Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4yr_experience_not_lawyer View Post
    No worries man, I was on the same boat. We complete each other here. I hope you will have a good news for us soon.
    I hope so too! I will keep you updated

Comment

• i 131 timeline

I know its off the thread topic but since we all gathered here in this thread

I also applied for travel document i131 in January 8, 2019. Do you know how long it takes for be produced?

And by chance I am not planing to go to my home country, I am just curious does any one who have green card based on asylum returned to home country and runs to an issue while returning back?

Thanks guys and please share your timeline for i131 (travel document)

Comment

This my timeline from A to Z
        I think you still in the timeframe that they are working on if more than 1.5 months nothing happened just give it a try and go to congressman. It is always a useful tip to get things moving
        One day it will come to you guys. God bless you all

Thank you for sharing your story and your kind words. Regarding TD, it takes around 4-6month to get it depends again on service center that process it. I think it?s a bad idea to return to your country even with green card.my lawyer said only in case of a death or terminally sick close relative Gd forbbid us. And if so you have to have papers from the clinic or copy of the death certificate ready to showin port authority.

Comment

I know its off the thread topic but since we all gathered here in this thread

I also applied for travel document i131 in January 8, 2019. Do you know how long it takes for be produced?

And by chance I am not planing to go to my home country, I am just curious does any one who have green card based on asylum returned to home country and runs to an issue while returning back?

Thanks guys and please share your timeline for i131 (travel document)
          It took me about 2 and half months to get travel document

Comment

• Any approvals? The

Any Nebraska Service Center cases approved recently? I want to know how long the processing time is. Uscis says as much as 24 months.

Comment

• Did anyone from here was called for an interview for GC asylum based? I called to USCIS today and the level 2 officer told me that now in order to get the GC even if it?s asylum based will be called for interview to the field office?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
                Did anyone from here was called for an interview for GC asylum based? I called to USCIS today and the level 2 officer told me that now in order to get the GC even if it?s asylum based will be called for interview to the field office?
                Yes, I was called for interview 2 months ago in NYC. and haven't received any update after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by kDon View Post
                  Yes, I was called for interview 2 months ago in NYC. and haven't received any update after that.
                  Thank you for your response. I?m sorry to hear that even after the interview you still waiting for the answer. I?m also from nyc could you pls tell how was the interview? What kind of questions were they asking ? Of course if it not personal. Thank you ! May you hear a good news soon.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I?m sorry to hear that even after the interview you still waiting for the answer. I?m also from nyc could you pls tell how was the interview? What kind of questions were they asking ? Of course if it not personal. Thank you ! May you hear a good news soon.
                    Thank you! Interview was not hard as I expected, I was there by self. No attorney.

IO was going over my story and asked reasons why I filled an asylum and then she went through the application. After about 45 minutes she took my tax returns and some other docs related my case. And handed me over page which says I should here another interview or green card on mail within 120 days. I am actually NYC but case was handled by Brooklyn Field office.

If you ever call for interview, over your application and the story. Make sure you bring all docs asylum filing date to now.. and don't panic too much. (Read interview experience from other threads for family/marriage) they will help you a lot based on your situation.

Comment

Thank you! Interview was not hard as I expected, I was there by self. No attorney.

IO was going over my story and asked reasons why I filled an asylum and then she went through the application. After about 45 minutes she took my tax returns and some other docs related my case. And handed me over page which says I should here another interview or green card on mail within 120 days. I am actually NYC but case was handled by Brooklyn Field office.

If you ever call for interview, over your application and the story. Make sure you bring all docs asylum filing date to now.. and don't panic too much. (Read interview experience from other threads for family/marriage) they will help you a lot based on your situation.
                      Wow! Thank you for such an open story. I wasn?t called for an interview but the level 2 officer said that it?s new rules in order to get a green card you have to pass an interview. Thank you again and wishing you to see green card in the mail.

Comment

Wow! Thank you for such an open story. I wasn?t called for an interview but the level 2 officer said that it?s new rules in order to get a green card you have to pass an interview. Thank you again and wishing you to see green card in the mail.
                        Thank you so much again. My case was in NSC and was transferred local field office PD is October 2017. Even after 16 months and after 2 months of the interview. No green card yet. I submitted inquiries to Senator/Congressman and also make inquiry with Infopass before the interview after multiple inquiries interview was called.

Comment

Thank you so much again. My case was in NSC and was transferred local field office PD is October 2017. Even after 16 months and after 2 months of the interview. No green card yet. I submitted inquiries to Senator/Congressman and also make inquiry with Infopass before the interview after multiple inquiries interview was called.
                          Oh wow !! When did you apply? It sounds like you waiting way too long.

Comment

Did anyone from here was called for an interview for GC asylum based? I called to USCIS today and the level 2 officer told me that now in order to get the GC even if it?s asylum based will be called for interview to the field office?
                            I haven?t heard news about the principal applicant getting interviewed. He might be telling about the new policy of interviewing family of asylees.

Comment

Oh wow !! When did you apply? It sounds like you waiting way too long.
                              I applied on October 2017. It has been 16 months now. There is nothing we can do now if your case in NYC now. They do not allow Infopass, no online inquires for outside normal processing time and congressional inquiries since USCIS updated processing time in NSC.

My case was outside normal processing time 5 months ago and now again it is in processing time and I cannot do anything because of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamSam123 View Post
                                I haven?t heard news about the principal applicant getting interviewed. He might be telling about the new policy of interviewing family of asylees.
                                I never heard about this policy. My husband is the main applicant, me and our son are derivative. Can you tell more about this new policy? Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kDon View Post
                                I applied on October 2017. It has been 16 months now. There is nothing we can do now if your case in NYC now. They do not allow Infopass, no online inquires for outside normal processing time and congressional inquiries since USCIS updated processing time in NSC.

My case was outside normal processing time 5 months ago and now again it is in processing time and I cannot do anything because of that.
                                I?m sorry to hear that . It?s like you feel locked up in this situation. And the most annoying thing we payed money for this .
                                I?m wishing you all the best and please keep us updated. Gd bless you and all of us .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X