replied
    I am in same boat.

Leave a comment:

• delayedGC
    replied
    Originally posted by George1990 View Post
    Do you mind sharing us your time frame?
    11/2019 asylum granted
    11/2020 i485 application was received (NBC)
    01/2021 fingerprint was taken

no movement for 2 years

01/2023 finally decided to file mandamus
    notice served to us attorneys and after 2 weeks received rfe on 01/17/23.

Leave a comment:

• MrAnonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by flando View Post

That's very interesting, as your marital status, specifically being single and not sponsor anyone in your application, has little value to the case in most situations as you said.

If you don't mind you can share the reasonings given in the RFE and/or upload a copy of the RFE with personal information removed.
    They didn’t give a reason they just asked for that pointing that it was needed for them to make a decision and it’s been so long now and they haven’t made a decision.

Leave a comment:

• George1990
    replied
    Do you mind sharing us your time frame?

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by delayedGC View Post
    i received RFE for medical last week for my pending i485 ( asylum based). Do i send Original RFE letter back with my medical or a copy of RFE letter and medical back to USCIS?
    Make a copy for your self and send in the original on top of your medical envelope.

Leave a comment:

• delayedGC
    replied
    i received RFE for medical last week for my pending i485 ( asylum based). Do i send Original RFE letter back with my medical or a copy of RFE letter and medical back to USCIS?

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post

They asked me to send proof that I was still single which I think was very weird and highly unnecessary . It has now cost me 8 months of no activity on my case.
    That's very interesting, as your marital status, specifically being single and not sponsor anyone in your application, has little value to the case in most situations as you said.

If you don't mind you can share the reasonings given in the RFE and/or upload a copy of the RFE with personal information removed.

Leave a comment:

• MrAnonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by flando View Post

The best advise I have repeatedly given is just wait.

this is exactly why I repeated so many times and some one complained, but I would say it again, don't look at other people's cases. It won't help you in any way.

You got worried if your case is not being processed as fast as others'.

Each case is different. There is nothing you can do. RFE generally a good sign, so just wait.
    They asked me to send proof that I was still single which I think was very weird and highly unnecessary . It has now cost me 8 months of no activity on my case.

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied
    Originally posted by josh26 View Post

I am sorry to hear that, and I have never heard of a case taking over 20 years wow. I hope someone will help you with that, but seriously if I were you, I would just hire an attorney for that.
    Thanks for your concerns, I have hired several attorneys in this 30 year journey, some times USCIS complicates a case by their own mistake/s and gets hard headed to solve it. Unfortunately I just got sucked in the pipeline now I have to wait indefinitely, the damages are countless due to this. The attorney is advising to wait until I receive something from USCIS, mandamus is not advisable due to the risk of denials since USCIS has denied numerous mandamus cases on asylum based i485, Thanks again for your interest.
    Last edited by Birjees2003; 01-15-2023, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flando
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAnonymous View Post
    USCIS received my RFE about 8 months ago and still they haven’t made a decision. Field office is Miami Florida.

crazy thing is that I’ve seen rfe from Miami get approved in just one month or even 2. anyone experiencing this ?​
    The best advise I have repeatedly given is just wait.

this is exactly why I repeated so many times and some one complained, but I would say it again, don't look at other people's cases. It won't help you in any way.

You got worried if your case is not being processed as fast as others'.

Each case is different. There is nothing you can do. RFE generally a good sign, so just wait.

Leave a comment:

• MrAnonymous
    replied
    USCIS received my RFE about 8 months ago and still they haven’t made a decision. Field office is Miami Florida.

crazy thing is that I’ve seen rfe from Miami get approved in just one month or even 2. anyone experiencing this ?​

Leave a comment:

• josh26
    replied
    Originally posted by Birjees2003 View Post

Oh, thanks, I got little excited because my case is pending since 1999, I thought it could also be retroactively processed, you were a great help, so I don't see much hope there, but let's see how it goes.
    Thanks again.
    I am sorry to hear that, and I have never heard of a case taking over 20 years wow. I hope someone will help you with that, but seriously if I were you, I would just hire an attorney for that.

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied

Hey! yes I didn't have to wait because as I said earlier I am in the Army. when you join a military branch as green card holder, you don't need to wait 4 or 5 years to apply for naturalization. In this process on top of the N-400, we will have the for N-426 signed by an officer in our chain of command, which proves that we apply for naturalization as military service member. This is not a regular process
    Oh, thanks, I got little excited because my case is pending since 1999, I thought it could also be retroactively processed, you were a great help, so I don't see much hope there, but let's see how it goes.
    Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• josh26
    replied
    Originally posted by Birjees2003 View Post

Hello, It's very kind of you to answer, sorry for putting my question in so complicated way, simply what I know is in asylum the green card is backdated one year and the applicant is eligible for citizenship after additional 4 years, but in your case you did not have to wait that long that is why I asked you if you green card was back dated more or less 4 or 5 years, thanks again for answering and wish you all the best.
    Hey! yes I didn't have to wait because as I said earlier I am in the Army. when you join a military branch as green card holder, you don't need to wait 4 or 5 years to apply for naturalization. In this process on top of the N-400, we will have the for N-426 signed by an officer in our chain of command, which proves that we apply for naturalization as military service member. This is not a regular process

Leave a comment:

• Birjees2003
    replied

Hello! I am not sure to understand your question entirely. So yes I got my green card in hand on April 3rd 2022 that's 10 months ago, and yes my green card was back dated ( from 03/26/2021 to 03/26/2032). looking at the green card it seemed like 11 years of validity because it was backdate. If you see my timeline, from the day I sent my green card application until the date of the approval, it was precisely 2 years and 10 months of wait. I never did anything to make them expedite my case, I tried to call them a few times but I was never lucky to talk to a real person, only the robot. and also I didn't have issue having jobs even with my work authorization that was expired. I waited patiently because I could see in this forum a lot of people were waiting even longer than me.

so after receiving my green card last year, I immediately joined the military, especially the Army to be Army national guard of Texas. Then later on I applied for naturalization, I didn't have to wait 4 years. I basically used my green card for only 9.5 months.

I hope I was able to respond properly
    Hello, It's very kind of you to answer, sorry for putting my question in so complicated way, simply what I know is in asylum the green card is backdated one year and the applicant is eligible for citizenship after additional 4 years, but in your case you did not have to wait that long that is why I asked you if you green card was back dated more or less 4 or 5 years, thanks again for answering and wish you all the best.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X