citizenship eligibility. so they can be in accordance and compliance with the United Nation refugee convention.
            on this class action they made the government get rid of the cap for AOS of asylees:
            check this link:
            https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...tAgreement.pdf

Comment

• Guys

anyone here was able to travel a foreign country and come back easily while green card was still pending? This is on refugee travel document. Anyone?

thank you

Comment

• My case has been pending since May 1st 2019. Well over 2 years. this is really killing me because we don't know how long it's gonna last. This is simply ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post
                  Guys

anyone here was able to travel a foreign country and come back easily while green card was still pending? This is on refugee travel document. Anyone?

thank you
                  i answered it 2 or 3 pages before.yes i went with rtd and came back without problem.just went to second inspection .they asked me my adress etc.just have received form from uscic about 485
                  have a nice trip

Comment

• Originally posted by GM1985 View Post
                    I have been thinking about what could we do to get our cases adjudicated now, and we could certainly get a class action case if we all join our voices.
                    we should have answers to our application no more than a year from the date we apply .,
                    and in the worst scenario, we should get all the years waiting as a rollback time for our citizenship eligibility. so they can be in accordance and compliance with the United Nation refugee convention.
                    on this class action they made the government get rid of the cap for AOS of asylees:
                    check this link:
                    https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...tAgreement.pdf
                    We all should be unite. Do you know the cost of lawsuit?

Comment

• Originally posted by lordofmovers View Post

i answered it 2 or 3 pages before.yes i went with rtd and came back without problem.just went to second inspection .they asked me my adress etc.just have received form from uscic about 485
                      have a nice trip
                      Thanks man. Did you leave the country once or more than once? The second inspection kindda scares me.

Comment

• Hi, ya'll, I just wanted to share with you that I reached out to my congresswoman (Orlando, Fl) on May 10th regarding my I-485, she immediately took action and reached out to USCIS, and just now (June 4th) is that they provided a reply to her, and of course, it was the same script from all the time, see attached letter.

I can't believe that even when a person from congress reaches out to them, they (USCIS) are still terrible at their job.

I-485 Asylum Based (Applied on April 1st 2019 at TSC) Click image for larger version

Name:	USCIS Response.png
Views:	899
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	762500

Comment

• Originally posted by GeraldineSofia View Post
                          Hi, ya'll, I just wanted to share with you that I reached out to my congresswoman (Orlando, Fl) on May 10th regarding my I-485, she immediately took action and reached out to USCIS, and just now (June 4th) is that they provided a reply to her, and of course, it was the same script from all the time, see attached letter.

I can't believe that even when a person from congress reaches out to them, they (USCIS) are still terrible at their job.

I-485 Asylum Based (Applied on April 1st 2019 at TSC) Click image for larger version

Name:	USCIS Response.png
Views:	899
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	762500
                          We all have to reunite and sue to the USCIS. That’s the only option we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by cabhavinpatel14 View Post

We all have to reunite and sue to the USCIS. That’s the only option we have.
                            I'm in ! anytime

Comment

• Hi everyone. I have an I-485 application pending for almost a year and was issued my first Refugee Travel Document (RTD) in January 2021 (after 7 months of applying!!!). I want to travel in Jan 2022 (a few days after my RTD expires) and I assume I have to apply now to get the new RTD on time given the long processing time.

Problem is that my lawyer told me to send the current valid RTD along with the application which will leave me with NO travel document until Jan (when the new RTD gets approved). I told him that I would rather not send it at the time of submitting the application and wait for a RFE since probably my application will be sitting in the service center for months before they touch it and realize I did not submit my current RTD. Or maybe they will never require the old RTD anyway given the ridiculous waiting time and the fact that the new one will be issued by the time the old expires! My lawyer told me that I can risk having the whole application rejected. I am not paying the fee because of a pending I-485.

I don't know what to do. I have a valid RTD that I paid for and have to return after only 5 months of being issued and have no way to travel until the next one gets approved if I send it now. Has anyone been through this problem before?

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post
                                I just submitted the request of outside processing normal time because the live chat agent told me so. The system said I will expect a reply by May 28, 2021.

Does anybody know how will they reply to me? Will they send a letter, give me a call or send me an email? Thank you.
                                Quoting myself. It's June 9 today. Haven't heard any response from USCIS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X