Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Nick213
    Congratulations on your Green Card.

I am worrying more and more every day why my card is not being approved yet. It have been 5 month already.

Comment

• Do you think should i hire a attorney for file I485. My attorney sue 1000$ onyle for file 485. Do you think is it worth? Also I paid to him for my case that's why I have some financial problems.

Comment

• Can an asylee travel abroad before getting Green Card?

Comment

• Originally posted by 27march View Post
          Do you think should i hire a attorney for file I485. My attorney sue 1000$ onyle for file 485. Do you think is it worth? Also I paid to him for my case that's why I have some financial problems.
          Of course it's better to have attorney. It's up to you, if you have an extra 1k, then go ahead. But if you don't, then all required information about how to file i-485 can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-485 it's not that hard.

Comment

• 1k to a lawyer is not it too much?

Comment

• I called to USCIS today to find out status of my case. Nice lady told me that no updates so far - still in Fingerprint review completed. I asked her why some people that apply with me in the same time already been processed and I am not. She said that it really depends on the officer and his work load, some of them has less cases and some more... so nothing to do - just wait and be patient.

Comment

• I have a few questions, if anyone can help, that will be wonderful.
                Can an asylee travel abroad with a refugee travel document without applying for a green card?
                Can an asylee apply for a green card and advance parole concurrently?
                Can an asylee travel abroad with a travel document while the green card application is pending?
                How long does it take to get an advance parole?
                Thank you so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Culcapc View Post
                  I have a few questions, if anyone can help, that will be wonderful.
                  Can an asylee travel abroad with a refugee travel document without applying for a green card?- Yes, As long as you have valid travel document but Remember you have to go through secondary inspection while coming back
                  Can an asylee apply for a green card and advance parole concurrently?-Yes, you can
                  Can an asylee travel abroad with a travel document while the green card application is pending?-Yes, Need Valid Travel document( Personally I won't recommend)
                  How long does it take to get an advance parole?- Depends on Service Center( Mine took 2 and half months)
                  Thank you so much.
                  See answers above.Hope it helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick213 View Post

Where above? I do not see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunmeikaz View Post

Of course it's better to have attorney. It's up to you, if you have an extra 1k, then go ahead. But if you don't, then all required information about how to file i-485 can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-485 it's not that hard.
                      A lawyer recently asked for $2,500 to prepare i-485 application package. Insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by Culcapc View Post

Where above? I do not see them.
                        Whit in the quoted text:
                        I have a few questions, if anyone can help, that will be wonderful.

Can an asylee travel abroad with a refugee travel document without applying for a green card?
                        - Yes, As long as you have valid travel document but Remember you have to go through secondary inspection while coming back

Can an asylee apply for a green card and advance parole concurrently?
                        -Yes, you can

Can an asylee travel abroad with a travel document while the green card application is pending?
                        -Yes, Need Valid Travel document( Personally I won't recommend)

How long does it take to get an advance parole?
                        - Depends on Service Center( Mine took 2 and half months)
                        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                        ---
                        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick213 View Post

Next to your question. See below:

Can an asylee travel abroad with a refugee travel document without applying for a green card?- Yes, As long as you have valid travel document but Remember you have to go through secondary inspection while coming back
                          Can an asylee apply for a green card and advance parole concurrently?-Yes, you can
                          Can an asylee travel abroad with a travel document while the green card application is pending?-Yes, Need Valid Travel document( Personally I won't recommend)
                          How long does it take to get an advance parole?- Depends on Service Center( Mine took 2 and half months)

Comment

• New here - Applying for i-485 based on Asylum
                            Feb 28 - 2018: Granted asylum
                            March 25 - 2018: Filed i-485 (with i-693)

I will post once i get any update. Hoping to get everything good.

Comment

• Hi, guys. I just checked case status and found update: Case Was Transferred To An Asylum Office

On February 21, 2019, we transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN....., to an asylum office for processing. That office will mail you a decision or send you a request if it needs something from you.

Is anybody got same status? What does it mean? Why NSC transferred my case to an asylum office? Should I worry about that?

Thank you for yours answers, folks!

Comment

• what did you send for your birth certificate? my attonery gave me a checklist and it says i need show my birth certificates but i don't have it. i can get it at my home country' embassy but i don't want to go there. what should i do?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X