No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I reach 18 months of waiting for my I-485. The processing time keeps increasing every month on the website of USCIS.
    Meanwhile, someone on the other forum I follow just got approved after 4 months. Same I-485 asylum based type. Sigh...
    Last edited by asylumvn; 03-26-2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• 5 application status changes to rfe notice sent after 2 Yeers

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Hello WaitingGC,

It looks like the issue was with Civil Surgeon.

I think you should reach out to Surgeon who did your I693 and show him the letter and see what he/she has to say.

I guess you can’t do anything at this time. It’s the Civil Surgeon(CS) who should be responding to this RFE request by USCIS.

I am positive that CS will know what he/she missed in the last I693 form and will give you a new completed I693 form which you can send it to USCIS once it is ready.
        You might meant different things by saying "It’s the Civil Surgeon(CS) who should be responding to this RFE request by USCIS." but it has to be Crystal clear -- IT IS 100% YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to respond to RFE.

Also like I said, you always has the option to just find a new doctor to complete a new exam. Legally speaking even if you go to your old doctor they have to complete a new exam before they can sign new form. That's why it's unlikely they will accept their mistakes and make up for it.

Also, you have to remember the quicker you respond the faster you will get your green card, and you have to be mindful of the respond time limits of the RFE and ensure you leave room for it (i.e. avoid responding only at the last minute)

That's why I strongly, strongly discourage you waste your time on arguing with USCIS or the doctor, just get a new exam if you needed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

You might meant different things by saying "It’s the Civil Surgeon(CS) who should be responding to this RFE request by USCIS." but it has to be Crystal clear -- IT IS 100% YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to respond to RFE.

Also like I said, you always has the option to just find a new doctor to complete a new exam. Legally speaking even if you go to your old doctor they have to complete a new exam before they can sign new form. That's why it's unlikely they will accept their mistakes and make up for it.

Also, you have to remember the quicker you respond the faster you will get your green card, and you have to be mindful of the respond time limits of the RFE and ensure you leave room for it (i.e. avoid responding only at the last minute)

That's why I strongly, strongly discourage you waste your time on arguing with USCIS or the doctor, just get a new exam if you needed to.
          **CS referred as Civil Surgeon

I know what are you trying to say FLANDO

What I meant is, it is CS fault and they have to correct it and handover completed and signed new I693 form sealed. It is WaitingGC responsibility to send it to USCIS.

There are three reason why I asked WaitingGC to go to old CS

1. CS will know what USCIS Is referring as incomplete because we don’t know exactly what’s incomplete in I693 form.They will correct it and will give a new I693 form to WaitingGC then he can mail it ASAP.

2. As it was a CS mistake, they shouldn’t be charging WaitingGC and it should be free because it is still under that two year valid period. If WaitingGC goes to another CS then he has pay money again for it, which doesn’t make sense.

3. WaitingGC doesn’t need to get a new results, he can ask old CS to have old records copied in new one with the date it was done as it is still within the two year valid period.

I know we shouldn’t be wasting time but we all work hard for money.

Because of someone’s mistake, we cannot be loosing money for nothing. EVERY PENNY COUNTS!

I am not asking to fight, just try to talk to old CS and see if they can do it because it’s their fault. If they don’t then WaitingGC can go to new CS.

I believe there are still good people who accepts their mistakes and try to correct it.
          Last edited by luckycharm4111; 03-26-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh26 View Post
            Good morning Everyone

So I received an update on my I-485 application today, this is what it says

******On February 26, 2022, we sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC***********. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence by March 13, 2022, please go to*******

I am a little concerned because I am not sure what exactly they need. hopefully it's just medical exam, I don"t know. Has anyone here received a similar update? what was requested when you receive the mail?

So this is my timeline

March 2018 Asylum Granted
            April 2019 sent I-485 form TSC
            February 2022 fingerprints
            Jan 20th 2022, application transferred to another service for faster ...
            Jan 25th transferred to NBC
            Feb 26th 2022 Request for additional evidence

Hello everyone. I finally have good news. My GREEN CARD is on the way . I have been following this forum for almost 3 years and it's been so helpful, and I am sure is yet to come for all of us in this amazing country of opportunities.

This is my timeline for those who are curious about my USCIS journey

March 2018 Asylum Granted
            April 2019 sent I-485 form TSC
            February 2022 fingerprints
            Jan 20th 2022, application transferred to another service for faster ...
            Jan 25th transferred to NBC
            Feb 26th 2022 Request for additional evidence
            March 26th New card is being produced.

So when I did my medical exams last week, every was finally ready Saturday 3/19 and I sent to the immigration via fedex, I paid for express delivery so that the immigration can receive it on Monday 3/21. I was expecting to receive a notification this week that my RFE was received but instead I saw today "New card is being produced". I will let you know when I receive my card in a few days hopefully. I am now waiting for the result of my travel doc application to schedule my international trips

Comment

• Hello! Could someone help me with information about how I can get CDL without EAD? I took exam in dmv for CDL permit, but they said that cannot process permit because required EAD. But I am waiting for GC due to granted asylum, and my request about EAD was denied. Did anyone else get CDL in the same situation? And what should I do know? Thanks in advance

Comment

• QUOTE=dokbelka;n780464]Hello! Could someone help me with information about how I can get CDL without EAD? I took exam in dmv for CDL permit, but they said that cannot process permit because required EAD. But I am waiting for GC due to granted asylum, and my request about EAD was denied. Did anyone else get CDL in the same situation? And what should I do know? Thanks in advance [/QUOTE]

I’m not sure which State you belong to but I can say that whichever Department of Motor vehicle you go to get the DL or CDL, the requirements is about being in legal status.

All you need to carry your I94 card which says “ Asylum Status Granted Indefinitely”. Most of the people who work at the DMV they don’t know about this. You need to talk to the supervisor and explain them that I94 acts as EAD for us and should be enough to get you the CDL.

if you want me to help further, you can let me know the state you are looking to get your CDL so that I can give you advise (opinion) you to carry which documents needed for getting CDL?
                Last edited by luckycharm4111; 03-28-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Luckycharm4111 thank you for you help. I am in NY.

Comment

• Good evening to everyone! Quick questions me and my wife we received FRE (Reports of Medical Examination) we did our medical examinations and about to mail the Forms, in the RFE it says attach the copy of this notice (RFE), does that mean notice has to be inside the sealed envelope along with medical examination? Also can we send both envelopes for me and my wife in one mail or has to be separate mails?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post
                      Good evening to everyone! Quick questions me and my wife we received FRE (Reports of Medical Examination) we did our medical examinations and about to mail the Forms, in the RFE it says attach the copy of this notice (RFE), does that mean notice has to be inside the sealed envelope along with medical examination? Also can we send both envelopes for me and my wife in one mail or has to be separate mails?

Thanks in advance!
                      Good Evening Bek0107,
                      The order goes like this in your mail (Envelope)
                      1. Letter which says please the requested information which ask whether there is any G28 or not check box.
                      2. Followed by the RFE letter first and second page
                      3. Sealed I693 form

You would have got both separate letter for RFE then it is advisable to send it in the separate mails because both of your applications are different with separate barcode.

Comment

Good Evening Bek0107,
                        The order goes like this in your mail (Envelope)
                        1. Letter which says please the requested information which ask whether there is any G28 or not check box.
                        2. Followed by the RFE letter first and second page
                        3. Sealed I693 form

You would have got both separate letter for RFE then it is advisable to send it in the separate mails because both of your applications are different with separate barcode.
                        Good evening Luckycharm4111,

Thank you for your response. We only received separate RFEs requesting for I693 (Medical Examination and Vaccination Records). Which letter are you referring with regards to G28?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bek0107 View Post

Good evening Luckycharm4111,

Thank you for your response. We only received separate RFEs requesting for I693 (Medical Examination and Vaccination Records). Which letter are you referring with regards to G28?

Thanks
                          It should be the 3rd paper on the letter u received, it says "keep this page/paper on the top"

Comment

• Originally posted by dokbelka View Post
                            Luckycharm4111 thank you for you help. I am in NY.
                            After going through the documentation, I see that you need to take the passport (valid if any) along with the I94 card which says “Asylum Granted Indefinitely”.
                            If you don’t have Passport then I94 cards should be good enough to validate your immigration status. If the DMV clerk is not helpful at all then talk to the supervisor.
                            Explain them that I94 card for Asylum status itself serves as EAD card and tell them to verify with the high authorities if supervisor doesn’t know it.

Comment

After going through the documentation, I see that you need to take the passport (valid if any) along with the I94 card which says “Asylum Granted Indefinitely”.
                              If you don’t have Passport then I94 cards should be good enough to validate your immigration status. If the DMV clerk is not helpful at all then talk to the supervisor.
                              Explain them that I94 card for Asylum status itself serves as EAD card and tell them to verify with the high authorities if supervisor doesn’t know it.
                              Thank you so much. I will try again

Comment

• Originally posted by Samtad View Post

It should be the 3rd paper on the letter u received, it says "keep this page/paper on the top"
                                Thank you for your reply, is it the one with the barcode?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X