X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icelt
    replied
    Originally posted by Icelt View Post
    Hello, I received a green card as an asylee in 2021 and applied for RTD before my I-485 was approved (my passport expired). I received my RTD in approximately 12 months. I traveled once outside the US, everything was fine. The RTD was supposed to expire in July, 2023, but I was invited for a wedding in Iceland in August, 2023, so I applied for the new one in February, 2023 (my old RTD was destroyed by USCIS). After reading this forum, I realized that I won't get the new RTD anytime soon despite a valid reason. And I don't think a call to USCIS would help. I believe, however, that there might be another way for me. When I applied for asylum, I let the immigration officer know that I couldn't go anywhere else in my home country (let's call it country A) and be safe and that I relinquished my previous citizenship (of country B) I had 10 years ago (the officer didn't even ask me about that country specifically). When I applied for the citizenship of country A, I was asked to complete a form to relinquish my previous citizenship. It turned out, however, that I'm still a citizen of my previous country B (I was born there) because that form I filled out was not an official procedure to renounce the citizenship of country B. So my question is if I go to the embassy of country B and ask for a passport and travel to Iceland with that passport, would I have any problems when I apply for a citizenship in two years? I didn't lie at the interview, just said what I thought was true at that moment.
    Another option is to renew the passport in the embassy of the country A I claimed the asylum from. Does anyone know if an asylee who holds a valid green card is allowed to renew the passport and use it for travel outside the US? Would I have any problems upon return? Would it have any effect on my case or is totally fine to renew the passport of the country I claimed my asylum from?
    Last edited by Icelt; 04-25-2023, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wssyed03
    replied
    Okay my RTD timeline:
    - I am from India and I have a A05 GC since 2020.
    - applied for RTD Apr 02, 2022.
    - fingerprints automatically got applied Apr 08, 2022.
    - RTD approved Apr 24, 2023.

I am planning a trip to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage and then going to stop see family in the UK. Maximum time I plan to be outside is 20-25 days. I plan on getting visas on the RTD for both these destinations. I do have a valid Indian passport but I don’t plan on using it.

What are the things to keep in mind to ensure smooth re-entry into the US?​

Leave a comment:

• Shohan
    replied
    Hello guys!

I had interviewed for my 485 based on asylum on April 11 after 1013 days of waiting!
    On April 12 , i got approved status.
    on April 13, I got card production.
    on April 14, case was reopened for reconsideration
    on April 17, case was reopened

then i received all of the above status by mail, with a misprinting name. (By the way i fixed this misprinting 2 yrars ago for the same reason and exact typo mistake and got letter that it was fix.)

My question, is this something common to reopen approved case and is this related to the typo mistake, any one know how long this will take? And what is the reason, all there notice has no inofrmation!

Leave a comment:

• Icelt
    replied
    Hello, I received a green card as an asylee in 2021 and applied for RTD before my I-485 was approved (my passport expired). I received my RTD in approximately 12 months. I traveled once outside the US, everything was fine. The RTD was supposed to expire in July, 2023, but I was invited for a wedding in Iceland in August, 2023, so I applied for the new one in February, 2023 (my old RTD was destroyed by USCIS). After reading this forum, I realized that I won't get the new RTD anytime soon despite a valid reason. And I don't think a call to USCIS would help. I believe, however, that there might be another way for me. When I applied for asylum, I let the immigration officer know that I couldn't go anywhere else in my home country (let's call it country A) and be safe and that I relinquished my previous citizenship (of country B) I had 10 years ago (the officer didn't even ask me about that country specifically). When I applied for the citizenship of country A, I was asked to complete a form to relinquish my previous citizenship. It turned out, however, that I'm still a citizen of my previous country B (I was born there) because that form I filled out was not an official procedure to renounce the citizenship of country B. So my question is if I go to the embassy of country B and ask for a passport and travel to Iceland with that passport, would I have any problems when I apply for a citizenship in two years? I didn't lie at the interview, just said what I thought was true at that moment.

Leave a comment:

• al3moudi
    replied
    When I applied for travel documents (i131 re entry permit) on May 2022 last year the processing time was 13 months and now they updated the processing time to 17 months . So would they process my case as 13months or they take the last updated processing time?

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye000
    replied
    Originally posted by TSCpending View Post

How can we file mandamus? Case pending since 08/2020
    Same here, 09/2020..
    @ mandamus123​ how much did it cost you ?

Leave a comment:

• TSCpending
    replied
    Originally posted by mandamus123 View Post
    Hey guys,

RFE was issued today after 2.5 years. Hopefully, that is gonna be medical.

The case was pending since October 2020.

Mandamus worked, so go ahead and file one!

How can we file mandamus? Case pending since 08/2020

Leave a comment:

• MrAnonymous
    replied
    Hey guys,

How long did it take them to respond to your Mandamus

Leave a comment:

• mandamus123
    replied
    Hey guys,

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Filed Mandamus in mid-February, but nothing is moving. There is smth wrong with all cases at MSC filed in 2020-2021. So pissed at this whole immigration bullshit! It's 6th year of my living in the US and still did not get my GC. Even Mandamus is not helping.
    This is being ridiculous. There are people who came here legally and with advanced degrees and working in tech that needs to way 10 - 20 years before they get their green card.

guess what, they have no flexible work authorizations and many, don't even have travel authorization and has to get visa stamps every year.

Honestly speaking, Asylees are doing just fine. You already got everything you need. Guess what, you paid 0 for your asylum status.

For Mandamus cases, each one is different.While in most simple cases where there are no security related issues, there is no guarantee USCIS will take actions.

Now that you have filed the case, you have to wait.

Class lawsuit won't help anyone in the short term as generally speaking the case will drag on for years. And as lead plaintiff there are a lot to loose. Additionally, now that they have changed the way they process asylum applications, I don't think there is much of a need for the class lawsuit.

Leave a comment:

• mandamus123
    replied
    Is anybody from NYC? Let's file a class action against USCIS!

Leave a comment:

• mandamus123
    replied
    Filed Mandamus in mid-February, but nothing is moving. There is smth wrong with all cases at MSC filed in 2020-2021. So pissed at this whole immigration bullshit! It's 6th year of my living in the US and still did not get my GC. Even Mandamus is not helping.

Leave a comment:

• Himalaya
    replied
    Ombudsman experience: I had applied adjustment status, USCIS received date October 12, 2020. I had service request to USCIS why my case is delayed- no response. I had service request to ombudsman and they sent inquiry to USCIS. Do you guys has any experience how long it’s takes to respond by USCIS

Leave a comment:

• MrAnonymous
    replied
    I sent my response to Portland Oregon field office about 10 days ago. Anyone know how long it takes to get approved at this service center ?

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam79 View Post
    Hi Flando. I finally received an update on the Request for Initial evidence after my interview this Jan 30th. I am an LGBTQ. They requested proof of my gender identity change. Does it mean they have done my background check? And is there a difference between Request for initial evidence and request for evidence?
    Hard to tell and it shouldn't matter to you as an applicant.

all you need to do is to follow instructions and provide the evidence.

Don't read too much into it and get an attorney if needed.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X