X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by R88 View Post

It doesn’t mention that so i am afraid that they updated the medical form so they need the new one but anyway i wanna know what did they ask you during the interview?
    It's meaningless to ask questions like this.

Each case is different. While generally they will confirm your answers on I-485, it all depends on your case.

You should get an attorney if you worried about the questions they are going to ask.

Leave a comment:

• R88
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmyin View Post

Please read again. The instruction in the letter should be bring your i693 package if you did not submit that with the application.
    It doesn’t mention that so i am afraid that they updated the medical form so they need the new one but anyway i wanna know what did they ask you during the interview?

Leave a comment:

• Jimmyin
    replied
    Norfolk,VA
    Please read again. The instruction in the letter should be bring your i693 package if you did not submit that with the application.

Leave a comment:

• R88
    replied
    Originally posted by Jdnyc View Post
    Hello friends Anybody have experience with granted asylum and have i485 interview in hottsville fields office long island ny . I’m waiting for my decision from last 10 week . Thanks
    What did they ask you during your interview?

Leave a comment:

• R88
    replied
    Norfolk,VA

Leave a comment:

• Jimmyin
    replied
    And by the way i have submitted my medical from with my AOS package why they did ask my to bring another one at my interview since its been less than two years so the one I submitted is still valid ?
    Which is your field office?

Leave a comment:

• R88
    replied
    And by the way i have submitted my medical from with my AOS package why they did ask my to bring another one at my interview since its been less than two years so the one I submitted is still valid ?

Leave a comment:

• R88
    replied
    Hello everyone
    i have an interview next month for my asylum adjustment of status . Does anyone had an interview for AOS and what they will ask ?

Leave a comment:

• Jdnyc
    replied
    Hello friends Anybody have experience with granted asylum and have i485 interview in hottsville fields office long island ny . I’m waiting for my decision from last 10 week . Thanks

Leave a comment:

• delayedGC
    replied
    has anybody got Permanent Residence card for 11 years of validity?

For an asylee who obtains lawful permanent residence, the date that they became a lawful permanent resident is backdated one year. For example, if you received a green card approval on August 1, 2022, your green card would state that you have been a resident since August 1, 2021—it will be backdated one year. You will notice that the expiration date will still be 10 years after the date your green card was approved (in this example, August 1, 2032).

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    Originally posted by flando View Post

Seems to be a system glitch.

That said, you should be able to find out after a day or two. If I were you, I would have sued USCIS / DHS.
    Thanks buddy, my lawyer says we have to wait for exemption authority, some guys in my situation sued with mandamus law suit and USCIS gave decisions with denials saying there is no exemption authority for your group so wait until exemption or we are compelled to deny until secretary of state and attorney general office does not issue DHS with your exemption. I told my attorney that I have no link with the group they connected me and she said you can tell them in the interview so I did but I.O. didn't say a word in regards to the wrong group. If a case is on hold based on 212a3b of ina it is hard to fight with mandamus law suit. There were about 3000 hold cases in 2022 there were I believe 16000 in 2008 and I am unfortunately one of them.

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by Birjees2003 View Post
    Since 2012 USCIS on line status update case search informed that my request for evidence was received on (date 2012) we are actively processing your case, even after interview notice nothing changed and it informed the same thing but after almost 11 years yesterday my case search changed "Your case status is unavailable at this time. We are working to get you accurate information as soon as possible". I am so puzzled if this is a good sign or USCIS is still disappointing in my case as always.
    Seems to be a system glitch.

That said, you should be able to find out after a day or two. If I were you, I would have sued USCIS / DHS.

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    Since 2012 USCIS on line status update case search informed that my request for evidence was received on (date 2012) we are actively processing your case, even after interview notice nothing changed and it informed the same thing but after almost 11 years yesterday my case search changed "Your case status is unavailable at this time. We are working to get you accurate information as soon as possible". I am so puzzled if this is a good sign or USCIS is still disappointing in my case as always.

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Important Update From USCIS -

USCIS has updated its policy today that could, in theory, enable early filling of I-485 for asylees.

The calculation of the 1 year physical presence requirement has been modified to be based on the time of adjudication.

That means you can file for AOS before the 1 year anniversary date.

Though it remains unclear how USCIS would handle cases where when they are ready to adjudicate the candidate does not meet the 1 year presence requirement.

Leave a comment:

• Coffeebreak
    replied
    What does it mean when the USCIS tracker says ‘service request was completed’ but I haven’t received any update on email or post office from them? Been waiting since April 2018.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X