Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 27march View Post
    what did you send for your birth certificate? my attonery gave me a checklist and it says i need show my birth certificates but i don't have it. i can get it at my home country' embassy but i don't want to go there. what should i do?
    USCIS says it's optional but I've seen some people getting RFI because of missing birth certificate. Ask someone in your home country to make notarized copy of birth certificate & get it here.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiGold View Post
      Thank you Nick213
      Congratulations on your Green Card.

I am worrying more and more every day why my card is not being approved yet. It have been 5 month already.
      Man it's 19 month still waiting to get approved ..... So don"t worry

Comment

• Do anybody have an idea about National Benefit Centers processing time in MO because there's no option to check processing time for NBC, MO

Comment

• Originally posted by chaddhaaman View Post
          Do anybody have an idea about National Benefit Centers processing time in MO because there's no option to check processing time for NBC, MO
          National Benefits Center normally process your application, sends you I-797C receipt form regarding your case,schedule biometrics and complete the background check. Until this point there is no way to track down your application. Once background check/review is completed, they forward your file to local office( or service center) for further adjudication.
          Hope it helps!!

Comment

• Originally posted by alexkim View Post
            Hi, guys. I just checked case status and found update: Case Was Transferred To An Asylum Office

On February 21, 2019, we transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN....., to an asylum office for processing. That office will mail you a decision or send you a request if it needs something from you.

Is anybody got same status? What does it mean? Why NSC transferred my case to an asylum office? Should I worry about that?

Thank you for yours answers, folks!
            That means an officer at a service center is unable to verify identity or eligibility or determine admissibility based solely on the available immigration records. Asylum office will go over your I-485 application and makes determination whether you are eligible for adjustment of status or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick213 View Post

National Benefits Center normally process your application, sends you I-797C receipt form regarding your case,schedule biometrics and complete the background check. Until this point there is no way to track down your application. Once background check/review is completed, they forward your file to local office( or service center) for further adjudication.
              Hope it helps!!
              Actually its not initially i submitted i-485 in NSC in August 2017 and now on March 6th 2019 they transferred to NBC

Comment

• Originally posted by kastolife View Post
                New here - Applying for i-485 based on Asylum
                Feb 28 - 2018: Granted asylum
                March 25 - 2018: Filed i-485 (with i-693)

I will post once i get any update. Hoping to get everything good.

Hey I have the same timeline
                feb 2017 granted
                march 2018 filled GC application also with med examination ( which is expired already since it past date.) could you share what you
                Last edited by Sabinan; 03-27-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know is it any difference between status "case received" and "fingerprint review complete"? does everybody gets the second status? and what is time expectations after it?
                  Thank you=)

Comment

• Originally posted by DiGold View Post
                    Does anyone know is it any difference between status "case received" and "fingerprint review complete"? does everybody gets the second status? and what is time expectations after it?
                    Thank you=)
                    Not everybody get "fingerprint review complete". After that is just a wait game, some people change to other status in a few weeks, others in several months.
                    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                    ---
                    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

Not everybody get "fingerprint review complete". After that is just a wait game, some people change to other status in a few weeks, others in several months.
                      Curious why so... sounds like this string should be "fingerprint review completed" once the background check is done

Comment

• Originally posted by Csalama View Post
                        Update on my case
                        I asked here for help few weeks ago. I want to update you on what happened and share my timeline with you. I applied with Texas service center.
                        Jan 2017 asylum was approved
                        Jan 2018 applied for Green card
                        3/9/2019 Recieved request for intial evidence in the mail
                        [ missing address on I485 and inquiry about the public assitance I received in the past as I forgot to mention it in the original form] . I did not fill another form. I did not ask a lawyer. But, I called the customer service and they transfered me to level 2 officer who told me not to fill another form and just answer the questions. So, I just wrote a cover letter.
                        3/14/2019 sent the response to the USCIS
                        3/16/2019 Response was delivered according to the USPS
                        3/27/2019 Status update online. New card is produced

I need help with request for additional evidence

I filled I- 485 form one year ago and I received today a request for additional evidence. They need some clarification on the form I submitted. Do I need to fill the whole application again or just wrirs a letter with the answers they want? Can someone please help do the right thing or share your experience. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Guys, i submitted the i-485 last week and waiting game now. Can I invite my parents on tourist visa? Anyone has done this while i-485 pending? please help me - they are old now and really want to meet -- it has been 15 years i have not seen them.

Comment

• Inviting parents while i-485 based on asylum pending? Has anyone done this? please experiences

Comment

• Originally posted by alexkim View Post
                              Hi, guys. I just checked case status and found update: Case Was Transferred To An Asylum Office

On February 21, 2019, we transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN....., to an asylum office for processing. That office will mail you a decision or send you a request if it needs something from you.

Is anybody got same status? What does it mean? Why NSC transferred my case to an asylum office? Should I worry about that?

Thank you for yours answers, folks!
                              I have the same status with the same date (February 21, 2019), so probably our cases were travelling in the same truck, lol.
                              I will keep you posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick213 View Post

That means an officer at a service center is unable to verify identity or eligibility or determine admissibility based solely on the available immigration records. Asylum office will go over your I-485 application and makes determination whether you are eligible for adjustment of status or not.
                                Thanks for you reply, this is something new. Usually people say that USCIS transfers cases for workload balance etc., but I never heard about this reason.
                                Could you share more information about it, please. Where this information comes from.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X