Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dkd08 View Post
    Oh I see. Yours is just an administrative issue then and hence no need to worry much.
    I filed my GC application in March 2018, 10 months after my asylum was approved. I have no idea why that happened but I heard it is a rare thing to do. Few weeks after my asylum was approved, I changed my address to the state I was working in. And subsequently I filed both I-730 and I-485 there (both of which are not sent to asylum office). The interesting thing is that I don’t know which asylum office has the cases.
    Why 10 months? You have to wait at least one year after the approval to apply for your GC.

Comment

Oh I see. Yours is just an administrative issue then and hence no need to worry much.
      I filed my GC application in March 2018, 10 months after my asylum was approved. I have no idea why that happened but I heard it is a rare thing to do. Few weeks after my asylum was approved, I changed my address to the state I was working in. And subsequently I filed both I-730 and I-485 there (both of which are not sent to asylum office). The interesting thing is that I don’t know which asylum office has the cases.

I agree with a previous post . You need to wait a full year before submitting documents for GC. And if they transferred to asylum office you should get a notice by mail where exactly is you case .

Comment

Oh, unfortunately on March 2018 (10 moths after asylum approval) you were not eligible for Adjustment of Status. One of the requirements says: "The asylee has been physically present in the United States for AT LEAST 1 year after being granted asylum."
        rayon6798 did the same mistake, you can find his story on page 18 of this thread https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...232#post580232
        Last edited by Katiusha; 01-09-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys!! Maybe someone could answer my question. We applied for GC on March 2018 and still no answer. On February 2019 my work authorization card will be expired. Do I have to apply for the new card ? My SOCIAL SECURITY card still says “ authorized to work on with EAD”. it’s just so expensive 410$ and we need 3 of them I have some dependents on my case . Any suggestions? Thank you

Comment

• Hi is the GC based on granted asylum?

Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
            Hey guys!! Maybe someone could answer my question. We applied for GC on March 2018 and still no answer. On February 2019 my work authorization card will be expired. Do I have to apply for the new card ? My SOCIAL SECURITY card still says “ authorized to work on with EAD”. it’s just so expensive 410$ and we need 3 of them I have some dependents on my case . Any suggestions? Thank you
            Is your GC is based on the granted asylum, then you dont need to apply for EAD. I learned this very hard way.

Comment

• Originally posted by mimi07 View Post
              Is your GC is based on the granted asylum, then you dont need to apply for EAD. I learned this very hard way.
              Even if I didn’t get an approval yet for GC ? Yes it’s asylum based

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
                Even if I didn’t get an approval yet for GC ? Yes it’s asylum based
                as far as I know, An Asylee does not need an EAD to work just like a permanent resident does not need an EAD to work. You can just go to the SSA and ask them to remove the restrictions. But the EAD makes it easy. I think you can apply for EAD for free when the I485 is pending, isn’t it?

Comment

• Originally posted by IamSam123 View Post
                  as far as I know, An Asylee does not need an EAD to work just like a permanent resident does not need an EAD to work. You can just go to the SSA and ask them to remove the restrictions. But the EAD makes it easy. I think you can apply for EAD for free when the I485 is pending, isn’t it?
                  Ok thank you! Wishing everyone to hear good news soon!!

Comment

Yes, just go to Social Security office and remove the restriction, you should be good to go. For I-9 verification, you can use Social security card from List C and state ID/driver license from LIST B. By the way, Can you tell us your Service center?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick213 View Post
                      Yes, just go to Social Security office and remove the restriction, you should be good to go. For I-9 verification, you can use Social security card from List C and state ID/driver license from LIST B. By the way, Can you tell us your Service center?
                      My service center is Nebraska, not sure if you are asking me. PD is Sept 2018. Status says- Fingerprint review completed.

Comment

My service center is Nebraska, not sure if you are asking me. PD is Sept 2018. Status says- Fingerprint review completed.

Mine is also Nebraska Service Center. I am not sure about latest processing timeframe for Nebraska, think it's kind of slow compared to last year..Did you apply for Travel document also?

Comment

Mine is also Nebraska Service Center. I am not sure about latest processing timeframe for Nebraska, think it's kind of slow compared to last year..Did you apply for Travel document also?
                          I did apply for TD. I already received it more than a month ago. When is your Priority date?

Comment

Thank you for your response! If you were asking me my service center is Texas

Comment

• Td

Originally posted by IamSam123 View Post
                              I did apply for TD. I already received it more than a month ago. When is your Priority date?
                              Hi, I recently applied for TD also. Can you tel me your timeline? And your service center?Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by ray11 View Post
                                Hi, I recently applied for TD also. Can you tel me your timeline? And your service center?Thank you
                                Applied TD Sept24,18 —Approved dec10,18
                                Nebraska
                                What is your PD for I485 and I131?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X