No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today got the status change to "Travel document was being produced" of my i-131 RTD at NSC filed on 9 Oct 2020. Took exactly 6 months.

i-485 pending since 9 May 2019 at TSC

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post

so you’re trying to tell me.

one guy applied for GC in 2020 for eg. It doesn’t get approved till 2025. It’ll be backdated 2024? Then you gotta wait 4 years more? I don’t think that is correct.

if someone can find this. I think the timing is from the time you apply for GC- not when the card is issued. The back date is a credit for the time you proved to be in the country for a year before you apply for GC.Now uscis taking 70 years to approve how is that the applicant fault?

I'm not just trying to tell you, I confirm this is correct.

I just got my green card and it's backdated exactly 1 year before it was approved.

If the guy in you example will get approved in 2025, that means he will wait 4 more years to apply for citizenship. If you don't think that is correct, ask your lawyer or call USCIS.

Originally posted by USCIS Welcome Document for Refugees and Asylees
      In general, after a certain number of years as a lawful permanent resident, you can apply for naturalization. Refugees and asylees may apply for naturalization 5 years after the date of their admission to lawful permanent residence. Asylees are admitted to lawful permanent resident status as of the date 1 year before the approval of their Form I-485. Upon the approval of their Form I-485, refugees are admitted to lawful permanent residence as of the date of their arrival in the United States.
      Last edited by Alteral; 04-10-2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by elena007 View Post
        Today got the status change to "Travel document was being produced" of my i-131 RTD at NSC filed on 9 Oct 2020. Took exactly 6 months.

Are you planning to travel out of the states while your GC is in processing?

Comment

• Originally posted by elena007 View Post
          Today got the status change to "Travel document was being produced" of my i-131 RTD at NSC filed on 9 Oct 2020. Took exactly 6 months.

Nice ! 6 months is a short time. Did you say GC pending since May 2019 ? Why? That is freakin long time. I applied in July 2020 and approved March 2021 - around 9 months. It could have been shorter, like 6 months, but they called me for an interview despite my GC application is based on asylum. Hang tight because there is nothing you can do now but wait. But if any one is applying new GC please change your address so you can apply to NSC. You will thank yourself when you get your GC in 7 months than 2 or 3 years !

Comment

• Originally posted by Adugenet View Post

Nice ! 6 months is a short time. Did you say GC pending since May 2019 ? Why? That is freakin long time. I applied in July 2020 and approved March 2021 - around 9 months. It could have been shorter, like 6 months, but they called me for an interview despite my GC application is based on asylum. Hang tight because there is nothing you can do now but wait. But if any one is applying new GC please change your address so you can apply to NSC. You will thank yourself when you get your GC in 7 months than 2 or 3 years !
            Congrats on your GC. Do you mind if I ask what is your state? And what was the 3 letters of the receipt number. Mine is MSC although I sent my papers to NSC.

Comment

• I got GC in January 2021, my spouse and kids April 5 2021, applied Apr 14 2020 all together ✋

Comment

• Originally posted by locker View Post
                I got GC in January 2021, my spouse and kids April 5 2021, applied Apr 14 2020 all together ✋
                Congratulations.
                You guys are lucky. M stuck from past 2 years. Applied in May 2019 and still no update

Comment

• Congratulations!!! Do you mind me asking which state was your green card processed?? .

Comment

• Originally posted by Brigitte View Post
                    Congratulations!!! Do you mind me asking which state was your green card processed?? .
                    I have submitted ticket at USCIS site for why my case is taking longer than our processing time on April 6, 2021, till now there is no response.

Anyone any idea, how long it will take them to respond ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brigitte View Post
                      Congratulations!!! Do you mind me asking which state was your green card processed?? .
                      For sure, California, moved to Florida later, but my case was in NSC

Comment

• I applied November 2019.. NSC and still waiting .. I saw many people tweeting USCIS about OPT work permits and they took action. Does anyone here wanna join me on twisting about the delays on Asylum based green cards..

Comment

• Originally posted by GM1985 View Post
                          I applied November 2019.. NSC and still waiting .. I saw many people tweeting USCIS about OPT work permits and they took action. Does anyone here wanna join me on twisting about the delays on Asylum based green cards..
                          I think there was lawsuit about f1 opt.

Comment

• Is there any way to sue them? It makes me sick and tired of waiting to hear something from them. It's been 2 years!!!! Can we do something about that?

Comment

• we could sue them.. but we need more than just 3 people, they are breaking the refugee convention with this absurd long waits.. but in order to sue them collectively we need more people in the same situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by GM1985 View Post
                                we could sue them.. but we need more than just 3 people, they are breaking the refugee convention with this absurd long waits.. but in order to sue them collectively we need more people in the same situation.
                                You can put me in the list if you need more people, we’ll do all we can do. I live in Oregon

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X