Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 27march View Post
    Hey, I will apply for Asylum Based i-485 in March(got approve March of 2018) .

they'll take me one more interview for GC? And also i'll apply with i-131 and do you know how long it does take to get travel document? And can i travel with it without GC? Thank you.
    no answer?

Comment

no answer?
      Please be respectful to ppl here everybody has their own life and as soon as someone has a minute the will try to answer you questions.
      1. Sometimes they call ppl for interview even if it?s asylum based GC.
      2. Time frame for your TD depends on service center.
      3. Travel without green card is possible but lawyers not suggesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamSam123 View Post
        Has anyone received any new updates to their cases during the shutdown I am just trying to find if the cases are being processed normally or placed on hold,

Yes, my advance parole was approved yesterday 1/24/19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
          Please be respectful to ppl here everybody has their own life and as soon as someone has a minute the will try to answer you questions.
          1. Sometimes they call ppl for interview even if it?s asylum based GC.
          2. Time frame for your TD depends on service center.
          3. Travel without green card is possible but lawyers not suggesting.
          I am already respectful to people here. I just asked a question, didn't get answer and i just said 'no answer?'. I don' t see any disrespectful things here. Thank you so much for your answer and hope you get your gc soon.

Comment

no answer?
            Travel documents usually takes 4-6 months. I got mine in 2.5 months. Someone on this forum got his GC approved but TD was still not approved.

Comment

• i 485 asylum based still pending!! HELP PLEASE

Hey guys, I applied for my i485 Asylum based on March 29th 2018. USCIS Texas service center sent me a letter stating that they have received my application and they will me send me instructions later. Since then I have received any other letter and I have not received any Biometrics appointment either. Everytime I call USCIS, they tell me to wait the processing time which is more than a year I think. My friend in Dallas received his GC less than 6 months after he applied for his GC back in 2016 from Texas Service Center. I'm really confused right now because my Medical exams form is going to expire in one month. Any suggestion guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by davher View Post
                Hey guys, I applied for my i485 Asylum based on March 29th 2018. USCIS Texas service center sent me a letter stating that they have received my application and they will me send me instructions later. Since then I have received any other letter and I have not received any Biometrics appointment either. Everytime I call USCIS, they tell me to wait the processing time which is more than a year I think. My friend in Dallas received his GC less than 6 months after he applied for his GC back in 2016 from Texas Service Center. I'm really confused right now because my Medical exams form is going to expire in one month. Any suggestion guys?

Hey ! Sorry to hear that. We also applied on March 2018 ! On may we did biometric appointment. Then they transferred the case to Texas service center ( originally was in Nebraska) and since then nothing. Our medical exam also expires in a month. I tried to call them but they told we are in the normal limit of time for processing. Did you try to track your case online ?? What does it says?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
                  Hey ! Sorry to hear that. We also applied on March 2018 ! On may we did biometric appointment. Then they transferred the case to Texas service center ( originally was in Nebraska) and since then nothing. Our medical exam also expires in a month. I tried to call them but they told we are in the normal limit of time for processing. Did you try to track your case online ?? What does it says?
                  When I call them, they tell me the same thing they told you and online there is no update on my case. It's kind of frustrating

Comment

When I call them, they tell me the same thing they told you and online there is no update on my case. It's kind of frustrating
                    That is weird. I didn?t get mine for 5 weeks after applying and I called them. The representative opened a service request and within a week I received my biometrics appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamSam123 View Post
                      That is weird. I didn?t get mine for 5 weeks after applying and I called them. The representative opened a service request and within a week I received my biometrics appointment.
                      I will call them again to get a service request. Some of their representative are extremely rude!

Comment

• Take Immediate action

Originally posted by davher View Post
                        I will call them again to get a service request. Some of their representative are extremely rude!
                        Sorry for that. I applied in February 2018. Got green card in hand on October 2018. The weird in your case that you haven't received Biometrics notice and that may get your case denied even before officer look to it. I advice you to take an immediate action because it's unfair for you to wait that long for mistake happened. The most acceptable scenario happened on your case that they might sent the biometrics notice but it was lost in the mail and that are often happening. Here the steps to immediately take because this situation might result in denial for your application.

First go to USCIS website and open case inquiry (Did not received notice by mail) (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...roPageType=ndn)

Second step is to search on google for the congressman that are covering your area. Then take the notice that you received that has your receipt number and tell them that you have not received Biometrics notice for your application.

After doing the 2 steps above, I recommend allowing from 15 days to 30 days and then call USCIS customer service and asks for level 2 officer that have more detailed information about your case.

Do not ignore the situation, it might negatively impact you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
                          Sorry for that. I applied in February 2018. Got green card in hand on October 2018. The weird in your case that you haven't received Biometrics notice and that may get your case denied even before officer look to it. I advice you to take an immediate action because it's unfair for you to wait that long for mistake happened. The most acceptable scenario happened on your case that they might sent the biometrics notice but it was lost in the mail and that are often happening. Here the steps to immediately take because this situation might result in denial for your application.

First go to USCIS website and open case inquiry (Did not received notice by mail) (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...roPageType=ndn)

Second step is to search on google for the congressman that are covering your area. Then take the notice that you received that has your receipt number and tell them that you have not received Biometrics notice for your application.

After doing the 2 steps above, I recommend allowing from 15 days to 30 days and then call USCIS customer service and asks for level 2 officer that have more detailed information about your case.

Hi ! Can I ask you which office was working on your case ?? My timeline:
                          March 2018 - application received ( Nebraska service center )
                          May 2018 - biometrics done
                          July 2018 - case transferred to a new USCIS Office ( Texas service center)
                          Since then I didn?t hear from them.
                          Should I contact my congressman?

Comment

• My Timeline 10 months (Approved) Texas Service Center

Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
                            Here is my i485 timeline from A to Z:

5 Application submitted : 02/16/2018 on Texas Service Center
                            Biometrics notice: 03/02/2018 that They don't need any bio metrics and they will use my old biometrics that I used with my old case

08/15/2018, I received an email says that they are still reviewing my case and they last took action on my case in July 18/ 2018 but when I checked my online tool I did not find any action took from March 02 2018.

09/25/2018, I received text message that my case status has updated. I went to check and I found 3 of the 5 application his card sent for production (not main applicant ) (derivative)

09/28/2018 Online case status changed to Request for Additional Evidence for 2 left applications

10/09/2018, I received the 2 RFE notices (The RFE was for missing check mark in the application nothing more)

10/15/2018, I sent the 2 RFE response through USPS

10/19/2018, around 9:00 pm, Online case status changed and stated that USCIS received my response to the RFE

Finally Today 10/31/2018, Online case status changed for the 2 pending application to "New card is being produce" and we are done, all five application are approved

The hole process take around 8-9 Months in Texas Service Center. Thank you guys for help and advises through the process. If any one have a question. Feel free to ask

Finally !!!!!!!
                            This my timeline from A to Z
                            I think you still in the timeframe that they are working on if more than 1.5 months nothing happened just give it a try and go to congressman. It is always a useful tip to get things moving
                            One day it will come to you guys. God bless you all
                            Last edited by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer; 02-06-2019, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post

Thank You very much for your help, I just opened a case inquiry and I will try to get in touch with a congressman in my area immediately and go from there.

Comment

Thank You very much for your help, I just opened a case inquiry and I will try to get in touch with a congressman in my area immediately and go from there.
                                No worries man, I was on the same boat. We complete each other here. I hope you will have a good news for us soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X