X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maratathi
    replied
    USCIS increased processing Times.

My processing time was due for enquiry on March 13th & it has now been moved to July 13th.

I guess the speeding up in 2023 was just all empty talk.

Leave a comment:

• Sam79
    replied
    Hi Flando. I finally received an update on the Request for Initial evidence after my interview this Jan 30th. I am an LGBTQ. They requested proof of my gender identity change. Does it mean they have done my background check? And is there a difference between Request for initial evidence and request for evidence?

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by al3moudi View Post
    How long did renewing travel document for GC holder take for you? Now itโ€™s been almost a year same action โ€œ fingerprints were takenโ€
    The USCIS official processing time seems to be very accurate for travel documents.

Leave a comment:

• al3moudi
    replied
    How long did renewing travel document for GC holder take for you? Now itโ€™s been almost a year same action โ€œ fingerprints were takenโ€

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by TSCpending View Post

Can a Writ of Mandamus be filled when your case is still within the processing times posted by the uscis? My adjustment application has been pending with no action after receipt notice for near three years. If you or anyone can advise how to proceed with filling a writ of mandamus please ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
    Yes. You should contact an attorney.

Leave a comment:

• TSCpending
    replied
    Originally posted by flando View Post

My personal opinion is you consider Writ of Mandamus after ~6 months, which is a strong indicator that your case will be dragging on for years.
    Can a Writ of Mandamus be filled when your case is still within the processing times posted by the uscis? My adjustment application has been pending with no action after receipt notice for near three years. If you or anyone can advise how to proceed with filling a writ of mandamus please ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam79 View Post
    If I sue, is it mandamus?
    My personal opinion is you consider Writ of Mandamus after ~6 months, which is a strong indicator that your case will be dragging on for years.

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Sam79
    replied

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Hi Flando. I was interviewed in San Francisco this January 30 for my green card based on asylum. Until now no decision has been made. Is this normal? It is more than a month already. They did not send me new notices or RFE. It is on hold.
    That generally means you have some admissibility issue that needs to be resolved.

Depends on the nature of the issue, it could be quick (background check expired) or long.

Regardless, there is absolutely nothing you can do but to wait (or sue). Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Sam79
    replied
    Hi Flando. I was interviewed in San Francisco this January 30 for my green card based on asylum. Until now no decision has been made. Is this normal? It is more than a month already. They did not send me new notices or RFE. It is on hold.

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by maratathi View Post
    I did my interview today at the Atlanta field office 4yrs after applying for asylee I-485 adjustment of status.

After the interview I was handed a notice that says USCIS is unable to complete your case at this time.

Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made.

Your case is being held for required background checks. Once all the requisite clearances have been received and reviewed, you will be notified by mail of the decision on your application.

Has anyone here had this experience & how long did they take?

Why did they not do a background check before calling me for the interview?

They have been holding the case for 4 years.

Short answer is - nobody knows.

Whatever others' experiences has nothing to do with yours as each case is different.

The most common reason is either you had TRIGs, or criminal issues. This could be a name mismatch. But generally speaking, cases delayed for years most of them have issues with admissibility. What exactly is the problem, no body knows.

Those issues will have to be resolved / cleared by headquarters before your case can move forward.

Leave a comment:

• Ad_darji
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
    USCIS received my RFE about 8 months ago and still they havenโ€™t made a decision. Field office is Miami Florida.

crazy thing is that Iโ€™ve seen rfe from Miami get approved in just one month or even 2. anyone experiencing this ?โ€‹
    Did you hear anything

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by JckDan3 View Post
    Hi Everyone, I have a quick question regarding Refugee Travel Document, my Form I-485 has the status "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" for the past 2 years (NBC), recently I finally received my RTD, (of course my country's passport expired long time ago). I'm planning to see my family while my RTD is still valid, so my question would be what are the risks traveling only with RTD (without a GC) and which countries accept RTD and what will be the return to US process, please, share if anyone has travel experience only with RTD, thank you in advance!
    This is a loaded question and you should seek the help of an attorney.

The acceptance of RTD is country specific you only need to check whatever country you are traveling to. Nobody can give you answer for hundreds of countries out there.

As to the risks, mostly it's about if your LPR has been approved while you are abroad, it could complicate things when you return, i.e. making sure you are admitted as LPR vs asylee. But again, you should work with an attorney on your options.

Leave a comment:

• maratathi
    replied
    Originally posted by Birjees2003 View Post

I was interviewed in December 2021, still waiting, did medical 4 times.
    WOW! Unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X